Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Installed the Talons Garage Skid Plate/Catalytic Converter Anti-Theft Plate since they are getting stolen all the time here in Houston. Also installed Husky wheel liners as well.

https://www.talonsgarage.com/product-page/f-150-transmission-skid-plate
I spoke with the guy there and asked about a single piece cat plate for the powerboost. He said he would love to design and make one. He did say it would take a lot of material in place of the PB brackets so it would be a good bit higher but I still would love to get one. He said he just needs a PB to measure it up.

I hope he decides to move forward with this as I would buy one too. I am just not to keen on those extra bracket pieces.

Good luck with yours! Hopefully a sturdy visual deterrent will be enough to have the scum move on to the next one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
pavementends said:
no way I'm letting some $11/hr high school kid in a dealership
No issues with changing your oil by yourself, but this ^ statement isn't sitting right with me for some reason (n)
As a father who's daughter graduated high school with honors in mechanics, I agree whole heartedly with you sbi.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
@FrankThompson Did you end up just leaving the 2022 HVAC control unit in and gave up on the idea of the 21?

Still debating on if I even want to mess with mine or not. I do have the light up cup holders I want to put in, I guess I could try it then since I’d be half way there.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
@FrankThompson Did you end up just leaving the 2022 HVAC control unit in and gave up on the idea of the 21?

Still debating on if I even want to mess with mine or not. I do have the light up cup holders I want to put in, I guess I could try it then since I’d be half way there.
I took out the 21 as I assumed it was defective. Someone is checking if I have the right part for my trim. I'm not sure if it's worth trying again. I got a great deal on the module which is why I tried I'm the first place.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Coverking neoprene seat covers installed.
The blue are the covers? That looks really nice! Would you mind saying where you purchased them?

lynskynbnd

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offcambercrawlers.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150, 1987 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Auto Tech
The blue are the covers? That looks really nice! Would you mind saying where you purchased them?
Directly from Coverking web pages. The top of my center seat is not a storage compartment, but I made that cover fit. All the other pieces fit great.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
So I decided to try and swap out the Hvac control module for a 2021 version (yes, same options as mine). I did test the lcds on the dials before putting it all together, but should have tested it all. The whole bottom row of buttons does not work (or at least the leds do not work on them) and the AC button either doesn't work or it's LED is out. My guess is that one of the connector ports on the back is broken or something. Here is what it looks like:

That is unless someone can tell me what happened and there is a fix.

Either way......what I did to my truck was put the old HVAC module back in.... LOL
So after talking with @iceman77 via PM, we figured out my module was not programmed. So I grabbed the config off my old '22 one and I loaded it up on the '21 module and it all works! (I had to update forscan to the newest version to get this to work).

I also delete the temps from the top of the 12" screen and turned off the fake engine noise (though I never noticed it and not even sure it was actually doing anything. I only have the normal B&O and I hear it only is on the Unleashed version..so who knows)

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1652827724881

(excuse my dirty truck, I had all the doors open trying to not die of heat exhaustion while I swapped them out, reprogrammed etc. I will have to clean it this weekend).

Simon11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502a
It's such a better look. I really thought the 22 look wouldn't bother me but those knobs are so big that they look out of place without the temps displayed. I have have to see if I can find some change in the couch. There's forever one more thing I want to do to the truck.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
It's such a better look. I really thought the 22 look wouldn't bother me but those knobs are so big that they look out of place without the temps displayed. I have have to see if I can find some change in the couch. There's forever one more thing I want to do to the truck.
At first, when I found out gen14 had the temps on the knob I was upset. I didn't think I would like it, but with there no climate control in sync4, I decided I would rather have it all on the dials and in that area. It just makes sense if it's not gonna be in sync.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
routed wires through the frame to the rear, and some more through the firewall using the existing space in the big factory plug
added new leds lights under rear to illuminate the dark spot behind me in the woods
surprisingly the routing through the frame from the front fender are to the end was not to bad . i used a 4 foot twisted .040 safety wire as a routing aid
and used the rear frame support as a channel to run wire across to passenger side
lights up the back neighbors place pretty good

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ rear led5

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ rear leds (1)

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ rear leds (3)

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ leds6

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ led77

Last edited:

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
So after talking with @iceman77 via PM, we figured out my module was not programmed. So I grabbed the config off my old '22 one and I loaded it up on the '21 module and it all works! (I had to update forscan to the newest version to get this to work).

I also delete the temps from the top of the 12" screen and turned off the fake engine noise (though I never noticed it and not even sure it was actually doing anything. I only have the normal B&O and I hear it only is on the Unleashed version..so who knows)

1652827724881.png

(excuse my dirty truck, I had all the doors open trying to not die of heat exhaustion while I swapped them out, reprogrammed etc. I will have to clean it this weekend).
Awesome! Do you have the Forscan changes you made saved by chance?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Awesome! Do you have the Forscan changes you made saved by chance?
Depends on what you are looking to do.

If you are looking to swap in a '21 HVAC module that is new, you have save your config for the HVAC module of your old one before the swap (it is not one of the ones it saves automatically). Once you've installed the new one, you load the HVAC module again, load the values from the saved copy from you old one and then write them to the new one.

If you just want to remove the temps from the 12" screen. I found it here (read the 3-4 post after this one between @iceman77 and @JHForman812 ).

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...between-2021-and-2022-f-150s.7733/post-164884

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Depends on what you are looking to do.

If you are looking to swap in a '21 HVAC module that is new, you have save your config for the HVAC module of your old one before the swap (it is not one of the ones it saves automatically). Once you've installed the new one, you load the HVAC module again, load the values from the saved copy from you old one and then write them to the new one.

If you just want to remove the temps from the 12" screen. I found it here (read the 3-4 post after this one between @iceman77 and @JHForman812 ).

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...between-2021-and-2022-f-150s.7733/post-164884
Yeah, I have a module from a 21 with digital knobs I was going to swap in my 22. I’ve never had a 21 truck, just got the HVAC control unit from one

So when you unplug the original 22 and plug in the 21, that essentially wipes out your module settings? And you just have to reload the original 22 settings?
Thanks.
Sponsored