Sponsored

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
No issues with changing your oil by yourself, but this ^ statement isn't sitting right with me for some reason (n)
I went to the local lube shop since the dealer was 6 weeks out for an oil change and wanted fresh oil to hold me over. Told them all I wanted was an oil change, no washer fluid etc. They topped off the other fluids with their crap and their siphon was broken so I siphoned all the crap out myself and refilled it. They also didn't replace the oil filter. How hard is it to skip the "complimentary" services when asked.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Γ—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Using quality synthetic oil, there's zero reason a modern vehicle can't go 10k miles between oil changes. I'm not sure why truck folks (here and elsewhere) are so stuck on short OCIs. A lot has changed in the past 20-30 years with oil and engines.

In other news, we're building a permanent fire pit in the back yard, so we picked up some supplies to put the base in. Need some more stone to finish it off, but since this was already over payload, I didn't want to add another 500#. Truck didn't care at all though and barely even realized there was ~1500# of stone and sand in the bed.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ PXL_20220514_182004446

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Re: 10k oil change. I change mine every 10k or every year.. saying my last truck I put 15k miles over 4.5 years I always do the once a year change. This truck itself (or at least my 2017) will do this for you and after 1 year bug you if you haven't hit the 7500-10k miles they recommend.

Re: what I did today.

Today I changed out the silver lugs for black gorilla ones. (Excuse the dirty rims)
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ PXL_20220514_201405453

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ PXL_20220514_202150511

I may still go out and put the vinyl f150 inlay in. Not sure. Stupid Florida heat is getting to me....lol

Reactions: 780

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
So I decided to try and swap out the Hvac control module for a 2021 version (yes, same options as mine). I did test the lcds on the dials before putting it all together, but should have tested it all. The whole bottom row of buttons does not work (or at least the leds do not work on them) and the AC button either doesn't work or it's LED is out. My guess is that one of the connector ports on the back is broken or something. Here is what it looks like:

That is unless someone can tell me what happened and there is a fix.

Either way......what I did to my truck was put the old HVAC module back in.... LOL

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Using quality synthetic oil, there's zero reason a modern vehicle can't go 10k miles between oil changes. I'm not sure why truck folks (here and elsewhere) are so stuck on short OCIs. A lot has changed in the past 20-30 years with oil and engines.

In other news, we're building a permanent fire pit in the back yard, so we picked up some supplies to put the base in. Need some more stone to finish it off, but since this was already over payload, I didn't want to add another 500#. Truck didn't care at all though and barely even realized there was ~1500# of stone and sand in the bed.

PXL_20220514_182004446.jpg
You're nuts

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Installed my Lomax Original (not Stance) cover with the matte finish. Had a Truxedo LoPro on my last truck and liked it enough but wanted to try a folder this time. Really liking the looks and functionality on this Lomax. Also, the install is legitimately 20 mins if you're moving slowly.

Bed Rug is next.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20220514_154736

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20220514_154728

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 20220514_154741

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I went to the local lube shop since the dealer was 6 weeks out for an oil change and wanted fresh oil to hold me over. Told them all I wanted was an oil change, no washer fluid etc. They topped off the other fluids with their crap and their siphon was broken so I siphoned all the crap out myself and refilled it. They also didn't replace the oil filter. How hard is it to skip the "complimentary" services when asked.
It probably isn't hard to skip what you asked them to skip, but that doesn't reflect on all "$11 high school kids" who work, want to work, heck - perhaps even have to work, and want to learn.
And frankly - I don't have facts to prove it, but I highly doubt a reputable Ford dealership would let a high school kid do an oil change before they know what they're doing.
That's why that statement doesn't sit well with me.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Installed my Lomax Original (not Stance) cover with the matte finish. Had a Truxedo LoPro on my last truck and liked it enough but wanted to try a folder this time. Really liking the looks and functionality on this Lomax. Also, the install is legitimately 20 mins if you're moving slowly.

Bed Rug is next.

20220514_154736.jpg

20220514_154728.jpg

20220514_154741.jpg
That Lomax is the one Weathertech brands as their own. But I'm pretty sure it's made by Lomax. I put one on my 2018 and after 3 years 7 months it still looked and operated perfectly. A great product.

My 2022 is the 6.5' bed though so I can't use it on this new truck. And it looks like it's increased in price considerably, just as everything else. πŸ™„πŸ˜

Looks great, by the way.

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That Lomax is the one Weathertech brands as their own. But I'm pretty sure it's made by Lomax. I put one on my 2018 and after 3 years 7 months it still looked and operated perfectly. A great product.

My 2022 is the 6.5' bed though so I can't use it on this new truck. And it looks like it's increased in price considerably, just as everything else. πŸ™„πŸ˜

Looks great, by the way.
Thank you! It's definitely the same product. I wanted the WeatherTech because the warranty is slightly better, but they didn't have free shipping, so it would've been another $140 to ship. I got the Lomax branded one for $915 shipped.

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Thank you! It's definitely the same product. I wanted the WeatherTech because the warranty is slightly better, but they didn't have free shipping, so it would've been another $140 to ship. I got the Lomax branded one for $915 shipped.
Where did you order the lomax?

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where did you order the lomax?
Auto Anything with a 10% "call or chat" discount. Basically just start a chat online and they'll give you a discount.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
So I decided to try and swap out the Hvac control module for a 2021 version (yes, same options as mine). I did test the lcds on the dials before putting it all together, but should have tested it all. The whole bottom row of buttons does not work (or at least the leds do not work on them) and the AC button either doesn't work or it's LED is out. My guess is that one of the connector ports on the back is broken or something. Here is what it looks like:

That is unless someone can tell me what happened and there is a fix.

Either way......what I did to my truck was put the old HVAC module back in.... LOL
I doubt you broke anything. This is not the first time I’ve heard of this issue with guys swapping 21 units into 22’s. My guess is it’s a compatibility issue.

I have an HVAC unit from a β€˜21 I was planning on swapping into mine, but now I’m kinda worried about it not working now.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Today I got my vinyl inlays for the tailgate done! Looks so much better. But now the blue oval really sticks out. Time for some black ones!

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ PXL_20220515_202725413
Sponsored