Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Pan got me hooked on turtle wax seal n shine and turtle wax ice spray wax for a topper.
Also great products from what I understand.

I haven't used anything turtle wax for decades, because I always associated turtle wax with the older paste waxes. They've certainly stepped up their game it seems - in a few years when I run out of 303, I'll give it a try. :D

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their cars.
It wasn't today but I learned something about my f150 recently.

I wasn't four wheeling or anything but I did drive it off the pavement for the first time along side a corn field until I got to some 1-2 foot tall grass.

It was not happy! Alarms started going off and it was flashing on the instrument cluster as well as the center screen thinking I was running into stuff.

What really freaked me out though was when after I had cut some chunks of wood I was after I turned around and started backing up and when it slammed on the brakes and stopped me dead I thought I'd run into something I couldn't see in the grass! LOL

Lesson learned..... Turn off all the nannies if you are going to be driving in grass like that!
Lol, that would freak me out too. Glad you didn't run over anything though.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their cars.
-Ford Performance bilstien leveling kit
-installed black rear wells from Amazon
- gator hard tri food tonneau cover
- ceramic tint
- upgraded to good year ultra terrain 275/70/18(33s) on stock rims
- replaced side badges to American flag. Purchased on eBay for 40 bucks. Well worth it.
- short antenna
- dash cam.l that hooks into mirror for power. Can't even tell I have it. Made specifically for ford. 130ish from Amazon. Well worth it. Fitcamx

CM_Photogrid_1678558104540.jpg

20230312_113040.jpg

20230312_113032.jpg

Sounds like a productive time. Your ride looks amazing!

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Stopped at Costco on my way home to get gas, but made a quick pit stop at the tire center to add some air to my tires as they were a couple PSI below where I wanted them to be. Then I got home and applied the TCU update, so I'm now at the equivalent of PowerUp 3.5.4.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I take it you don’t want to pay the $80 subscription lol
He was one of the unlucky 2022 J2 trucks with the factory nav deleted altogether. I am assuming your 23 STX has the factory nav, just like my 23 STX does

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
What is this subscription fee you speak of?
On my 2023 they gave a 3 month trial for the connected navigation, once that’s up it’s $80 per year to keep service. I know on higher trims it reverts to old fashioned Nav even if you don’t pay….but my understanding is at least for my STX it reverts to a map with no navigation without paying the fee

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
On my 2023 they gave a 3 month trial for the connected navigation, once that’s up it’s $80 per year to keep service. I know on higher trims it reverts to old fashioned Nav even if you don’t pay….but my understanding is at least for my STX it reverts to a map with no navigation without paying the fee
Oh, no kidding, I did not realize Ford was doing this. All of my previous vehicles had NAV installed and I never had to pay to use it.

I feel this word is going "in app purchase" on everything now, which sucks.

That said, I would have paid $80 per year for NAV if I had the choice, it would have been cheaper, even after many years.

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
Just got done waxing with Mcguires hybrid ceramic wax.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Oh, no kidding, I did not realize Ford was doing this. All of my previous vehicles had NAV installed and I never had to pay to use it.

I feel this word is going "in app purchase" on everything now, which sucks.

That said, I would have paid $80 per year for NAV if I had the choice, it would have been cheaper, even after many years.
I think it’s a crock, because once Ford decides to stop supporting sync 4 I’m sure all Nav will go poof and be gone. I’m not big into leasing or subscriptions which surprises people as I’m a 24 yea old gen z lol, growing up with tech I see how much it can suck sometimes. I’m all about ownership, the idea of renting a service from someone else never has sat well with me. I guess I don’t mind my gym membership, because that equipment would cost me thousands. But navigation? Nah just charge me once. Same reason I bought the truck and didn’t lease, I don’t want to think about how much I drive or if I want to put an exhaust on lol.
Sponsored