Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Full set of TuxMats. I considered Weathertech HP and Maxpider 3D but decided on something a little different. Almost a perfect off-black shade match to the off-black Lariat Sport interior. They come with all kinds of clips but I let them get good and hot out in the 90 degree sun on concrete and they laid in nicely. I'll give it a few weeks and see if any clips are needed. They do cover more than any mats I looked at and so far I'm pretty impressed. Foam layer inside is supposed to also provide some sound deadening, not that I felt it needs it. Got to me in MI from Canada in just 3 days, right around $210 shipped for the set.
20220624_195210.jpg

20220624_195537.jpg

20220624_195545.jpg

20220624_195154.jpg
Oh wow! I really like the amount of coverage those offer. Never heard of them before.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Oh wow! I really like the amount of coverage those offer. Never heard of them before.
I hadn't either but after a few dozen Google searches for the other brands a TuxMat ad showed up. I had the Ford rubber set before and it's big downside is that they stop short of the plastic door sill plate so stuff collects in the valley in between. I think Weathertech and others would have solved that gripe for me too.

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I hadn't either but after a few dozen Google searches for the other brands a TuxMat ad showed up. I had the Ford rubber set before and it's big downside is that they stop short of the plastic door sill plate so stuff collects in the valley in between. I think Weathertech and others would have solved that gripe for me too.
Yes, Weather techs were supposed to be included in my deal but someone dropped the ball and forgot to order them. So they ended up giving me the Ford Accessories liners and I am finding the same thing you mentioned about the space between the seat and door sill.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Having received my Iowa Transit Title from Granger Ford this morning I was able to make the TX tax man happy and install my permanent 'hard tags' (y)

And oh boy, I am really loving my new truck with the running boards described in a previous post here :)

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ TAGGED R

Last edited:

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB
Speaking of hard tags...

My front plate bracket (needed here in NJ or risk a ticket) came off twice when I was washing (a few weeks ago and today). There are no screws or holes in the bumper which is nice but mine just felt pretty loose for some reason (the heat loosened it?). The brackets didn't seem bent/broke nor did the mounting points.

Didn’t want this to come off on the road or worse break the bracket this attaches to (2 vertical plastic β€˜pillars’ by the lower air vent, went with a mishimoto tow hook mounted bracket (not sure if worth the price or if I should have done a cheaper amazon one that someone else has posted in this thread)

OEM:
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 53BAF1B7-7C94-4C75-A752-6DB163564071

Mishimoto:
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ bracket

Had to mount the plates inverse of the instructions to lower it the few inches to avoid triggering the front sensor (thanks Raptor forums for this idea):

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 67226FDE-7AF5-44F5-902E-078D706D30FB

The instructions have you mount the big part on the top and the lower β€˜clamping’ piece on the bottom, but just put the clamping piece on the top to lower it. I don’t do any off-reading so would rather give up a free tow hook (easily removable with 2 10mm wrenches) then lose my plate and have to deal with the DMV or someone driving around a car with my plate.

Last edited:

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
Not a ton of mods yet since I officially picked her up this month and contemplated of selling it again for a huge profit but managed to keep it for now πŸ˜„

added the bak x4s tonneau cover which I love. I had the old version on m other truck and this new version is even better!
got the Ford F-150 bed mat
Added 3 lights back in, cup holder ambient, media bin, and glove box.
removed the 4x4 decal
Did a few forscan edits πŸ‘
Still in the packaging are license plate bulbs and box lights to be put in
Next up those damn chrome mirror caps, do I buy oem or just paint these?
This week it goes in for full tints!

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ D6A072BE-3471-4619-A59C-4D8E3E294CA2

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ BD099737-E85C-408D-ABC7-01B213543510

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1C833346-2BDA-4DB1-B1DF-13E19AD13C12

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 8A7B07A5-0572-4994-8F90-82C86D0A3BC1

Last edited:

Steve N

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 powerboost
Occupation
Union Carpenter

Sponsored

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
Got full ceramic tint done this morning. 70% windshield, 30% front and 20% rear.
Prior accessories installed over the last few weeks:

Ford tri-fold hard tonneau (Old model. Got it at cost)
black vinyl sticker on fender badges
Amp research power steps
Protech screen protector
License plate light LEDs
Husky wheel well liners
Door sill protector
stubby antenna
Ford mud flaps
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_7372
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_7373
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_7376
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ IMG_7374

Last edited:

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Today I got my bedrug installed.

In my '17 I had the one with the tailgate cover, but after removing it once to wash the bed, it never stuck again to the velcro on the tailgate. The company didn't help me besides sending out velcro to replace what was on the tailgate, but it was the velcro on the bedrug itself that appears to have not been working anymore. (my fault, I didn't buy from an authorized reseller, so what help they gave me was ok....I guess)

Anywho, since I have the work surface I figured I would go without the tailgate part and try that out so here you go. I'll have to see how I like it. I feel like I'm gonna miss the tailgate part for sliding stuff in and out of the bed.

if that is an issue I'll either get the standalone tailgate or just repurchase the one with the tailgate part.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1656525659382

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
What I need to do to my 21 Lariat F150 PB. Teaching a teenager to drive and using 21 PB. Doing urban, residential, interstates and rural areas for the required 50 hours after drivers Ed. One of the issues that continues to pop up is his relying on the dash speed limit that the truck identifies for that road. Unfortunately, on some of the rural roads and even private lanes in the rural areas the dash shows 55 mph as the limit. He takes that information as gospel and tries to drive that speed on slippery, very narrow and hilly roads and paths. Is there a way to turn off the dash designated speed limit number?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
He takes that information as gospel and tries to drive that speed on slippery, very narrow and hilly roads and paths.
IMO ^that's^ the problem your continuing driver training needs to address.

Your young driver will eventually be on his own and face instruments with speed limit indicators as well as roadside signs that need to be 'adjusted down' in certain conditions - they need to learn that judgement now, and hiding the indicators on their training vehicle won't help with that. No one says driver education or learning is easy.

Just sayin' ..... for your consideration and your learning driver's benefit.

Last edited:

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
IMO ^that's^ the problem your driver training needs to address.

Your young driver will eventually be on his own and face instruments with speed limit indicators as well as roadside signs that need to be 'adjusted down' in certain conditions - they need to learn that judgement now, and hiding the indicators on their training vehicle won't help with that, nobody says driver education or learning is easy.

Just sayin' ..... for your consideration and your learning driver's benefit.
Totally agree that learning to drive is a lengthy and accumulation of experience and information. However, I'd prefer that he doesn't have a $72,000+ vehicle providing him with false and misleading information at this stage of learning. This age group has grown up with electronic information that seems to be totally acceptable to them without any use of common sense or gut feelings. I have no problem with the system reading misinformation but would like to reduce or hide until he has more driving seat of the pants experience. I tell him when not posted in residential areas 25 is speed limit unless posted otherwise. But he reads the speedometer that last read 45 on the entry road to subdivision and he believes that is the appropriate speed limit. I would like to hide the electronic misinformation and teach him to deduce speed by the arena he is driving in.
Sponsored