Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
You are correct, the combined direct and port should reduce valve buildup. However, since we still have port injection, some fuel and oil from the feedback could still be mixed behind the valve and attach itself before combustion, while less likely thanks to dual injection, still possible.
While it may be overkill in the grand scheme of things it is pennies. Pay some extra pennies for overkill, sign me up all day long.

I'm lugging the mags with me to Iowa when my truck comes in and bringing a sheet to lay down on the ground. I don't want to dirty up my shirt. The truck is leaving the dealership with those on the filter before I drive home 1100 miles. I am sure I will do the catch shortly after I am home, maybe the Bilsteins first though.

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ Franken Mag.JPG
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
While it may be overkill in the grand scheme of things it is pennies. Pay some extra pennies for overkill, sign me up all day long.

I'm lugging the mags with me to Iowa when my truck comes in and bringing a sheet to lay down on the ground. I don't want to dirty up my shirt. The truck is leaving the dealership with those on the filter before I drive home 1100 miles. I am sure I will do the catch shortly after I am home, maybe the Bilsteins first though.

Franken Mag.JPG
I just got the “Thank you for your business!” paper floor mat out of the passenger foot well and laid on that. 5.0 oil filter was super easy to access. Took seconds to apply before the 600 miles home.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got the “Thank you for your business!” paper floor mat out of the passenger foot well and laid on that. 5.0 oil filter was super easy to access. Took seconds to apply before the 600 miles home.
HA! Good thinking, I never even thought of that. I'll still bring a sheet just in case. :)

The PB will take a little more fiddling though.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4

Franken Mag.JPG
What magnets are you using?

The only ones I'm coming across are $100 or so on amazon and up to $200 elsewhere.

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Last edited:

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
How much did that run you?
$400 plus a family day trip to Orlando to meet the seller (which cost as much or more than the running boards...lol)

I actually love them and they are probably the best thing I've added to the truck so far. (Ok may be tied with the line-x)

I've seen them new for $900 or so, and I found plenty of raptor ones (same running boards, they just say Raptor instead of Ford) for around $400 shipped, so probably not a great deal, but worth it imo. Gonna sell my old ones or give them to my son-in-law.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Full set of TuxMats. I considered Weathertech HP and Maxpider 3D but decided on something a little different. Almost a perfect off-black shade match to the off-black Lariat Sport interior. They come with all kinds of clips but I let them get good and hot out in the 90 degree sun on concrete and they laid in nicely. I'll give it a few weeks and see if any clips are needed. They do cover more than any mats I looked at and so far I'm pretty impressed. Foam layer inside is supposed to also provide some sound deadening, not that I felt it needs it. Got to me in MI from Canada in just 3 days, right around $210 shipped for the set.
Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ 20220624_195210

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ 20220624_195537

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ 20220624_195545

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? 🙋🏻‍♂️ 20220624_195154

Last edited:

Sponsored

hussar1683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB (on order)
After missing the 2022 order cutoff and not wanting to wait until February...or July next year if I ordered a 2023, I ended up getting lucky with a truck on a dealer lot. It was 95% or so what I would have e ordered...some extra stuff, one missing item: tailgate step. I used the one on my 2020 maybe 8 times in two years so not a big deal. Just in case though I installed the aftermarket $20 version.
20220622_194600.jpg

20220622_194720.jpg
Now I feel really stupid for paying $1,000 for the bed utility package just get the step and the bed light. Can’t stand that stupid power tailgate that comes with it as a package.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Now I feel really stupid for paying $1,000 for the bed utility package just get the step and the bed light. Can’t stand that stupid power tailgate that comes with it as a package.
I don't think most people get any use out of those inexplicably locking Boxlink cleats either. I think I paid $25 for a set of 4 still in the blister pack. There are dozens if not hundreds of sets on Ebay.

I do like them but they are a strange design.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Lol, I may be among the few that loves the fully powered tailgate. It's a big reason I 'upgraded' from an XLT 302A to a Lariat 500A.

I'm a solo traveller, whenever I hitch my 5th-wheel trailer I must lower the tailgate, back partway under the trailer, then raise the tailgate before backing to the hitch position (and the same in reverse when unhitching). Being able to raise and lower the tailgate from the driver's seat (and see it with the bed-cam) is a very welcome step-saver!

(my 21 ft Escape 5th wheel is 'close-coupled' to my truck, the lowered tailgate doesn't 'clear' the front of the trailer when hitched)

Last edited:

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
Also ordered a bottle of touch up paint. Detailing my truck the other day and noticed a rock chip on front bumper. I may have to look at getting some sort of protective coating on the front of truck. My 2014 has chrome bumpers and don't have issues with chips like this.
Sponsored