Sponsored

What did SOMEONE ELSE do TO YOUR F-150 today?

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Rear ended me. Apparently the front bumper of a 2002 Chevy Tracker is tougher than that of a truck that can tow 11,600 pounds.
Looks like he hit me with the corner of his bumper, hence the damage.

Ford F-150 What did SOMEONE ELSE do TO YOUR F-150 today? 1
Ford F-150 What did SOMEONE ELSE do TO YOUR F-150 today? 2
Ford F-150 What did SOMEONE ELSE do TO YOUR F-150 today? 3

I thought the bumper itself was damaged too, but after taking another "relaxed" look it seems like it still straight. I also measured where the red arrow is on both sides and it is identical.

Ford F-150 What did SOMEONE ELSE do TO YOUR F-150 today? 4

Not sure what this is though, if it is part of the bumper cover that needs to be replaced of the bumper itself:

Ford F-150 What did SOMEONE ELSE do TO YOUR F-150 today? 5
Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
that bites....on the bright side...time for Tremor bumper and new rear exit exhaust LOL

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL
I am sorry this happened to you but awesome thread title.

z-man

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I am sorry this happened to you but awesome thread title.
"What did SOMEONE ELSE did TO YOUR F-150 today?"
should it not be "What did SOMEONE ELSE do TO YOUR F-150 today?"

Sponsored

z-man

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Sorry, that happened to you. The guy was totally anticipating you pulling out. You changed the title. :)

Reactions: sbi

22stx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 STX
Occupation
Truck driver
Somebody wasn't paying attention and assuming you took off. Hopefully won't take long to get it fixed.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The guy was totally anticipating you pulling out.
He still should have looked. It wasn't clear if the next vehicle was still crossing the intersection or stopping. He had better view of it from his position and assumed I was already gone.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Somebody wasn't paying attention and assuming you took off. Hopefully won't take long to get it fixed.
Exactly.

The truck is fine, surprisingly all sensors work, including the rear parking one that was near the hit spot. The only issue is that the tailgate is resting on the bumper cover when I open it. I also had to cut a piece of the black plastic for it to open. We pulled it out with a strap attached to another truck, it went straight back to where it is now 😉

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
He still should have looked. It wasn't clear if the next vehicle was still crossing the intersection or stopping. He had better view of it from his position and assumed I was already gone.
Whenever you are in this situation out on the road, you have to, have to, make sure the person in front of you is gone before you turn to look at the road. They could stop for any one of a thousand reasons and this happens.

Sponsored

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
At first I was like not another damn thread with 1000+ posts. Then I read the first post and now I'm like "part out?"

That sucks. Any idea what in total was damaged and the estimate? You thinking about going with the same bumper and all that?

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At first I was like not another damn thread with 1000+ posts. Then I read the first post and now I'm like "part out?"

That sucks. Any idea what in total was damaged and the estimate? You thinking about going with the same bumper and all that?
Looks like just the bumper cover + some plastic clips, I don't think the bumper itself has any damage. Didn't have any estimate yet, waiting for the other guy's insurance company to call me tomorrow. I already filed with mine but might go with his to avoid the deductible and then wait for them to chase it.
TBH, not even sure what options I have for a different bumper, this issue never came up in my "mod" mind and I don't think I want to spend anything out of pocket.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I was rear ended years ago by someone that "saw my brake lights but didn't think I was stopping."
Hitch and bumper assembly had to all be replaced as one unit even though bumper damage was not that bad similar to yours.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat FX4 2022 Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Retired FDNY
This happened to me about 2 trucks ago. Stopped at a red light and get rear ended by a relic Ford Ranger. Guy was a complete A-hole. "I'm sorry man, but my brakes don't work good"
My truck was 2 weeks old.
On the bright side it's an easy fix. Make sure the hitch assembly isn't bent. Go through insurance. You'll be surprised when you see the bill. LOL

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
Rear ended me. Apparently the front bumper of a 2002 Chevy Tracker is tougher than that of a truck that can tow 11,600 pounds.
Looks like he hit me with the corner of his bumper, hence the damage.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I thought the bumper itself was damaged too, but after taking another "relaxed" look it seems like it still straight. I also measured where the red arrow is on both sides and it is identical.

4.jpg

Not sure what this is though, if it is part of the bumper cover that needs to be replaced of the bumper itself:

5.jpg
😭
Sponsored