• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Color are you ordering for your F-150 Lightning?

• Total voters

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
But if you do that, what color will you get to start with? I'm guessing white is a better choice for color change wrap.
Maybe iced blue, maybe carbonized gray.
Sponsored

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
Going with Iced Blue Silver for the exclusivity to the Lightning, with all the F-150's on the road this color will subtilty stand out amongst them.

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
I don't really like any of the colors. The blues stand out the most, but we owned a dark blue metallic car before and it showed scratches and swirls so much I wouldn't want to have that again. I hate washing cars. Atlas Blue looks really good on a clean car.

Black gets too hot and also scratches and dirt stand out.

Oxford white looks too much like a commercial vehicle.

Silver is what my mother would choose, though it's easy to care for.

The magnetic grey on my Transit shows scratches but dirt hides reasonably well and it looks sharp. But I don't like the grey options here as much as magnetic. Have seen stone grey in person and thought that brownish tint is meh. Carbonized grey isn't bad.

Star white looks better than I expected in person. However it isn't all that brilliant unless the sun is out.

That leaves rapid red. My favorite color is red (but bright red, not this burgundy-ish stuff) and my GTI was Tornado Red and was relatively easy to maintain. Hoping Rapid Red isn't too bad.

I've seen a rapid red f150 with black rims in town and it looks good in the sun. I think it's too dark when it's not sunny, which here in the PNW is most of the year. Oh well.

I haven't ask the wife her opinion though :)
EDIT: she likes the red the best as well. We have a winner.

EDIT2: wondering about interior colors. Whatever hides our sandstone mud the best.

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Going with Iced Blue Silver for the exclusivity to the Lightning, with all the F-150's on the road this color will subtilty stand out amongst them.
Ice Blue Silver is no longer exclusive to Lightning. 2022 Mustang Mach-E will get it as the new color.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ice Blue Silver is no longer exclusive to Lightning. 2022 Mustang Mach-E will get it as the new color.
I had Ice Blue Silver as a second choice color (first choice was Stone gray) - would love to see an exclusive color for just the Lightning....

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had Ice Blue Silver as a second choice color (first choice was Stone gray) - would love to see an exclusive color for just the Lightning....
I'm sticking with Ice Blue Silver, even if it's not exclusive.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s just what Mach-E needs. Another version of silver.
They also get Grabber Blue and Cyber Orange, without springing for a GT.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Ok originally I voted Antimatter Blue. However that was before I attended the Daytona event and rode in the Antimatter Blue Pro. Even in full sun it looks black, I had to strain to see blue looking down the hood. I know how hot my wifes black Equinox gets in the South Florida sun. Now I'm leaning towards one of the lighter silvers or grey probably Iced Blue Silver.

ZDog

First Name
Jac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70
Occupation
Retired
Ok originally I voted Antimatter Blue. However that was before I attended the Daytona event and rode in the Antimatter Blue Pro. Even in full sun it looks black, I had to strain to see blue looking down the hood. I know how hot my wifes black Equinox gets in the South Florida sun. Now I'm leaning towards one of the lighter silvers or grey probably Iced Blue Silver.
I took a ride over to the local Ford dealer to look a second time at an Antimatter Blue car out in the sun to confirm what color I’m leaning toward. Kiggulak is right - it looks black, but it does have a distinct and intense blue metallic effect when you are up close and catch the sunlight reflection. in shade and at night it will look like a black truck. I understand why this might not be a good choice if you live in a hot region. I like it and it’s still my first choice.

Sponsored

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
To each his own but IMO, some of these colors seem a bit generic or overused. I’d like to see an orange or something brighter, I think it would contrast nicely with some black bits and pieces…or maybe it’s already on offer. I’ll need Shutterbug here to fill me in

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
To each his own but IMO, some of these colors seem a bit generic or overused. I’d like to see an orange or something brighter, I think it would contrast nicely with some black bits and pieces…or maybe it’s already on offer. I’ll need Shutterbug here to fill me in
By law a shade of green should be offered for every EV. Too few colors on the market today.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
By law a shade of green should be offered for every EV. Too few colors on the market today.
Ford is going to offer a great green (Eruption Green) on the 2022 Mustangs. Since I am likely looking at a 2023 anyways, I am hoping they offer it then.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure how I can help, but most of Ford's colors are bland and generic and are on the monochrome scale between black and white. I also have well honed prejudices:
  • Black is for people who want to wash their vehicle every day or like them always looking dirty
  • White cars are for old people - White trucks are for company owned vehicles
  • Silver, grays, greys, etc are for people who want to be lost in the crowd and don't want the vehicles to stand out
I do like Ice Blue Silver because it reminds me of Ice Blue that Ford offered in 2014 or so. When I got my C-Max, I was torn between Ice Blue and Candy Blue. Candy Blue won, but it was close. For a nice palette of colors, check out the colors available on Porsche Taycam. My favorites there are Frozen Blue and Neptune Blue, bat there others, and you can even have them mix up your own color. Only fair on $200K vehicle.

Anyway, my plan is to get Ice Blue Silver, and then consider wrapping the bottom of the cab in some sort of medium blue glossy.

I also looked through color choices for other pickups, and outside of Toyota, they're pretty sad.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
I agree completely, but I suppose being conservative with the color palette appeals to a broader range of people.

Not sure how I can help, but most of Ford's colors are bland and generic and are on the monochrome scale between black and white. I also have well honed prejudices:
  • Black is for people who want to wash their vehicle every day or like them always looking dirty
  • White cars are for old people - White trucks are for company owned vehicles
  • Silver, grays, greys, etc are for people who want to be lost in the crowd and don't want the vehicles to stand out
I do like Ice Blue Silver because it reminds me of Ice Blue that Ford offered in 2014 or so. When I got my C-Max, I was torn between Ice Blue and Candy Blue. Candy Blue won, but it was close. For a nice palette of colors, check out the colors available on Porsche Taycam. My favorites there are Frozen Blue and Neptune Blue, bat there others, and you can even have them mix up your own color. Only fair on $200K vehicle.
Where do the bright colors fit in your classification system (I do like white, which is fitting b/c I feel old). Does Ford do custom colors? How much would that type of thing cost on a truck (I suppose it depends on the color)?
Sponsored