• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Color are you ordering for your F-150 Lightning?

• Total voters

ColeMaynard

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy cruze
When I see Oxford White I think municipal work truck. Checked out Star White?
I'm having a hard time spotting the difference online. I'd like to go into a Ford dealership and see if there are any actual vehicles on display or some samples or something with the differing colors.
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I think I'll go for the Oxford White. I've only bought white cars for years, because I live in sunny Phoenix AZ. I was always told that white holds up the best against the sun. And I haven't had to repaint my ten year old white car. Is that a common opinion?
If you park in the garage and have covered parking at work, pretty much any color on a modern car will hold up well. I think the big advantage of a light color (especially in Phoenix) is heat rejection. If you only park in the sun, pretty much every color will begin to fade after 10 years.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I'm having a hard time spotting the difference online. I'd like to go into a Ford dealership and see if there are any actual vehicles on display or some samples or something with the differing colors.
Metallic flake version. See the 2022 Ice White Mustang Mach-E package, which uses Star for the body and Oxford for badging/moldings. I feel its that more "EV" color over the Oxford.

TES0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F-150 Lightning Pro
I currently have an Alto Blue Hybrid Ford Maverick on order which will be a good temp vehicle until my Lightning Pro is ready in a couple of years (or if no new EV credit is passed, I’ll just be sticking with the Maverick). With that in mind I’ll probably go Antimatter Blue if I really like the Alto Blue on the Maverick, otherwise I’ll go with the Rapid Red. Iced Blue Silver is intriguing but I’m not a big silver fan in general.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Are any of these colors "Premium" and additional cost? I want the Rapid Red and am willing to pay a slight premium for it but not $2000 like a Tesla. I'd imagine it'd be similar to the ICE F150's if anyone has experience with that?

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Are any of these colors "Premium" and additional cost? I want the Rapid Red and am willing to pay a slight premium for it but not $2000 like a Tesla. I'd imagine it'd be similar to the ICE F150's if anyone has experience with that?
I would expect it will be similar to the ICE F150 and Mach-e. Rapid red is a premium color but around $600

TES0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F-150 Lightning Pro
Rapid Red is $395 for the ICE F-150s, so I'm 99% that's around where it'll land.

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
Star white will likely be a $595 premium, as with the ICE F-150

McHeel88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E; Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Chief Financial Officer
See, I am opposite here. To meet it looks very similar to iconic silver and not nearly blue enough. Would have loved a baby blue truck!
As a University of North Carolina alum, I’m hoping it has that “baby” blue look. Plus, I think Iced Blue Silver will make the blue accent tints on the badges pop on the outside of the truck.

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
Did they have guard green as a color option in the survey?

Sponsored

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
So I got to see the Lightning today at the Boston event. Atlas Blue is nice but I think it might be a bit too bright for me.

I stopped by a dealer to see Smoked Quartz and wow, I love that color. If it's available for the Lightning I would definitely go with that. Otherwise it's Antimatter Blue but since I'm likely gonna end up in a 2023, there might be other colors to consider.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Here's a good picture of the Antimatter Blue on a Pro. I personally am not a fan, but I know alot of others are. I just deal with too many scratches.
Ford F-150 Lightning What color F-150 Lightning are you ordering? Screenshot_20211011-232718_Gallery

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
Here's a good picture of the Antimatter Blue on a Pro. I personally am not a fan, but I know alot of others are. I just deal with too many scratches.
Screenshot_20211011-232718_Gallery.jpg
Ever time I see AMB in person I talk myself out of it bc it's basically black. But then I I'm reminded of the blue sparkle and I start to consider it again. I'm really not sure what I'll choose if Quartz is not an option.
Sponsored