• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Color are you ordering for your F-150 Lightning?

• Total voters

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Where do the bright colors fit in your classification system (I do like white, which is fitting b/c I feel old). Does Ford do custom colors? How much would that type of thing cost on a truck (I suppose it depends on the color)?
I love bright colors. I generally prefer blue, but would certainly consider Cyber Orange if it was available.

I don't think that Ford does custom colors. On the Taycam, truly custom color would run $22K. Again, that car could run upward of $200K. I suppose you could have it repainted, but I suspect, It would cost a lot for a quality job (over $10K?)
Sponsored

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
I love bright colors. I generally prefer blue, but would certainly consider Cyber Orange if it was available.

I don't think that Ford does custom colors. On the Taycam, truly custom color would run $22K. Again, that car could run upward of $200K. I suppose you could have it repainted, but I suspect, It would cost a lot for a quality job (over $10K?)
Apparently there is a ‘Code Orange’ exclusive to the Raptor but even that seems muted to me. 10k is too rich for my blood but I personally like this and would consider having it done at a more economical price (although it would show all manner of dust and dirt pretty quickly I imagine ). Interestingly the caption on the picture said ‘Factory painted’.

edit: upon further reflection it does look like a giant pumpkin, but even still…

Ford F-150 Lightning What color F-150 Lightning are you ordering? 1632969460127

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
edit: upon further reflection it does look like a giant pumpkin, but even still…

1632969460127.jpeg
LOL, indeed. I'm personally drawn to the bright colors too, but I really don't want the attention so I usually opt for something a bit more "normal." But I bet there are a lot of lightning buyers out there who want to flaunt their stuff and it would be cool to see some wild colors out on the street.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Energy Engineer
Ok guys, what about INTERIOR color? Im usually drawn to lighter color interiors, so I want to like the Baja Tan... But it looks too much mustard to me, too saturated. Might have to find one to see in person before ordering.

Also, obviously, will be interesting to see what's even available. Think the two-tone will remain for the lariat?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ok guys, what about INTERIOR color? Im usually drawn to lighter color interiors, so I want to like the Baja Tan... But it looks too much mustard to me, too saturated. Might have to find one to see in person before ordering.

Also, obviously, will be interesting to see what's even available. Think the two-tone will remain for the lariat?
I would love a non black/grey interior, but I suspect that Ford will limit the options to make production easier.

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
For Interior I prefer darkest color possible. Lite colors require to much work to keep looking clean.

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus

I would love a baja tan leather option. I dont know how it would look with the base vinyl seats however. If I stick with the vinyl , I hope they black or dark grey rather than the light grey that has been seen in videos. I will most likely get seat covers and what not

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I would love a baja tan leather option. I dont know how it would look with the base vinyl seats however. If I stick with the vinyl , I hope they black or dark grey rather than the light grey that has been seen in videos. I will most likely get seat covers and what not
Agree - Tan is a great color (current Honda PHEV) but I would actually prefer ivory if possible (like my Merc) - since I'm not in a rural or farm setting,

Hate the black / dark gray interiors - too mundane and too common. Plus it's way too hot for me in sizzing So Cal!

Seat covers may be the way to go!

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think tan and ivory lend a certain degree of luxury to the interior; my wife has the former in her moss green Nightfall Edition Telluride and it looks stunning. Not sure if Ford offers it, and I have no experience with it personally, but vegan leather apparently has stain resistant properties that might make lighter colors more appealing (it’s less porous than traditional leather and therefore easier to clean/less prone to absorbing sweat, dirt, and whatever else. I’m sure there are drawbacks, maybe someone could chime in).

Last edited:

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

What exterior color would you pair it with? I think getting those synched together makes a difference.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
What exterior color would you pair it with? I think getting those synched together makes a difference.
Tan interior with Rapid red would be quite nice

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Energy Engineer
I was thinking star white and Baja tan. It would look good with red too.

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
What is this color? My guess is star white. Looks like it has a little extra sheen to it. I like the white and lariat look. Star white is my current favorite!

Ford F-150 Lightning What color F-150 Lightning are you ordering? lightningairstream.PNG

ColeMaynard

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy cruze
I think I'll go for the Oxford White. I've only bought white cars for years, because I live in sunny Phoenix AZ. I was always told that white holds up the best against the sun. And I haven't had to repaint my ten year old white car. Is that a common opinion?

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I think I'll go for the Oxford White. I've only bought white cars for years, because I live in sunny Phoenix AZ. I was always told that white holds up the best against the sun. And I haven't had to repaint my ten year old white car. Is that a common opinion?
When I see Oxford White I think municipal work truck. Checked out Star White?
Sponsored