• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Color are you ordering for your F-150 Lightning?

• Total voters

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Not to offend anybody, but I think the iced blue silver is awful. I don't know why - maybe it looks confused between silver or baby blue,
This is what worries me about the color having not seen it with my own eyes. The pictures I’ve seen of it looks like it’s overall very similar to Iconic Silver, but has a more satin look to the metallic flake and it seems to be a pearl-coat that shows a blue tint in the shade or at off angles. I don’t know if I’m brave enough to order this color without seeing it in person.

Antimatter blue is my second choice. Our Bronco Sport is Alto Blue, which is nearly the exact same color. It’s a different paint code, but I’ve had it next to an Antimatter F-150 and no one can really tell the difference, it’s very subtle if there is one. We really like it. Now the Antimatter Blue truck at the Lightning Tour event shows us that you have to care for this color as you would glossy black. They have kept it clean, but the swirl marks in the paint from whatever they’re doing to wash it were jarring to say the least. The sun would hit it and the blue would pop with a spiderweb of clear coat scratches and swirls.

I’m also considering carbonized grey or iconic silver. Atlas blue is very nice seeing it in person, but I don’t want that bright of a blue. Carbonized grey is just OK to me. I liked the previous dark grey (Magnetic) much better.

Wish they had Leadfoot. Or Cactus Grey from the Bronco and other lines — this is called Fighter Jet Grey on the Mustang.

Stone Grey has been on the Super Duty and others in the past. It’s a nice color. It really pops in the sun too, sort of a titanium grey and then shines gold In the right light. I liked it a lot as the accent color on some of the Super Duty color schemes more so than the full color of the truck.

anyway, I’m rambling…. All of the Lightning colors can be easily seen with other vehicles on the road now. Except iced blue silver.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
My wife would agree with you. I kind of like it, but she is convinced it looks too much like baby blue. I would like to see it in person. It is exclusive to the Lightning and I didn't see the color at the Tour.
See, I am opposite here. To meet it looks very similar to iconic silver and not nearly blue enough. Would have loved a baby blue truck!

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I might get it wrapped in a cool color. The offerings are kind of boring.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Got a white 2021 PB so I’m going with the silver Pro

Sponsored

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Definitely Iced Blue Silver. Unique for the Lightning and that slight blue hue looks great to me with the black Pro wheels. I can't do dark cars anymore with all the sand and dust and sun
That being said I would like the Cactus Gray color from the Bronco. That and the tan color from the Toyota trucks are two of my favorites

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Definitely Iced Blue Silver. Unique for the Lightning and that slight blue hue looks great to me with the black Pro wheels. I can't do dark cars anymore with all the sand and dust and sun
That being said I would like the Cactus Gray color from the Bronco. That and the tan color from the Toyota trucks are two of my favorites
Will have to take a look at the iced blue silver - as I prefer light colors as well due to the year round heat & sun!

Also nice to have a color unique to the Lightning too!

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I might get it wrapped in a cool color. The offerings are kind of boring.
But if you do that, what color will you get to start with? I'm guessing white is a better choice for color change wrap.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Personally I hope that everyone rejects Ice Blue Silver. That way, mine will be totally unique.;)

I would have preferred Ice Blue (more blue - less silver) that Ford had about 10 years ago.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Ford should build a pre-production version in each of the colours then line them up and make a video comparing them. Also line them up so it goes lightest to darkest (so all the silvers are together and black/antimatter blue is together).
Doing this would probably immensely help people select a colour when they can't see it in person.

Personally I will probably get the carbonized grey as it looks great in pictures.
I really like the anti-matter blue but I would never buy a black or very dark colour as it is hard to keep it clean looking and impossible to keep all the swirl marks/fine scratches off it, especially being a truck.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Ford should build a pre-production version in each of the colours then line them up and make a video comparing them. Also line them up so it goes lightest to darkest (so all the silvers are together and black/antimatter blue is together).
Doing this would probably immensely help people select a colour when they can't see it in person.

Personally I will probably get the carbonized grey as it looks great in pictures.
I really like the anti-matter blue but I would never buy a black or very dark colour as it is hard to keep it clean looking and impossible to keep all the swirl marks/fine scratches off it, especially being a truck.
You can see every color except the Ice Blue Silver on an ICE F-150

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
Rapid Red. My current truck is Ruby Red Metallic. Went to the lot looking for a blue truck when I saw the red and fell in love with the color. Rapid red is very similar to ruby.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 XLT Sport Powerboost
Occupation
Energy
I would do antimatter blue.
I bought my wife’s Hybrid F-150 a little too early.
But since I have the Mustang Mach E I guess it’s best to keep some combustion in our household…
For now… ?

ZDog

First Name
Jac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70
Occupation
Retired

I stopped at my local dealer a few days ago just to try to find Lightning colors on other models outside and happened to find an Agate Black car parked next to an Antimatter Blue one. It was pretty cloudy and neither car was freshly washed, but both look black, although the Antimatter Blue looks less intensely black than the Agate Black color if you stand back and compare. However, if you get up close to the Antimatter Blue you definitely see metallic flakes reflecting blue. It is pretty subtle but I think it’s a cool paint. My current first choice for my Lightning is Antimatter Blue.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
To me carbonized gray and leadfoot look almost the same.. or am I off on that?

I’m not sure about in person, but if you build out an ICE 150 on the site they are pretty different. I’d say lead foot is more matte and carbonized gray is more metallic.
Sponsored