• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Color are you ordering for your F-150 Lightning?

• Total voters

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I'll drive any color vehicle as long as it's silver, lol. I've owned every color car there is, and nothing stays relatively clean looking longer than silver. (I'll never own another black car.) Iconic silver is my first choice, but I could be swayed to iced blue silver.
Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I'm also going with with an Iconic Silver as I have loved it on my vehicles. But I must admit that I love the Atlas Blue having seen it in person at the Tour. My biggest worry about it is that after a few years scratches will be easy to spot. Does anyone have an Atlas Blue and found this to be the case? My silver vehicles not only look clean longer, but scratches aren't as noticeable.

On the other hand, it would be a lot easier to find my truck in the parking lot if it was Atlas Blue.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I usually get boring colors (White mostly for dirt and scratches), I think this time I'm going to get Iced Blue Silver. Has anyone seen this in person, if so how does it compare to the colorizer on Ford's site?

Sponsored

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
Not to offend anybody, but I think the iced blue silver is awful. I don't know why - maybe it looks confused between silver or baby blue, maybe it's trying too hard to be an EV. One thing I really like about the Lightning is it's not trying overly hard to be futuristic, or extra green, or even make a statement really. I want an EV, not attention. It's full of utility and fun and that's attractive to me, but I'm an introvert. Give me a regular looking vehicle that happens to be electric!

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
Leaning toward Carbonized Gray but wishing Leadfoot was available. I’m definitely not getting one until 2023 so here is to hoping more colors drop.

Also hoping there is a way to customize the wheels ordering. Would really prefer black… I’m not as hopeful here and I’m skeptical of aftermarket wheels on this model. Is that a dumb thought?

Last edited:

Sponsored

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
Also hoping there is a way to customize the wheels ordering. Would really prefer black… I’m not as hopeful here and I’m skeptical of aftermarket wheels on this model. Is that a dumb thought?
I was thinking the same thing. I'm too cheap to buy aftermarket, and I'd be worried about cheap aftermarket wheels shattering just at the thought of a Michigan pot hole. I'm looking at an XLT, can't afford much more, and the 20" black wheels look way better than the 18" ones that come from the Pro (IMO). According to the "leaked" pricing and options chart those will only be available on the XLT + though, which is really stretching my budget.

My guess - Ford will probably pigeon-hole the wheels to specific trims. There seem to be far fewer options on the Lightning than the ICE F-150 since a lot of the technology stuff is included as standard on all trims, like the bigger screen, etc. They need something to entice you up into the next trim.

We'll see though. I'm crossing my fingers along with you.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
White is not a color choice for me as I drive a state government exempt vehicle in white all day long....
When people see the vehicles in my lab, they often ask if white is my favorite color...I tell them my favorite color is whatever I can get the fastest (dealer lots typically have these types of vehicles in white) or whatever is the cheapest (our Tesla Model 3 is black).

My personal Lighting will be red... the color designation of my last combat unit and my last three trucks.

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
Leaning toward Carbonized Gray but wishing Leadfoot was available. I’m definitely not getting one until 2023 so here is to hoping more colors drop.

To me carbonized gray and leadfoot look almost the same.. or am I off on that?

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Not to offend anybody, but I think the iced blue silver is awful. I don't know why - maybe it looks confused between silver or baby blue
My wife would agree with you. I kind of like it, but she is convinced it looks too much like baby blue. I would like to see it in person. It is exclusive to the Lightning and I didn't see the color at the Tour.

Villageidit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2008 Honda Element,
Occupation
Retired
Right now Rapid Red is my first choice. Last two trucks were blue and I need a change. Would like see Stone Gray and Iced Blue Silver in person. Would be happy with the Cactus Gray from the Bronco.
Sponsored