• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Color are you ordering for your F-150 Lightning?

• Total voters

Linuturk

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onitato.com
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Reservation
As others have stated in this thread, I highly recommend you drive by a Ford dealership and look at the colors in person. The ICE F-150 shares a lot of the same colors. It really helped me narrow down my choices and ruled out some of my previously favorite colors based on what I saw in person.
Sponsored

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
will the Iced Blue Silver won't look dirty easily? i am considering this although i voted stone gray due to not noticeable when grimed & also more of a subdued color. i got tired of stone gray already while just waiting....LOL i am now heavily considering IBS but worried it maybe too light to hide dirt. any help will be appreciated

OP
OP

MannyFrescoSC

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Really don’t like metallic colors so probably generic Oxford White (works well for PHX too.) Considered AMB and Atlas Blue, goal is to paint some bits including the “grill” and Oxford White might be too much.

If I had a choice of the entire F-150 palette, it would be Lead Foot, no question. Who do I talk to? Yeah, I wish…

UPDATE: Leaning towards Atlas Blue after watching this ⬇
I’m going to have to see it in person. This is too dark for my taste.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
will the Iced Blue Silver won't look dirty easily? i am considering this although i voted stone gray due to not noticeable when grimed & also more of a subdued color. i got tired of stone gray already while just waiting....LOL i am now heavily considering IBS but worried it maybe too light to hide dirt. any help will be appreciated
I usually go white or silver for this reason. I have a large dog and young kids, scratches are my other concern.

My current 2007 F-150 is White, I'm going Iced Blue Silver so I can still get something that hides dirt (better than dark colors) and also hides light scratches, but still has a little flair or fun in it.

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
is this lightning color iced blue or iconic silver?
Ford F-150 Lightning What color F-150 Lightning are you ordering? ford lightning color i like

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
is this lightning color iced blue or iconic silver?
ford lightning color i like.jpg
I am not 100% sure because the colors are very similar, but I believe that is iced blue silver. That said, this is a rendering which we know doesn't show the real colors.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
Iconic silver has been a great choice on my Mach E and draws more attention & compliments than I ever thought possible with an electric station wagon. Seems like the difference in the colors is Iconic has a distinct black flake and Iced Blue may replace this with blue. I'm going to need to see it in person because I fear iced blue may tend toward "1980's generic Honda blue" in certain light.

I'm thinking perhaps stone gray or atlas blue since we already have the iconic MME and a pearl white vehicle. I need to look up local inventory and go see the colors in person.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Hmmm...

Might be rethinking my color choice. I found this graphic online and think it would look really sharp down the side of the truck in blue (same as the badge highlighting) on iced blue silver.

Ford F-150 Lightning What color F-150 Lightning are you ordering? il_794xN.3201100264_puuw

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Hmmm...

Might be rethinking my color choice. I found this graphic online and think it would look really sharp down the side of the truck in blue (same as the badge highlighting) on iced blue silver.

il_794xN.3201100264_puuw.jpg
Truck needs to be green for that graphic

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
I would expect it will be similar to the ICE F150 and Mach-e. Rapid red is a premium color but around $600
Star White and Rapid Red are both premium colors. Price will come out in the Build/Price tool.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Bump. To avoid more threads...

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
Anyone know why Ford eliminated Iced Blue Silver for the 2023 Lightning? Seemed to be a popular color, maybe our sample size was too small in this poll…

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Anyone know why Ford eliminated Iced Blue Silver for the 2023 Lightning? Seemed to be a popular color, maybe our sample size was too small in this poll…
It is gone from the Mach-e lineup too. Maybe a supply issue? Or it got too expensive?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Atlas Blue and Iced Blue Silver are gone. Avalanche and Azure Grey Metallic are new.
Sponsored