Sponsored

What can I REALISTICALLY expect for mileage on 3.0L diesel.

OP
OP

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
Sales
Are you guys F@$king with me . Tell me those number are not real. Can someone do some had calculation. I have been on the fence which engine to order . I drive about 35 to 40 k a year so mpg is a top priority. I will be ordering it in the next couple of months. How long did you guy wait before it arrived from ordering .So all help would be appreciated
I’m at less than 2000 miles with level and 285/60R20 Ridge Grapplers but at 22.5 MPG not hand calculated. Roughly getting 21 city and 24-26 highway depending on speed and wind conditions. Hopefully it improves a mile or so once I get a few more miles on it. Many guys report 27-30 on stock trucks such as Cali stated above
Sponsored

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
How much bio diesel in the blend? Where I live now, you can get B20, B5, or B0 depending on where you buy. When I was living in Texas it was B5 or B0 everywhere (Texas is anti-biofuel).

in my 2007 Jeep CRD, B20 gets me better MPG (27) than B0 (25). Ford says the Power Stroke is OK with B20. What are y'all using?

OP
OP

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
How much bio diesel in the blend? Where I live now, you can get B20, B5, or B0 depending on where you buy. When I was living in Texas it was B5 or B0 everywhere (Texas is anti-biofuel).

in my 2007 Jeep CRD, B20 gets me better MPG (27) than B0 (25). Ford says the Power Stroke is OK with B20. What are y'all using?
Not sure on that one. I never use the B20. I just use ULSD that is the basic at the pump

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
I'm having a hard time not see why this is motor is not being ordered more . I see that people want more horsepower but does not see to pay off in the long run . This should be a bigger thing on the net but I can't barely get any info on this motor .I'm talking to the dealer Friday .

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
First tank hand calculated, 22.6 with mostly city driving running errands. I did 2 trips 60mi each On a 55mph 2 lane & was getting 28average on the dash lier. 2nd trip was with my new 305 KO2’s so I don’t think it affected mileage much? 300miles left to go on this 2nd tank of fuel. Very happy with my 3.0

Sponsored

OP
OP

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
I'm having a hard time not see why this is motor is not being ordered more . I see that people want more horsepower but does not see to pay off in the long run . This should be a bigger thing on the net but I can't barely get any info on this motor .I'm talking to the dealer Friday .
The 3.0 has plenty of get up and go in “Normal” mode. Has great passing acceleration also. Both increase a lot in “Sport” mode. Really, Really impressed and my previous truck was a 6.7L

OP
OP

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Thoughts on this gas vs diesel
I had a 7.3 and the numbers are better on this
Ive had a diesel for 14 years, 6.2 & 6.7, so not any current personal knowledge on gas. Just prefer diesel for mileage, warranty and towing even though I do very little of that anymore. At least anything heavy. Also prefer the longer engine life and warranty since I normally keep vehicles for 7-8 yrs. Would have never sold 6.7 but we downsized and it didn’t fit into my new garage but very happy with 3.0 and all the new technology

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
When I bought my first diesel, a 2.0 Jetta TDI, ULSD had just doubled in price and it looked like I would never re-coup my investment. Sold it after 3 years for 50% of my purchase price.

Now I have a Jeep WK 3.0 CRD (14 years old), and ULSD is cheaper than RUG here, so I have recovered my investment on that one.

The Jeep 3.0 turbo diesel gets about 27MPG average. My F-150 Powerboost is getting 22, and the 91 octane fuel costs more.

2 primary reasons I didn't buy the 3.0 Powerstroke:
1) my wife hates diesel
2) Propower 7.2kw is not an option for the diesel

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
Ive had a diesel for 14 years, 6.2 & 6.7, so not any current personal knowledge on gas. Just prefer diesel for mileage, warranty and towing even though I do very little of that anymore. At least anything heavy. Also prefer the longer engine life and warranty since I normally keep vehicles for 7-8 yrs. Would have never sold 6.7 but we downsized and it didn’t fit into my new garage but very happy with 3.0 and all the new technology

One step closer to getting a diesel. I not been able to own a vehicle more than 3 years from chevy to Subaru in the past 8 years .Prior to that I was able to keep a car/ truck for several years. They all seem to shit the bed about 120 k . I do my own maintenance and am pretty good about . Like you I won't be towing anything over 8k from time to time so no need for a
F-350 . 100k warranty is pretty good and thought of get a decent return on trade in has eluded me. That has not happened since I traded in my 7.3 14 years ago. Some sites to look at AAA. US Gov fuel price
Sponsored