• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What are your dealers saying about Lightning?

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
If this is true, then dealers will try to mark up the price of YOUR reservation and force you to either pay their extortion fee or give it up to someone else that will pay more than MSRP.

I don't like that idea at all - I hope Ford will allow dealers to order their own inventory (albeit very little) not to impact the reservation holders....
The issue with that is that you assume that there is a limit to greed.
Sponsored

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
If this is true, then dealers will try to mark up the price of YOUR reservation and force you to either pay their extortion fee or give it up to someone else that will pay more than MSRP.

I don't like that idea at all - I hope Ford will allow dealers to order their own inventory (albeit very little) not to impact the reservation holders....
I read an article the other day that Ford is clamping down on bogus orders to be used as dealer stock. They will do audits and match order names to final paperwork names. First offense is a hand slap, 2nd is a one month no orders, 3rd shit will hit the fan and 3 month no orders made longer. So dealers will not be able to pull any crap.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Most car salesmen operate on the principle of "never give a sucker an even break". Unfortunately, the country has an endless supply of people who see "Limited Availability" and think to themselves "Dealer Mark-up! — How can I lose?".

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I read an article the other day that Ford is clamping down on bogus orders to be used as dealer stock. They will do audits and match order names to final paperwork names. First offense is a hand slap, 2nd is a one month no orders, 3rd shit will hit the fan and 3 month no orders made longer. So dealers will not be able to pull any crap.
These are not "bogus" orders per se, rather an unethical (in my view) dealer practice of forcing a legit customer to abandon an order due to what I would term predatory practices.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Does this mean there are Ford management or owners reserving a truck for themselves and then reselling them at a profit ?

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
While recently looking for my wife a new car i had a dealership offer me a "deal" for $64,000 on a $42,000 sticker hyundai palisade... all while two other dealerships were selling at msrp.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
My dealership made an interesting comment, he stated; ”Soon dealership will be a thing of the past, dealerships will become nothing more than a service center and a place to pick up your order”. Folks on this forum know more about what Ford is doing than the dealerships do.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
While recently looking for my wife a new car i had a dealership offer me a "deal" for $64,000 on a $42,000 sticker hyundai palisade... all while two other dealerships were selling at msrp.
In such case the answer should be:

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I am curious 1. If we can order Pro at the beginning. 2. How much would dealer mark up.

Also I hope the tax bill would pass at the time.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The problem for dealers wanting to add a market adjustment to the Lightning will be that most already have a truck and at that point they’ll just walk.
I personally will be very upset as I am not willing to pay markup, I don't currently own a pickup, and I am not going to buy a new pickup.
Also I honestly want to be one of the first people to own one of these to show people how awesome that it is.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I am curious 1. If we can order Pro at the beginning. 2. How much would dealer mark up.

Also I hope the tax bill would pass at the time.
1) Ford has said the Pro will be available at launch.
2) we've all been discussing markup and the concensus seems to be find a dealer near you that has not been marking up mme and bronco

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
My dealership made an interesting comment, he stated; ”Soon dealership will be a thing of the past, dealerships will become nothing more than a service center and a place to pick up your order”. Folks on this forum know more about what Ford is doing than the dealerships do.
I certainly hope so however the dealership groups have a massive amount of money for political lobbying. In many states they have managed to make it illegal for a manufacturer to sell directly. As long as you are forced to purchase from a franchise dealership then the dealership will be the entity who sets the price.
I don't see them losing their stranglehold on the market anytime soon as they are too profitable.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I certainly hope so however the dealership groups have a massive amount of money for political lobbying. In many states they have managed to make it illegal for a manufacturer to sell directly. As long as you are forced to purchase from a franchise dealership then the dealership will be the entity who sets the price.
I don't see them losing their stranglehold on the market anytime soon as they are too profitable.
As much as I like to make fun of Tesla, I thought that it was brilliant when they contracted with a New Mexico tribe to open a store and service center. It allowed them to skirt the New Mexican laws that protected traditional dealerships.

It would be a model for Rivian, Lucid, etc., across the country.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
As much as I like to make fun of Tesla, I thought that it was brilliant when they contracted with a New Mexico tribe to open a store and service center. It allowed them to skirt the New Mexican laws that protected traditional dealerships.

It would be a model for Rivian, Lucid, etc., across the country.
I hadn't heard that but it's pretty clever and hopefully beneficial to the tribal members as well
Sponsored