Sponsored

What are the heavier options to avoid to increase payload?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
i really want the step, but it looks like the lariat had no option for just the step?
Correct.

XL/XLT are either 1) basic or 2) work surface w/tail step

Lariat/KR/Plat are either 1) basic or 2) work surface w/tail step w/powerlift

Limited is work surface w/tail step w/powerlift
Sponsored

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Limited 1500
Occupation
Product Designer
Correct.

XL/XLT are either 1) basic or 2) work surface w/tail step

Lariat/KR/Plat are either 1) basic or 2) work surface w/tail step w/powerlift

Limited is work surface w/tail step w/powerlift
Too bad, I really want that step but w/o the powerlift :(

Lucidkevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 f-350
My main goal for moving from my 2016 to the new 2021 was to increase payload. The 16 was a Sport, 302 crew with a short box, 20’s and no max tow. An abysmal 1310 pounds. Less than my wife’s explorer. Less than my friends minivan. (That’s embarrassing...) Family of 4 with teenagers, some camping gear, cooler, etc and a large pop up tongue weight and I’m sure I was pushing the limit on payload.

new 21 XLT 302, 3.5 and longer box and max tow and I’m up to 1836. Rides better, quieter and other than leather seats would have been considered “loaded” vehicle just a few years ago with all the options. The upper trim levels were tempting with all the cool options but I never saw anything that I had to have and was willing to give up payload for. But, I also wasn’t willing to go down from the 302 package to get the HDPP because I didn’t need that much payload and I wanted some luxury like adaptive cruise and the big screen and the sport.

All about priority's. I don’t think my choice is right for everyone but the great thing about Ford is they give us lots of options. Unfortunately, the only option they don’t give is loaded everything and high payload.
Is yours a power boost?