Sponsored

What’s going on here???

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Technically they do vent the engine compartment. I mean that compartment isn't sealed by any stretch of imagination.

However I doubt that there's enough airflow through that opening to be of any consequence. They're there though. So we can ponder :)
If your washer fluid reservoir is more than half empty it no longer acts as a heat sink and will risk overheat. I'd keep that thing full if I was running those non-vented badges.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Exactly! 🤣

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
By the way, looking from the inside it does look like it vents a decent amount, I thought it would be much more indirect

Ford F-150 What’s going on here??? BAFAE400-C783-464F-98BE-66D37CBC7368

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
Your comment proves a little theory I have.

*I know fender badges aren't the same as many of the features cancelled, many of them strongly desired by the buyer. I think this just goes back to the old adage: You can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but not all the people all the time.
I've been around these parts for some months now and I've gotta say I *love* your footnotes in many of your messages!

And your response here is bang on.

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Was passing the dealership on my way home and noticed they had a tremor now so stopped to look at it. Can any one explain what’s going on here and why a somewhat cool looking feature for the tremor is just a cheap piece of plastic? Especially the higher end version. And no they’re not just protective covers.

8F094DFC-A997-4C21-BC0F-C1A0D36758E5.jpeg

68BCB510-66BC-4B58-925E-EEC722F070EA.jpeg

2487E3AE-3172-4290-8AB5-8C9ADF52F157.jpeg

Not just Tremors, saw the same thing in XLT's at my dealer last Saturday, as well as some Lariats without exhaust tip.
Even without those missing parts, it still had $1500 Market Adjustment on the window...

Spooder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Electron Manufacturing
If you didn't get your badges, now you can. They know which VINs didn't get them. Reference the CSP number to your dealer. I'm going in today. Not expecting Ford to come through on this, I got some takeoff Lariat badges and added the Ikonic US flag in orange. Hopefully they will just give them to me and not make me take my mod off.

Ford F-150 What’s going on here??? CSP Badge Retrofit.JPG

Ford F-150 What’s going on here??? IMG_1145

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Might be perfect for those people that like to remove all the stickers and badges.

I kid.
If I were to repaint my truck today, the list of things to do would include a patch panel over the fender vents and filling the debossed F-150 type in the tailgate.

Technically they do vent the engine compartment...They're there though. So we can ponder :)
By the way, looking from the inside it does look like it vents a decent amount, I thought it would be much more indirect
There’s one way to find out if anyone wants to rig up a vane anemometer or pitot tube.

My guess is that its only function is to vent some of the pressure generated from the tires spinning at high speed and help equalize airflow for the air curtains to function as designed over a broader range of speeds:

Ford F-150 What’s going on here??? 3E3CB9FC-E728-4697-AFE3-111AB2ABBB5F

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
If I were to repaint my truck today, the list of things to do would include a patch panel over the fender vents and filling the debossed F-150 type in the tailgate.

There’s one way to find out if anyone wants to rig up a vane anemometer or pitot tube.

My guess is that its only function is to vent some of the pressure generated from the tires spinning at high speed and help equalize airflow for the air curtains to function as designed over a broader range of speeds:

3E3CB9FC-E728-4697-AFE3-111AB2ABBB5F.gif
Very interesting!

I actually have one of those meters at work but it’s old school vintage with a dial instead of a DRO

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
If you didn't get your badges, now you can. They know which VINs didn't get them. Reference the CSP number to your dealer. I'm going in today. Not expecting Ford to come through on this, I got some takeoff Lariat badges and added the Ikonic US flag in orange. Hopefully they will just give them to me and not make me take my mod off.

CSP Badge Retrofit.JPG

IMG_1145.jpg
If @Spooder or any other members are looking to get rid of your fake fender vents, I might be interested in them.
Sponsored