What’s going on here???

Noseygeo64

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 XLT Sport
Was passing the dealership on my way home and noticed they had a tremor now so stopped to look at it. Can any one explain what’s going on here and why a somewhat cool looking feature for the tremor is just a cheap piece of plastic? Especially the higher end version. And no they’re not just protective covers.

Ford F-150 What’s going on here??? 8F094DFC-A997-4C21-BC0F-C1A0D36758E5

Ford F-150 What’s going on here??? 68BCB510-66BC-4B58-925E-EEC722F070EA

Ford F-150 What’s going on here??? 2487E3AE-3172-4290-8AB5-8C9ADF52F157
Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
They have a shortage of the badges (I believe the company making them was caught dumping industrial waste or something to that affect).

Ford says they will send out the proper badges when they get them. Those are temporary.

OP
OP

Noseygeo64

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 XLT Sport
They have a shortage of the badges (I believe the company making them was caught dumping industrial waste or something to that affect).

Ford says they will send out the proper badges when they get them. Those are temporary.
Hopefully very quickly it looks horrible in person. I’d be frustrated with a $74k truck. I’ll be bummed if my 502 has this ugly thing

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
There are plenty of aftermarket badges you can get and many are a lot nicer than the stock ones.

Sponsored

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Hopefully very quickly it looks horrible in person. I’d be frustrated with a $74k truck. I’ll be bummed if my 502 has this ugly thing
In all honesty, as someone waiting for a Tremor, I'm ok with this. I'd rather wait for permanent badging than wait for modules for heated seats a la GM.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Your comment proves a little theory I have.

Many here complain and say they ford shouldn't cancel features and instead should offer to install later when supply is there. Or trucks should sit waiting on a part that isn't absolutely required for operation and safety (i.e. I believe for a while wheel liners were holding trucks up) And here we have someone is saying, from my interpretation, that putting in a cheaper substitute is unacceptable, even if they are going to replace it later.....AND ITS ONLY A FENDER BADGE!

I'm not picking on you in particular. My point is that no matter what Ford does, they can't win.

For me, and @Grafx36510 said the same above, I would rather have a cheap badge and have my truck than for it to be sitting in a field or lot somewhere waiting for it.

*I know fender badges aren't the same as many of the features cancelled, many of them strongly desired by the buyer. I think this just goes back to the old adage: You can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but not all the people all the time.

OP
OP

Noseygeo64

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 XLT Sport

Many here complain and say they ford shouldn't cancel features and instead should offer to install later when supply is there. Or trucks should sit waiting on a part that isn't absolutely required for operation and safety (i.e. I believe for a while wheel liners were holding trucks up) And here we have someone is saying, from my interpretation, that putting in a cheaper substitute is unacceptable, even if they are going to replace it later.....AND ITS ONLY A FENDER BADGE!

I'm not picking on you in particular. My point is that no matter what Ford does, they can't win.

For me, and @Grafx36510 said the same above, I would rather have a cheap badge and have my truck than for it to be sitting in a field or lot somewhere waiting for it.

*I know fender badges aren't the same as many of the features cancelled, many of them strongly desired by the buyer. I think this just goes back to the old adage: You can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but not all the people all the time.
On my original post I didn’t know about the shortage and replacement down the road so I 100% agree with you and would rather deal with it temporarily. This was just a shock to see in person. Just hopefully its quick temporary. And I’m also not giving up on my truck because of a steering wheel. Too many people are trying to push us MY23 guys to cancel our orders. I can’t wait for my truck!

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor

I'm waiting on Tremor too, and would be okay with a temp thing like that. I'm also one of those that will be taking off the two side stickers on the bed sides. And I am also bummed about no heated steering wheel...but currently I don't want another truck, so will have to just deal with it.

I think the quote above might have to be updated for our current state. I no longer think that it's possible to "please all the people, some of the time". I think in our current environtment it's impossible to please eveyone at any time. Just my two cents.

Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Was passing the dealership on my way home and noticed they had a tremor now so stopped to look at it. Can any one explain what’s going on here and why a somewhat cool looking feature for the tremor is just a cheap piece of plastic? Especially the higher end version. And no they’re not just protective covers.

8F094DFC-A997-4C21-BC0F-C1A0D36758E5.jpeg

68BCB510-66BC-4B58-925E-EEC722F070EA.jpeg

2487E3AE-3172-4290-8AB5-8C9ADF52F157.jpeg
From what I understand the original type vents are functional and play a parts in vent heat from engine compartment. The fact thats its plugged off like that in may not be too bad with winter coming but Id definately want the functional ones in place by Spring........

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
From what I understand the original type vents are functional and play a parts in vent heat from engine compartment. The fact thats its plugged off like that in may not be too bad with winter coming but Id definately want the functional ones in place by Spring........
But those vents aren't even open to the engine bay so probably don't do much at all (I just found this out too...lol).

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A

I believe the saying is “damned if you do, damned if you don’t”

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Understand how? Point to where they function in this picture.
Ford F-150 What’s going on here??? ford-48l-v8-engine-in-2021-f-150-to-feature-420-hp-137047_1

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Technically they do vent the engine compartment. I mean that compartment isn't sealed by any stretch of imagination.

However I doubt that there's enough airflow through that opening to be of any consequence. They're there though. So we can ponder :)
Sponsored