Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrician
I’m pissed I missed the sale price!
Yea, I was gonna wait a little longer to buy them but when I saw the sale I had to jump. Also. I was on the fence between 20” and 22” but the sale was only for the 22” so I went that route and I’m 100% glad i did! The 22” look perfect on 35s
Sponsored

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Man I hate bugging you guys.....but once last piece of advice.

Just got on Weld and saw they have buy 3 get 1 going on both the Stealth (milled) and and the Chasm (gloss, milled with milled lip). I want to make a move ASAP....

I am going with 18's but want them to be as close to stock as possible for MPG's and to protect the paint.

What should I get????? I assume 18X9 , 6X135, 20 offset....

Is that right? I know the stock Lariat wheels have 44 offset, and since 20 is the most offset they even offer, I assume that is best. Sorry I'm so dumb when it comes to wheels and tires, I've always just rolled with OEM's on every vehicle I have ever owned.

Also...any preference on Stealth vs. Chasm? What do you guys think would look better? If you think Chasm, would you go with milled lip or black lip (I'm going gloss black, milled for sure )?

OP
OP
SPARKY150

SPARKY150

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrician
Man I hate bugging you guys.....but once last piece of advice.

Just got on Weld and saw they have buy 3 get 1 going on both the Stealth (milled) and and the Chasm (gloss, milled with milled lip). I want to make a move ASAP....

I am going with 18's but want them to be as close to stock as possible for MPG's and to protect the paint.

What should I get????? I assume 18X9 , 6X135, 20 offset....

Is that right? I know the stock Lariat wheels have 44 offset, and since 20 is the most offset they even offer, I assume that is best. Sorry I'm so dumb when it comes to wheels and tires, I've always just rolled with OEM's on every vehicle I have ever owned.

Also...any preference on Stealth vs. Chasm? What do you guys think would look better? If you think Chasm, would you go with milled lip or black lip (I'm going gloss black, milled for sure )?
You are correct. That is the closest to stock spec wheel size you will get with the weld wheels. And wheel choice is very personal, but if it was me I would get the stealths. And I love a lot of milling, hints why I did the Cheyennes. But the stealths are a very good looking wheel!

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
You are correct. That is the closest to stock spec wheel size you will get with the weld wheels. And wheel choice is very personal, but if it was me I would get the stealths. And I love a lot of milling, hints why I did the Cheyennes. But the stealths are a very good looking wheel!
Thanks for the help @SPARKY150

I will be ordering tomorrow. For sure getting milled regardless….just want sure whether to get the “lip” milled

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Shoot....

I didn't read the sale right. It's just the Chasms (not the Stealths or Cheyennes) that are buy 3 get 1 free.

I still love the Chasms , so I'm going to pick some up before the sale ends. There are two versions. If I want to get the milled "lip" , I have to move up to 20's. The model with the black lip (still milling on the spokes..just the words and beads on the lip are black) are the only stock they have on the 18's. (see pics). Since I have chrome, I think the extra lip milling would look pretty cool and since this truck will be a pavement queen and never go off road, I just may go to the 20's.

Ford F-150 WELD OFF-ROAD WHEELS chasm-w103

Ford F-150 WELD OFF-ROAD WHEELS chasm-w143

Sponsored

OP
OP
SPARKY150

SPARKY150

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrician
Shoot....

I didn't read the sale right. It's just the Chasms (not the Stealths or Cheyennes) that are buy 3 get 1 free.

I still love the Chasms , so I'm going to pick some up before the sale ends. There are two versions. If I want to get the milled "lip" , I have to move up to 20's. The model with the black lip (still milling on the spokes..just the words and beads on the lip are black) are the only stock they have on the 18's. (see pics). Since I have chrome, I think the extra lip milling would look pretty cool and since this truck will be a pavement queen and never go off road, I just may go to the 20's.

chasm-w103.jpg

chasm-w143.jpg
Go 20s and get the milled lip! As you may be able to tell I like bigger flashier wheels. 20s is the smallest I would even consider for a truck that won’t do serious off-roading. My trucks has 22s and I am in the dirt up and down curbs, rocks and other stuff everyday for my job. You just have to be careful. I also have 35” tires to give me some more sidewall and a 12.5” wide tire on a 10” wide wheel to give the tire a slight bubble to protect the wheels.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
20's ordered! Chasm milled lip. Hopefully I get a truck sometime soon. I just found out I've been put on the infamous chip hold :(

@SPARKY150 Where did you get you lug nuts? Does Weld's require any particular kind? I'm going to try to find some black ones.

OP
OP
SPARKY150

SPARKY150

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrician
20's ordered! Chasm milled lip. Hopefully I get a truck sometime soon. I just found out I've been put on the infamous chip hold :(

@SPARKY150 Where did you get you lug nuts? Does Weld's require any particular kind? I'm going to try to find some black ones.
Congratulations on some amazing wheels! And I just have chrome gorilla keyed lug nuts. They require a special socket to take of so it’s more protected against theft. Any standard lug nut should work.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Weld actually credited me for a sale I missed out on by two weeks. Great service. I’m now officially in the Weld fan club. Here is mine with 20 inch Chasms
Ford F-150 WELD OFF-ROAD WHEELS 0E146FFC-1EC6-49B2-8667-A756FC6709C5

Ford F-150 WELD OFF-ROAD WHEELS 2BF31EAC-B920-4125-8A7E-CC0C8E6A2D81

OP
OP
SPARKY150

SPARKY150

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrician
Weld actually credited me for a sale I missed out on by two weeks. Great service. I’m now officially in the Weld fan club. Here is mine with 20 inch Chasms
0E146FFC-1EC6-49B2-8667-A756FC6709C5.jpeg

2BF31EAC-B920-4125-8A7E-CC0C8E6A2D81.jpeg
Congrats man! They look great!
Sponsored