Weird issue with Sync 4 Apple CarPlay on 23 Lariat Powerboost

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
About a week ago I experienced something odd with Apple CarPlay. I got in my truck and started it. I always wire my phone in for CarPlay. This time I plugged it in and it came up and said Apple CarPlay available but nothing. It would play through the source for “USB” but not CarPlay. I manually went in and tried to click the CarPlay icon next to my phone. It just spun and never did anything. I deleted my phone etc. nothing worked. Trying different cords, nothing worked.

I ended up doing a factory reset in the settings on the sync 4. This fixed my issue. As soon as it reset and I plugged my phone in, carplay came up no issue. I had to set everything back up like I had it.

This morning I went to remote start and first time ever I got the deep sleep notification. Weird because the truck has been driven every day. The morning trip I had no issues with carplay. Fast forward to later on for a 2nd trip, and the exact same thing happened as last week. I ended having to reset the sync 4 system again for carplay to start working.

Has anything had this happen to them??
Sponsored

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
About a week ago I experienced something odd with Apple CarPlay. I got in my truck and started it. I always wire my phone in for CarPlay. This time I plugged it in and it came up and said Apple CarPlay available but nothing. It would play through the source for “USB” but not CarPlay. I manually went in and tried to click the CarPlay icon next to my phone. It just spun and never did anything. I deleted my phone etc. nothing worked. Trying different cords, nothing worked.

I ended up doing a factory reset in the settings on the sync 4. This fixed my issue. As soon as it reset and I plugged my phone in, carplay came up no issue. I had to set everything back up like I had it.

This morning I went to remote start and first time ever I got the deep sleep notification. Weird because the truck has been driven every day. The morning trip I had no issues with carplay. Fast forward to later on for a 2nd trip, and the exact same thing happened as last week. I ended having to reset the sync 4 system again for carplay to start working.

I’ve had the same issues. Here’s a thread I started:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/carplay-stops-working-every-few-weeks.17184/#post-337935

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Good morning! Please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, and I can look into your concerns on my end.

OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Maybe they fixed it:
Ford F-150 Weird issue with Sync 4 Apple CarPlay on 23 Lariat Powerboost IMG_0434
Sponsored