• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
FWIW, I just found an interesting “fine print” statement at the bottom of slide 6 that gives hope to more than one invite per wave. Maybe this first wave is just a test as another member in this forum has already stated. Still can’t find where it said Ford was only building 5% Pro models???
Some posters have stated that only a few pros will be sold, based on a bar graph in the dealer prep material posted here. This material did not, however, firmly state any numbers; nor did it say that these amounts were set in stone. In other sections the material clearly states that Ford will adjust model availability if possible. So I think some folks are-understandably- overthinking this. We’ll know tomorrow!
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well if it’s 1 per wave, being #4 puts me at the end of February. Not bad, gives Congress time to pass this bill lol

I’m wondering what happens if someone ahead decides not to order and has already been invited?

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Well if it’s 1 per wave, being #4 puts me at the end of February. Not bad, gives Congress time to pass this bill lol

I’m wondering what happens if someone ahead decides not to order and has already been invited?
That’s a great question as I may be one of them if the Pro is not available (I simply can’t afford nor wish to pay an additional $13k for the next model up).

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I guess we will see tomorrow. I want to order the PRO with the max tow, so we will see what the availability is.

Just trying to figure out if I should add the Tow Technology package as well.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Anyone know when we build our order and that trim has sold out if it will let you know immediately or will we find out later and possibly miss out on the next trim level?

Reason I ask is I am leaning towards a Pro or a XLT without extended range battery. As we know those trim levels have very few available. I am going to try to build a Pro 1st tomorrow (if invited. I am #2 at my dealer) and would hate to miss out on a XLT if there is a delay in notification

Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
To be fair, none of this communication has been intended for the customer, it's internal prep - the docs in this forum even say it's private / internal / secret. We're the ones coming here and chewing through information. The vast majority of the 100k+ reservations are just chillin' and waiting to get pinged by Ford.
I'm not talking about some internal documents. I'm talking about the email I got from Ford

"Orders start at the beginning of the new year, and because of unprecedented interest, we'll be sending invitations to order at staggered times."

I reserved a lightning within 5 minutes of the presentation starting. Somehow, due to whatever bull crap happens behind the scenes, I'm 14/700+ in the order at my dealership, but still, I'm in the top 2% at least at my dealer, so I figured I would for sure be in the first wave, but even if I'm not, if it does turn out that they limit the first wave to 1 or 2 per dealership, they should not have sent the email they sent. They should have been transparent.

"We will begin 2022 with a few test orders to get the process started, and we will begin contacting early reservation holders a few weeks after that."

Not that hard. And after the screwed up so hard on the Bronco, you would think they would have learned.

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Anyone know when we build our order and that trim has sold out if it will let you know immediately or will we find out later and possibly miss out on the next trim level?

Reason I ask is I am leaning towards a Pro or a XLT without extended range battery. As we know those trim levels have very few available. I am going to try to build a Pro 1st tomorrow (if invited. I am #2 at my dealer) and would hate to miss out on a XLT if there is a delay in notification
I would plan for it to update live and if I was like number 1 or 2 I would spec that Pro out as quickly as possible. I have this sneaking suspicion it will sell out in wave one.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I'm not talking about some internal documents. I'm talking about the email I got from Ford

"Orders start at the beginning of the new year, and because of unprecedented interest, we'll be sending invitations to order at staggered times."

I reserved a lightning within 5 minutes of the presentation starting. Somehow, due to whatever bull crap happens behind the scenes, I'm 14/700+ in the order at my dealership, but still, I'm in the top 2% at least at my dealer, so I figured I would for sure be in the first wave, but even if I'm not, if it does turn out that they limit the first wave to 1 or 2 per dealership, they should not have sent the email they sent. They should have been transparent.

"We will begin 2022 with a few test orders to get the process started, and we will begin contacting early reservation holders a few weeks after that."

Not that hard. And after the screwed up so hard on the Bronco, you would think they would have learned.
I think they should change the way they do reservations completely. Have price and configurations all sorted out by the time someone reserves. From there we can choose to reserve based on model/configuration and Ford can see what the demand is/what they will need more of to complete orders.

Having to wait for your wave not knowing if what you want will be available is turrible

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
@Granger Ford are you able to say if your single 1st wave person is also the number 1 priority person?

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Also remember this is just the ordering, it's not production. Also when you are invited you have until March to actually place the order. once all the waves of order invites are in, Ford will probably prioritize production based on grouping similar builds. I assume they would rather run a full shift/week/month of lariat for example rather than having a pro followed on the line by an XLT then a platinum all in the same shift. Production and delivery will be influenced by your timestamp but it won't be the only factor.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

The way I read it, as trim levels sell out, the configurator will disallow selection accordingly. You shouldn’t be able to order an unavailable trim level.
Given the recent software issues, we’ll see how that goes!

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I think they should change the way they do reservations completely. Have price and configurations all sorted out by the time someone reserves. From there we can choose to reserve based on model/configuration and Ford can see what the demand is/what they will need more of to complete orders.

Having to wait for your wave not knowing if what you want will be available is turrible
I'm actually a little surprised at how reserved and calm this thread is. The potential that less than 1/100 reservations will be invited to order and that some states will get priority over others is pretty irritating and I would have thought it would piss a lot more people off.

How mature of everyone to just wait and see (which is sort of counter to being on a forum like this anyway)

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I'm actually a little surprised at how reserved and calm this thread is. The potential that less than 1/100 reservations will be invited to order and that some states will get priority over others is pretty irritating and I would have thought it would piss a lot more people off.
Nothing to do but wait.

I have been in contact with my dealer, and even though I am number 10 in line... I know I won't be at wave 1. I know I can't move myself along faster, and I currently have a nice 21 F150 Lariat PB at the moment that I just picked up a few months ago.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

How mature of everyone to just wait and see (which is sort of counter to being on a forum like this anyway)
For 2022 overall, it will be closer to 1 in 10 get to order, not 1 in 100. The 1 in 100 is just for the first wave (i.e. tomorrow). More slots will open up in 2 week intervals.
Sponsored