First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Well I do hate that you guys are getting leaks from moon roof. However, I did have one car with t-roof, leaked. The 3 different cars with moon roofs, leaked. That is reason to not get moon roof. I do love the looks and air but didn't want another glass roof ever again. T-roof was Chevy and rest was Ford's.
Sponsored

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
Sorry to hear about that! My VW Jetta sunroof leaked (drain tubes clogged) & my Jeep Grand Cherokee sunroof leaks now (drains clogged/damaged and it's been fixed once already).

My F150, and every other vehicle I will own in the future, will not have a sunroof.

Mk7R

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Well, I guess as part of this I would expect the speakers to be replaced as well.
You would expect, right? The dealer service writer seemed surprised when I mentioned that those speakers no longer worked! :unsure: He had never done a replacement of them before so he had no idea how long it would take to get them in.

Mk7R

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I can’t remember the last time I had a moonroof. I prefer to go completely topless vs a piece of glass! Unfortunately, my truck was ordered this way and since it had every other option I actually wanted, I took it. Lesson learned!

Sponsored

Mk7R

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
And I'll never do another sunroof nor the sliding rear window.
This is my first truck, I thought the rear sliding window would be pretty neat for the kids...oops!

Mk7R

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Got the truck back from the dealer, they said they could tell there was water intrusion, but they soaked it and left it outside during a torrential rainstorm and couldn’t replicate the problem. I’m at a loss at to how it could have happened but I’ll be keeping a close eye on it. They also said the speakers are working properly, I need to figure out how the headliner speakers work bc I certainly don’t hear anything on podcasts and the Kidz Bop channel.

redduke916

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
RV technician
I experienced the same thing and the dealer said it was clogged drain tube and I have to pay for someone to come and clear them out. I've had my truck 6 months. They said "do you park under a tree? Not happy.

Borgelpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Exec
I had water leaking from the mic, but not the speaker after a somewhat light rain the other day. Have had much heavier rains before and no leaking. Sunroof completely closed, don’t park under trees (which would require the sunroof to be open a while to get clogged with debris BTW). Was parked in a spot that had the left front angled down, which is the side that leaked. Will be checking for a loose/disconnected drain tube when I get home from travel this weekend and let you know what I find.

Sponsored

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I experienced the same thing and the dealer said it was clogged drain tube and I have to pay for someone to come and clear them out. I've had my truck 6 months. They said "do you park under a tree? Not happy.
What do you mean you have to get someone? At 6 months you're still under warranty.

redduke916

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
RV technician
They relented and admitted it was under warrantee. After all it sat in Dearborn for 9 months without being washed.

Rickam

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150KingRanch71 Mach179MarkV63GalaxieXL
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone experienced water coming in from the speaker in the headliner with b&o. Roof is definitely closed. Not sure if anyone has experienced this and or got it fixed yet?
I had the same issue surprisingly the dealer fix it I think they said some piece of plastic was cracked I would have to dig up the repair order and let you know exactly what it was

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Has anyone experienced water coming in from the speaker in the headliner with b&o. Roof is definitely closed. Not sure if anyone has experienced this and or got it fixed yet?
I had an expedition w leaks due to clogged drains . Thats isi skipped moonroof . I suggest check drains w air compression
Sponsored