First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150KingRanch71 Mach179MarkV63GalaxieXL
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone experienced water coming in from the speaker in the headliner with b&o. Roof is definitely closed. Not sure if anyone has experienced this and or got it fixed yet?
I did, not sure exactly what they fixed in the moonroof but some thing plastic was cracked and replaced , haven’t had any issues since then.
Sponsored

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Just witnessed leakage from the B&O speaker directly over the passenger’s side after going through a touchless car wash with a very close (stronger than usual) water pressure than what I’ve used in the past. Just a few drops gave way through the speaker and I did not see or feel any areas soaked around it. Speakers are working fine. Haven’t had this happen before at any car washes nor heavy rainy days. I usually park my truck inside my garage and don’t park under any trees so I’m leaning on something cracked, or broken around the moonroof. I’ve had te truck since end of May.

I’m going to try and wash the truck again next week at my usual place and see what happens. Perhaps this is a “one off” due to that particular location’s setup and how close and strong the water was being dispersed at such a short distance. Hoping it does not happen again. :/ My 2015 Platinum with Moonroof never had this problem.( Zero water leaks anywhere).

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I had water leaking from the mic, but not the speaker after a somewhat light rain the other day. Have had much heavier rains before and no leaking. Sunroof completely closed, don’t park under trees (which would require the sunroof to be open a while to get clogged with debris BTW). Was parked in a spot that had the left front angled down, which is the side that leaked. Will be checking for a loose/disconnected drain tube when I get home from travel this weekend and let you know what I find.
Does anyone have any schematics on how to check to see if the drain disconnected? Like what/how to take the pillar apart and the headliner to check the drain tube? Sunroof was working just fine then big rainstorm 2 nights ago and front drivers leaked inside a bit. I still need to check for debris by the drain hole.

Funny thing was took it to a car wash the day before and everything was just fine and always has been since I got the truck.

gdelp

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
I had a 2016 Lariat with the twin panel roof, never had a problem. My 2022 Platinum has been in the shop twice already to fix leaks. All that winds up happening is the leaks move to different places and they tell me they can't replicate the issue. This happened today, worst leaking yet so far. Both of the roof mounted speakers were leaking. I took my Lariat through this same car wash hundreds of times.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I had a 2016 Lariat with the twin panel roof, never had a problem. My 2022 Platinum has been in the shop twice already to fix leaks. All that winds up happening is the leaks move to different places and they tell me they can't replicate the issue. This happened today, worst leaking yet so far. Both of the roof mounted speakers were leaking. I took my Lariat through this same car wash hundreds of times.

Hi there. This leaking concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum

I was sitting in the rain and shined a flashlight into the sides of the moonroof. I could see water streaming in on the sides in the middle where the two panels come together, but nothing was dripping into the cab. There is a channel to hold the water and not allow it to spill into the cabin. As shown in the diagrams on the first page of this thread, there are drain tubes at all 4 corners of this channel, so the water "should" migrate to the corners and down the drain tubes. For you to have this much water coming out of the speaker, it would seem that you have a drain line disconnected or maybe plugged.

Waynes World

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
construction
Hi there. This leaking concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
How was it repaired? I have 2021, same/similar issue. Twice took it to Ford dealer, 2nd time they said cant replicate/figure it out so come and get your truck. Not repaired or fixed.

tango:02

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ F150 Raptor 37”
Hi! Same issue here

PM you with details

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Does anyone have any schematics on how to check to see if the drain disconnected? Like what/how to take the pillar apart and the headliner to check the drain tube? Sunroof was working just fine then big rainstorm 2 nights ago and front drivers leaked inside a bit. I still need to check for debris by the drain hole.

Funny thing was took it to a car wash the day before and everything was just fine and always has been since I got the truck.
The hoses run down inside the piller, I don't think you can see them and frankly I'm not convinced they are actual hoses, but channels maybe?
<Edit: I should say the front holes>
You can use a few things to clean the channel, an air compressor works well, had to do this on my wife's, Explorer just a few months ago.
You can also use a single wire from a 14-2. Or even a long trimmer\weed wacker twine.
Easiest is just a compressor.

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Same issue for me. Near Bose speaker. Limited 2021. Very frustrating

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
How do I send the PM? Cavalier Ford Chesapeake VA truck is there now second time. 2021 Limited

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
Joining the leaking pano club. My ‘22 Platinum has the dual panel roof, and B&O unleashed. Water leaking through the drivers headliner speaker and the adjacent headliner was soaked as well as the A pillar covers. I used a 125psi air compressor to clear any blockage of the drain tubes and tested with a cup of water at each front corner. Water drained fine. I wiped down all exposed areas and closed the roof.

The next day it rained and once again the same leak. I opened the roof and made sure to dry down all exposed areas. Closed the roof and applied electrician tape to cover the top of the roof and pano gasket. About 30” on the drivers side along the front and the curved corner. Some water came through the speaker but the small amount suggests it was residual from the previous day. I ran the car for 15 minutes at HI TEMP to dry out the headliner and speaker. Did this 2X. So far the tape is working.

I have an appt with the dealer to investigate and diagnose. My suspicion is that the glass gasket is to blame. On a related note I saw two places further towards the rear where the rubber gasket is starting to peel away from the glass.

Ford F-150 Water leak coming in from the speaker in the headliner with b&o IMG_5077

Ford F-150 Water leak coming in from the speaker in the headliner with b&o IMG_5076

Ford F-150 Water leak coming in from the speaker in the headliner with b&o IMG_5075

Ford F-150 Water leak coming in from the speaker in the headliner with b&o IMG_5069

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Joining the leaking pano club. My ‘22 Platinum has the dual panel roof, and B&O unleashed. Water leaking through the drivers headliner speaker and the adjacent headliner was soaked as well as the A pillar covers. I used a 125psi air compressor to clear any blockage of the drain tubes and tested with a cup of water at each front corner. Water drained fine. I wiped down all exposed areas and closed the roof.

The next day it rained and once again the same leak. I opened the roof and made sure to dry down all exposed areas. Closed the roof and applied electrician tape to cover the top of the roof and pano gasket. About 30” on the drivers side along the front and the curved corner. Some water came through the speaker but the small amount suggests it was residual from the previous day. I ran the car for 15 minutes at HI TEMP to dry out the headliner and speaker. Did this 2X. So far the tape is working.

I have an appt with the dealer to investigate and diagnose. My suspicion is that the glass gasket is to blame. On a related note I saw two places further towards the rear where the rubber gasket is starting to peel away from the glass.

IMG_5077.jpeg
I had to go check mine. Your seals look pretty bad compared to mine. Mine stays in the garage and is in a parking garage at work, so it rarely stays out in the Texas heat. I don't know if they can reapply new seals on these or if that calls for a complete replacement of the pano roof. Good luck with it.

There are also a lot of posts that say to not blow the drain lines with compressed air. You can blow the rubber line off a connector and cause a leak in the A or C pillar.
Sponsored