Sponsored

Water leak coming in from the speaker in the headliner with b&o

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum 701A
I’m at the dealer and they are replacing the rubber gaskets around both sections of glass. Apparently the drain tubes are working. If I determine the tweeter speaker in the headliner is not working they’ll replace it.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Joining the leaking pano club. My ‘22 Platinum has the dual panel roof, and B&O unleashed. Water leaking through the drivers headliner speaker and the adjacent headliner was soaked as well as the A pillar covers. I used a 125psi air compressor to clear any blockage of the drain tubes and tested with a cup of water at each front corner. Water drained fine. I wiped down all exposed areas and closed the roof.

The next day it rained and once again the same leak. I opened the roof and made sure to dry down all exposed areas. Closed the roof and applied electrician tape to cover the top of the roof and pano gasket. About 30” on the drivers side along the front and the curved corner. Some water came through the speaker but the small amount suggests it was residual from the previous day. I ran the car for 15 minutes at HI TEMP to dry out the headliner and speaker. Did this 2X. So far the tape is working.

I have an appt with the dealer to investigate and diagnose. My suspicion is that the glass gasket is to blame. On a related note I saw two places further towards the rear where the rubber gasket is starting to peel away from the glass.

IMG_5077.jpeg

IMG_5076.jpeg

IMG_5075.jpeg

IMG_5069.jpeg
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I’m at the dealer and they are replacing the rubber gaskets around both sections of glass. Apparently the drain tubes are working. If I determine the tweeter speaker in the headliner is not working they’ll replace it.
Good to see that the seals around both glass panels are replaceable. I hope that helps in your case.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I dont know about any rear drains, but, open your sunroof and stand on the seats with your upper body coming through the roof. In the front corners there are holes that leads to a drain. Usually taking a rubber tipped air compressor attachment and blowing them out will resolve your issue. Ive seen others use a wire (12gauge) and push through the drain.
This happened on my wifes RAV4 a few times back in the day. She would always park under an (acorn?) tree and these little suckers would get clogged.

Here is a good informational post also: (Credit @Cody) He opened things up for informational purposes, you dont have to do all he did.

Leaking Sunroof Fix DIY | F150gen14 -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Tremor, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | News, Owners, Community, Discussions

twave

First Name
Dez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 5.0 Platinum BAP
Had the same thing happen to me yesterday... Except water was pouring through the passenger overhead speaker and the hands-free mic on the driver's side. I have an appointment next week, but I suspect the drains were frozen and didn't thaw at the same rate as the roof. Has anyone experienced this in northern climates? The amount of water I had leaking was significant (and very cold, Ford should include a water heater). I now refer to the overhead speakers as rain showers.
Sponsored