Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Not a fan. Those bolt on fender flares are hideous.

I also question how durable the truck is after all of these heavy modifications. I’ve seen multiple horror stories of SEMA demo vehicles looking cool, as it were, but were literally falling apart at the seams because of rushed or shoddy work, combined with the fact these vehicles weren’t designed for such drastic alterations.

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin

I also question how durable the truck is after all of these heavy modifications. I’ve seen multiple horror stories of SEMA demo vehicles looking cool, as it were, but were literally falling apart at the seams because of rushed or shoddy work, combined with the fact these vehicles weren’t designed for such drastic alterations.
Right now there is NO ONE that is making a fender flare that is compatible with the BLISS system.
Since this demo was on a LIMITED I am hoping this company has cracked the sensor issue.

But on their website, this does NOT exist for a 2021 Limited...

https://airdesignusa.com/2018-2020-f-150-air-design-super-bolt-fender-flares-set.html

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good point. They are probably one-off pieces. The fact is was done on the top tier Limited just makes it worse.

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT and 1988 Mustang GT
Occupation
Machinist
Why does it always seem that they modify upper trim models, which most people who get them are leasing or don't modify them because they aren't car guys.

Sponsored

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
Good point. They are probably one-off pieces. The fact is was done on the top tier Limited just makes it worse.
I DEEPLY hope someone has figured out HOW to deal with the sensors and really does come out with some fender flares that are fully compatible.

That is absolutely an item I would like to put on my Platinum

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why does it always seem that they modify upper trim models, which most people who get them are leasing or don't modify them because they aren't car guys.

Because it’s the coolest and the best, and if it helps Ford sell a few more trucks with higher level trims, the truck being used (probably even donated by Ford) has more than given them a return on investment.

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist
Because it’s the coolest and the best, and if it helps Ford sell a few more trucks with higher level trims, the truck being used (probably even donated by Ford) has more than given them a return on investment.
I agree with you, but seriously who out there is going to overland upper trim models? Let's be real it's a "Mall Crawler" or "Hey look at me"

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree with you, but seriously who out there is going to overland upper trim models? Let's be real it's a "Mall Crawler" or "Hey look at me"
True. It absolutely is. Don’t get me wrong, a great and capable truck, but not one that is typically overhauled for heavy off road purposes.

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist
True. It absolutely is. Don’t get me wrong, a great and capable truck, but not one that is typically overhauled for heavy off road purposes.
All due respect man I disagree and I believe Ford does to (F150 Raptor and a possible Tremor) problem being expensive trim levels. I'd like to see this Tremor package have front differential locks and some other goodies being showcased on the amazing Bronco. I'd be in line for that if I didn't find pickup truck more useful / practical for me. At least a 6.5' bed on the Raptor would work for me if I could afford it.

Sponsored

Basetaco2.7

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 tacoma

I hate those types of flares as well. Makes the truck look ugly!

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I hate those types of flares as well. Makes the truck look ugly!
I agree. Those fake looking bolts ruin it.

Although, I don't mind the smaller, simple, Raptor-style flares.

Last edited:

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All due respect man I disagree and I believe Ford does to (F150 Raptor and a possible Tremor) problem being expensive trim levels. I'd like to see this Tremor package have front differential locks and some other goodies being showcased on the amazing Bronco. I'd be in line for that if I didn't find pickup truck more useful / practical for me. At least a 6.5' bed on the Raptor would work for me if I could afford it.

I don’t think Ford has made a Raptor F-150 with the 6.5 foot bed yet, correct?

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist
I don’t think Ford has made a Raptor F-150 with the 6.5 foot bed yet, correct?
You're correct hence my problem. My quad only fits in my 6.5' bed with oil change ramps properly positioned to allow my tailgate to shut. Hence allowing use of the backup camera and or the trailer hitch.