Sponsored

Warranty plan for windshield, wheels, ding and dent

coconutgroves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 4x4
I searched across the forum and didn't see anything on this topic, but may have missed a thread.

I am looking for a warranty plan that covers:

Windshield replacement (they are expensive nowadays)
Wheels (damage)
Ding and dent (paintless)
Interior repair (small repairs)

I bought one for my Tundra through my dealer in 2018 and have used it to get out under golf ball sized dents and also used it for a wheel. Cost for 6 years was $750, which was a deal, but I got it just above cost.

Anyone have on-line recommendations for this? I checked Flood and Ziegler, but didn't see anything there.

Appreciate it.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Your insurance should cover glass replacement, and if it doesn't already, you can probably add it.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
State Farm in Texas doesn't offer glass coverage other than through comprehensive coverage, but I was pleasantly surprised at how little it cost to lower the deductible to even $0.

One windshield replacement on my 2019 Honda Ridgeline with the cost of OE Honda-branded glass and the associated driver-aids recalibration (on that one the driver-aid cams shoot through the windshield) was 100% covered by SF and more than paid for many years of the $0 deductible.

YMMV but I suggest you at least talk to your insurance agent, whatever company, about that sort of 'protection'.

OP
OP

coconutgroves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Re windshield through insurance - they do cover, but under comprehensive in Texas. We used to have windshield coverage, but that is no longer an option as far as I know.

The windshield is just one - the wheels are more important. One wheel costs over $500 - going through insurance there means a $500 deductible, so it is not worth even doing a claim. A complete aftermarket package provides better coverage at a lower cost.

Comprehensive claims also drive up the cost of the premiums over time.
Sponsored