Warranty Forever experience?

MDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My local Ford dealer offers a no-cost "Warranty Forever" powertrain components coverage program as an incentive to buy from them and do scheduled maintenance with them (though that's not required). www.warrantyforever.com Documentation, with the Warranty Forever administration, that ALL scheduled maintenance is done, on time, IS a requirement.

Anyone have any experience with this program?
Sponsored

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
It’s b.s.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Just quickly skimming, it looks like the warranty forever folks require both you and the dealership or repair facility to jump through so many hoops that most people will lose interest, forget or fail to make the required paperwork. Then, even if you do, if someone on their end makes a clerical error, your still screwed.

Since the dealership is ‘baking in’ this cost as well as advocating for a potentially sketchy option, I suggest either looking at other dealers or asking them what the price is without the forever warranty. Don’t let them tell you it’s already on the car, because until they sell it, they won’t do the paperwork for the value added products, in case they do a dealer trade or a corporate sale.

It’s basically just a third party product that they mark up and make you pay for. Just the same as if they said that every single car they sell comes with free $5 fuzzy dice and then they charge you $10 extra dollars. It’s just a way to get $5 extra dollars from you. When they say “All of our cars come with X,” it’s a rhetorical device to make you think that you have to buy the car with X.

Even if this were 100% legitimate, they play the odds on a few important things:

The original factory warranty; these extended warranties only come into effect after the factory warranty expires.

Non-transferrable; this plan and others will only be valid for the original owner.

Both of the above would exclude the plan from benefitting most new car buyers, since it’s fairly rare that the original buyer will keep it long enough to see any benefit.

Then, even on their own website, which mentions none of the fine print; it says they won’t do any repair that exceeds your car’s value:

”The limit of liability is the NADA average retail value of the vehicle at time of claim.”

Right there, you eliminated the most expensive repairs. If after all that they still fail to make a profit, all these companies have to do is declare bankruptcy and change their name.

Reactions: MDM

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
All these warranty companies work on the same financial model as insurance companies, take your money up front, and then use every piece of fine print and total BS to screw you out of paying claims later on. But, just because the dealer offers this warranty doesn't mean they won't deal on price. Granger offers one of these warranties, and they have the best low price haggle free buying experience I've ever heard of. On their warranty you have to have all your service done by them I believe, (which is a common clause in a lot of these warranties) so that is how the dealership is making money to offset their costs on providing the warranty. Nothing is free, and all 3rd party warranties are a hassle requiring all previous service records being meticulous, and days of phone tag and approvals BS to get things covered. They are definitely trying to make you give up and pay for the repairs yourself.

I looked for a dealer that provided one that didn't require service at their dealership and still got a great deal on price. If it saves me one cam-phaser repair, or one turbo coolant seal leak beyond the 5/60k Ford warranty, then it was worth the extra work to find the dealer and travel to go get my truck.

In the end, I know there is a very high probability that the warranty will not be worth the paper its printed on, but I'm out nothing since I still got a great deal on the price of my truck.

OP
OP

MDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
All these warranty companies work on the same financial model as insurance companies, take your money up front, and then use every piece of fine print and total BS to screw you out of paying claims later on. But, just because the dealer offers this warranty doesn't mean they won't deal on price. Granger offers one of these warranties, and they have the best low price haggle free buying experience I've ever heard of. On their warranty you have to have all your service done by them I believe, (which is a common clause in a lot of these warranties) so that is how the dealership is making money to offset their costs on providing the warranty. Nothing is free, and all 3rd party warranties are a hassle requiring all previous service records being meticulous, and days of phone tag and approvals BS to get things covered. They are definitely trying to make you give up and pay for the repairs yourself.

I looked for a dealer that provided one that didn't require service at their dealership and still got a great deal on price. If it saves me one cam-phaser repair, or one turbo coolant seal leak beyond the 5/60k Ford warranty, then it was worth the extra work to find the dealer and travel to go get my truck.

In the end, I know there is a very high probability that the warranty will not be worth the paper its printed on, but I'm out nothing since I still got a great deal on the price of my truck.
Agreed! My local dealer agreed to match the no-hassle Granger price (thank you Granger!!!) with the added stipulation that I could refuse all "add-ons" (expensive nitrogen, key tracker, door guards, etc.), so I feel good about the price tag. I would NOT have to use the dealer for scheduled maintenance, so I'll do the documentation and see if it pays off. Or, I'll buy a reputable ESP....
Sponsored