First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I’ve never heard of a property tax on a vehicle. Only sales tax when purchasing if a state has it. Where does one have to pay a property tax on a vehicle? I’m in NJ, certain we don’t have it here.
About half the states do (according to a quick Google search). I'm in North Carolina and it varies form county to county. First year will probably be over $500. It's based on the value of the car (which I think they inflate). Then of course we have yearly inspections that cost $20 if it's not more than 20 years old. Then another $10 fee if you have tint (we have a tint limit).
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Tech

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I did read somewhere that they are stopping production of the diesel engine on the F-150. A guy at a dealer said he only sold one this year.

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree with then not starting 2022 production until December.
Tentatively 12/06 at DTP. Not sure about KC. They're usually 2 weeks behind DTP, but that would be 12/20. That would only be 4 days of production before Christmas Shutdown at Ford. This year is 12/24-01/02 Back to work on 01/03

I did read somewhere that they are stopping production of the diesel engine on the F-150. A guy at a dealer said he only sold one this year.
That's correct. I believe they're already at Balance Out on 3.0 orders for '21 If not, it will be very soon.

OP
OP

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
About half the states do (according to a quick Google search). I'm in North Carolina and it varies form county to county. First year will probably be over $500. It's based on the value of the car (which I think they inflate). Then of course we have yearly inspections that cost $20 if it's not more than 20 years old. Then another $10 fee if you have tint (we have a tint limit).
I’m shocked. That’s robbery. Especially if that’s already on top of sales tax one pays upfront.

Sponsored

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
I’ve never heard of a property tax on a vehicle. Only sales tax when purchasing if a state has it. Where does one have to pay a property tax on a vehicle? I’m in NJ, certain we don’t have it here.
Massachusetts has a yearly excise tax on vehicles. Depreciates fast

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
I’m shocked. That’s robbery. Especially if that’s already on top of sales tax one pays upfront.
It’s one of the way our towns have money to spend on police, fire, teachers, and dPW workers

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
I ordered my truck last week but the way things are going probably wont see it until 2022 anyway :)

Are they making any changes to 2022 as 2021 was a disaster?
I suppose the only big thing is the Pro Scale. As I been told by dealers that the option was restricted from adding it when many placed their order a few weeks ago… either way I feel like this first model year kink stuff really doesn’t apply with the craziness that’s happened with manufacturers.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Massachusetts has a yearly excise tax on vehicles. Depreciates fast
You also pay property tax on a vehicle in Kansas. The rate varies by county and you pay it each year when you renew your tags. Here it seems to depreciate in line with KBB. There is a similar tax in next door Missouri but the rules and rates are different.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
You’ve heard of it now. In NC.

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Here in CA it’s a little different. Property tax is collected by the local county and includes taxes on homes, trailers, boats and I think work vehicles but not personal vehicles. For personal vehicles we have an annual registration “fee”, collected by the state. On the F150 I am expecting to pay 600ish for registration at first but will go down as the truck depreciates.

So I guess it’s a property tax even though we call it a fee?

OP
OP

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Here in CA it’s a little different. Property tax is collected by the local county and includes taxes on homes, trailers, boats and I think work vehicles but not personal vehicles. For personal vehicles we have an annual registration “fee”, collected by the state. On the F150 I am expecting to pay 600ish for registration at first but will go down as the truck depreciates.

So I guess it’s a property tax even though we call it a fee?

600 is a lot of money. Do sedans get charged this rate too, something like honda accord or is it a pickup truck specific charge that is this high. NJ is around 50-70$ yearly fee, fairly reasonable now that i think about it in comparison to other states.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Tech
600 is a lot of money. Do sedans get charged this rate too, something like honda accord or is it a pickup truck specific charge that is this high. NJ is around 50-70$ yearly fee, fairly reasonable now that i think about it in comparison to other states.
I think we are getting off topic here, but in NC it's based on the value of the car. So basically since a truck holds it value, you'll be paying a lot for a few years or more. Maybe gas prices will rise and truck values will fall. It's a no win situation, lol. You do have to remember that cost of living is a lot cheaper in NC, probably not California though.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It varies by value of the car. Part of it is straight value (about 0.7%) and then there is another 150-300 in assorted fees rolled into the registration fee, I do think trucks are more. My ‘67 XR7 is only about 180/year.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think we are getting off topic here, but in NC it's based on the value of the car. So basically since a truck holds it value, you'll be paying a lot for a few years or more. Maybe gas prices will rise and truck values will fall. It's a no win situation, lol. You do have to remember that cost of living is a lot cheaper in NC, probably not California though.
lol, what was the topic again? Oh yeah waiting for a 2022. Well at least we’re in the right sub-forum “pricing…. Etc”
Sponsored