Voyeur - New User/Poster - '21 F150 Lariat

zzzCOUGARzzz

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR4, F-Type R & F150 Lariat ('21)
I am a forum watcher! I was zzzCOUGARzzz for years on the KTM forums and also on the Land Rover forums. So... How did I arrive here!?

Grew up on Ford's in Texas.. F100, 150, Courier (if you know what that is) and beyond. In-Laws parents started Fitzpatrick & Lambert in Dushore, PA many moons ago!

So here I am... watching, learning and reading about the usual Forum posts of gadgets, tires and etc. The pics are awesome to see and I get a kick out of the "styles" of others across our beautiful country, and to EACH their own! So cool!

My story is that I had a brand new Defender 110 on order for over a year, I was getting offers on my amazing LR4 above what I paid for it..... then, the 5th wheel we had borrowed for years from my Father In-Law was going to another. SO... my wife, used to a 34ft. 5th wheel that has been towed by a 2009 F-350 all the way up to a 2020 F-350 was going away....

Guess what... the Defender 110 got put in the back seat and I was able to grab a FULLY Spec'd to what I wanted F-150 from my local dealer and friend for about $30k less than the Defender.

Now.... let me tell you, this F-150 has so much more TECH and Awesomeness to it than I can ever imagine, best decision I have made other than my kids and my wife!

I have now leveled the front and put airbags on the back... Don't even think I really needed it, but... oh well!

I tow a Kodiak 289BHSL (32ft. OAL) travel trailer that is dry weighted at 5870lbs. I tow this WITHOUT issue and maintain OOTB (out of the box) 10-12 mpg. I also got a compliment from a guy with a 2015 F-350 at a KOA saying this "Wow, there isn't ANY squat on that rig, is that new F-350?" He had to look closer to see what it was because I "de-badge"...

I have removed the "cheeesy" FX4 badges (cheesy to me) off of the back and kept the truck simple and clean, white on black, just like the rest of the stable!

I look forward to providing "cheeky" commentary, but also anything constructive that I can. This is not my first rodeo, but it might be my first bull! I am looking forward to making friends, cause I am a TINKERER and a HEAVY RESEARCHER!!!

Ford F-150 Voyeur - New User/Poster - '21 F150 Lariat 43590B0A-7ECD-467C-9E8D-4AEECF7CF343
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Welcome JK! Glad you're here and decided to join us! Stick around, you'll see were a great group!

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered
That part about Fitzpatrick and Lambert is neat because I have house west of Dushore. That’s a neat old dealer and still one of those old Ford dealers that sell tractors and vehicles. Just thought it was neat to hear It mentioned haha. Welcome.

I am a forum watcher! I was zzzCOUGARzzz for years on the KTM forums and also on the Land Rover forums. So... How did I arrive here!?

Grew up on Ford's in Texas.. F100, 150, Courier (if you know what that is) and beyond. In-Laws parents started Fitzpatrick & Lambert in Dushore, PA many moons ago!

So here I am... watching, learning and reading about the usual Forum posts of gadgets, tires and etc. The pics are awesome to see and I get a kick out of the "styles" of others across our beautiful country, and to EACH their own! So cool!

My story is that I had a brand new Defender 110 on order for over a year, I was getting offers on my amazing LR4 above what I paid for it..... then, the 5th wheel we had borrowed for years from my Father In-Law was going to another. SO... my wife, used to a 34ft. 5th wheel that has been towed by a 2009 F-350 all the way up to a 2020 F-350 was going away....

Guess what... the Defender 110 got put in the back seat and I was able to grab a FULLY Spec'd to what I wanted F-150 from my local dealer and friend for about $30k less than the Defender.

Now.... let me tell you, this F-150 has so much more TECH and Awesomeness to it than I can ever imagine, best decision I have made other than my kids and my wife!

I have now leveled the front and put airbags on the back... Don't even think I really needed it, but... oh well!

I tow a Kodiak 289BHSL (32ft. OAL) travel trailer that is dry weighted at 5870lbs. I tow this WITHOUT issue and maintain OOTB (out of the box) 10-12 mpg. I also got a compliment from a guy with a 2015 F-350 at a KOA saying this "Wow, there isn't ANY squat on that rig, is that new F-350?" He had to look closer to see what it was because I "de-badge"...

I have removed the "cheeesy" FX4 badges (cheesy to me) off of the back and kept the truck simple and clean, white on black, just like the rest of the stable!

I look forward to providing "cheeky" commentary, but also anything constructive that I can. This is not my first rodeo, but it might be my first bull! I am looking forward to making friends, cause I am a TINKERER and a HEAVY RESEARCHER!!!

43590B0A-7ECD-467C-9E8D-4AEECF7CF343.jpeg
Sponsored