First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Starting this thread to mimic what I've seen in some BMW groups. In those groups there are people that have the required software, cable, battery maintainers, and knowledge to help others with programming. Those people volunteer to have fellow owners drop by so they can assist and teach those wanting to learn. I know at least for me it's easier to see what to do rather than read what to do, so it was a big help for me when doing BMW programming and flashing.

Disclaimers:
  • Volunteers are just that: volunteers. They may accept payment in form of pizza, beer, or money, but they're still just volunteers. These people (unless stated otherwise) don't work for Ford, aren't trained by Ford, and likely aren't insured or bonded. Understand this before having someone else do sensitive operations to your expensive toys.
  • If you are offering assistance, I *highly recommend* you draft some waiver of liability and have the people you help sign it. My wife is an attorney and she made me do this... haha. Also, when I flash people's vehicles I usually have them pay attention while I explain what I'm doing, and I have *them* press the "OK" button.
  • Lastly, don't be mad if a volunteer's schedule doesn't line up with yours. It's free, it's on a voluntary basis. Beggars can't be choosers.
If this becomes decently large I'll spin up a google sheet to collate. I recommend NOT placing any personal information here, let people DM you if they're interested.

I'll start off with the post post after this with my information.
Is there anybody in Cary, NC that can help 27519 area
Sponsored

islandboy47

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Lariat FX4
Location - Gainesville, FL
Abilities - FDRS via Mongoose, Forscan
Hardware - Can help you with my equipment and knowledge to get updates done. I would prefer it if you could bring your own laptop though and actually do the touching of the keyboard and truck while I "consult"

TBeatle

First Name
Michael B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Faribault, MN - Mongoose, FDRS

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
Abilities : FDRS, FORSCAN
Hardware : Battery maintainer, Mongoose, OBDLink MX+
Additional information : I can assist you with updating the software for your truck. YOU will be clicking the upgrades, unless you're comfortable signing a waver, but I've done it without issue in the past and have performed numerous upgrades and modifications to BMW, Jeep, and Ford Vehicles.

Sponsored

ejosterberg

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Platinum, 17 Explorer Limited, 11 Edge
Occupation
Engineer
Eric here, Available from Two cities. Might have the tools your looking for in one or the other, or you let me know your interested and I'll try to make it happen.
I have, power, Forscan and Mongoose adapter. I have FDRS license active from time to time.
Phoenix AZ 85042 and Minneapolis MN 55417

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hardware: Mongoose/FORscan
I have a battery charger.
No active FDRS license. A 2 day license will cost you $50. I work 6 days a week and have my two Mongooses touring the country helping people get their trucks updated, so we will have to coordinate for a Sunday where I have at least one of my Mongooses in hand.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I'm in Summerville S.C. I can do forscan changes, but nothing in FDRS.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I’m in mid Michigan area. Can meet up with people in Canada, Ohio, Indiana etc. I have laptop, mongoose. Can do FDRS and forscan. Would have to sign a simple waiver to CYA and my ass. 😂

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
This is/was popular within the VW/Audi community as well. I setup a Google Form that dumps responses into a spreadsheet to make it easier to filter/sort people close to you. If anyone has a suggestion for how to make the form (and resulting data) better or easier to use for people, let me know.

You can add your info here.

If you're looking for help, view the data here.
Hi, I'm looking for help in upstate NY. I don't have any of the needed tools. This is all new for me. I want my DRL brightness increased.

BarryT82

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
USAF
I’m in Charleston, WV and have the mongoose cable, battery charger, and ForScan.
I don’t have an active FDRS license, but if you want to pay for the license I’ll help you update the truck.
Sponsored

Reactions: sbi