Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Hello all my fellow F-150 fans! I was at the test drive event today, and tried to collect as much info as possible for you all. I’ve attached a video showing a pretty comprehensive (hopefully) view of the menus and screens in use for the Ford Sync 4 system. One of the coolest features I noted was it has a day and dark mode that the user can choose.

This was on an XLT model.

(Sorry for all the noise and talking in the background, that was the Ford rep and the passengers talking).

Let me know if you have any questions I can try and answer!

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Is that the default instrument panel for the XLT?
I ordered the mid level XLT and it does not include the 12” center stack display.
but I do like that instrument panel

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I ordered the mid level XLT and it does not include the 12” center stack display.
That is indeed. I was debating between the XLT and Lariat but that 12” digital instrumental panel is too appealIng for me

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Hello all my fellow F-150 fans! I was at the test drive event today, and tried to collect as much info as possible for you all. I’ve attached a video showing a pretty comprehensive (hopefully) view of the menus and screens in use for the Ford Sync 4 system. One of the coolest features I noted was it has a day and dark mode that the user can choose.

This was on an XLT model.

(Sorry for all the noise and talking in the background, that was the Ford rep and the passengers talking).

Let me know if you have any questions I can try and answer!

Awesome, thank you.

Did you happen to note the payload?

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awesome, thank you.

Did you happen to note the payload?
This was a 2.7 SuperCrew XLT. I didn’t get it off the door jamb, but if it reading the tech. specs. correctly it’s 1,745lbs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The default screen for the XLT is the 8” one. If you elect for the 302A High package, it comes with the 12” touch screen along with a whole host of other stuff.

From what I can tell, the bottom half of the instrument panel is going to be similar across all trim lines. The only differences are the addition of buttons such as the dual zone climate controls, ventilated seats and so on.

Here’s a closer look at the bottom, albeit on a Lariat trim if it helps.

Ford F-150 Video: SYNC 4 in Action on F-150 12-Inch Screen 8E6EB351-316E-42AD-93D5-29A0A3B0009B

Last edited:

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
By any chance, were you able to pair your phone and use wireless Apple CarPlay or AA?

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I ordered this truck for me and me alone
i had no desire to have 57” tv in the center stack.
the smaller one was fine.
I did get the step bars for her, and the automatic is a plus for her, but I would have gotten a manual trans if it were offered.
I sold a 59 ElCamino and the proceeds of that are what I am getting this truck with.
i don’t require a lot. Cloth bucket seats, cruise, tilt and air.
oh—and a quiet rattle-free ride.
The few extras the mid level XLT gives are treats.
Everything else above that is just fluff and more stuff to fail over the course of the next 15-20 years—and I will have it that long.

She is still cranky that remaining two hot rods are sticks, my k1500 is a stick and the Ranger is a stick. But it does keep her from wanting to take them out.

MY93SHO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat, 2012 GoldWing, 1997 Honda Valkyrie Tourer
I ordered this truck for me and me alone
i had no desire to have 57” tv in the center stack.
the smaller one was fine.
I did get the step bars for her, and the automatic is a plus for her, but I would have gotten a manual trans if it were offered.
I sold a 59 ElCamino and the proceeds of that are what I am getting this truck with.
i don’t require a lot. Cloth bucket seats, cruise, tilt and air.
oh—and a quiet rattle-free ride.
The few extras the mid level XLT gives are treats.
Everything else above that is just fluff and more stuff to fail over the course of the next 15-20 years—and I will have it that long.

She is still cranky that remaining two hot rods are sticks, my k1500 is a stick and the Ranger is a stick. But it does keep her from wanting to take them out.
Ford F-150 Video: SYNC 4 in Action on F-150 12-Inch Screen https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_0eeab3d

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
By any chance, were you able to pair your phone and use wireless Apple CarPlay or AA?
Sorry, I completely missed that. Car Play and AA are also standard, but I didn’t test it out. I did use USB to link my phone to try the sound system, and the Sync 4 worked pretty well using it that way too.

Sponsored

Basetaco2.7

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 tacoma
I don’t understand why Ford doesnt use a black screen instead of white. Black screen on Rams look good

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Can you explain what you mean by “black screen”?
He means "dark mode" where the background is dark and the lettering brighter. If you have Discord, the default display is "dark"

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He means "dark mode" where the background is dark and the lettering brighter. If you have Discord, the default display is "dark"

That is what I was thinking too. I don’t have any pictures of it, unfortunately. But, I can confirm Sync 4 on the 12” screens do have a dark mode. You can select day or dark, or auto based off of the time of day.

I preferred the dark mode a lot more. I anticipate keeping it in that setting all the time.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
That is what I was thinking too. I don’t have any pictures of it, unfortunately. But, I can confirm Sync 4 on the 12” screens do have a dark mode. You can select day or dark, or auto based off of the time of day.

I preferred the dark mode a lot more. I anticipate keeping it in that setting all the time.
Nice!! First thing I was planning to check for at my upcoming test drive.
Sponsored