First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
I've been loving the system in my new Platinum. Only issue I have is that the back sliding glass rattles when it's partially open and the music has moderate to heavy bass in it. It's getting really annoying actually.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I've been loving the system in my new Platinum. Only issue I have is that the back sliding glass rattles when it's partially open and the music has moderate to heavy bass in it. It's getting really annoying actually.
I haven’t had a chance to experience this but can see how it might be an annoyance. Another First World problem! ?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Take it to the dealer and get it fixed.

Sponsored

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
Sure better get confirmation that it's in the works..
My initial order was placed at the end of November. Made the change to add B/O this past weekend. Last update given to me by the dealer was 1 week ago; no VIN and not scheduled for production....

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
My initial order was placed at the end of November. Made the change to add B/O this past weekend. Last update given to me by the dealer was 1 week ago; no VIN and not scheduled for production....
I would be concerned that it doesn't get done..
I would ask the dealer for a confirmation from the factory that it's been added on..
I just know with my luck someone would drop the ball.
Good luck..

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
Take it to the dealer and get it fixed.
I did. Their response was a collective shrug and a suggestion that I turn the bass all the way down on the radio. I left before I ended up on the news.

Jim Tidwell Ford in Marietta GA BTW. I have to say, that other than my Salesperson: Brandon and the Body Shop guy: Chris, my experience with them was an utter nitemare. If any other dealership within 200 miles had my truck in the color I wanted, I would not have given them my business at all.

Just an FYI

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
I struggled with the decision of getting the mid-level B&O system or Unleashed for the same reason. If I were planning on doing a custom system, the mid tier system makes more sense because of the number of speakers.

I’d rather not tear it apart for an upgrade, so I’m feeling good about the decision to go with Unleashed.
If you have the option for unleashed, get it. Send like an easy choice. It's not that expensive, and well worth the cost.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I did. Their response was a collective shrug and a suggestion that I turn the bass all the way down on the radio. I left before I ended up on the news.

Jim Tidwell Ford in Marietta GA BTW. I have to say, that other than my Salesperson: Brandon and the Body Shop guy: Chris, my experience with them was an utter nitemare. If any other dealership within 200 miles had my truck in the color I wanted, I would not have given them my business at all.

Just an FYI
Yeah, time to try another dealer, you don't have to use them.

Sponsored

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4

Just an FYI
Try Hardy fir the repair. I like them much better than Tidwell.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
FYI:
I just learned something.
I always wear a cowboy hat.
Had my Unleashed cranked up cruising DOWN THE HIGHWAY and took my hat off.. Unbelievable, I wasn't hearing half of what was there.
Can't believe how much was blocked by the hat..
Give it a try. And tell your passenger, take off the hat.

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
the dealer messed up my order and did not include the unleashed system (or towing mirrors) so I had them reorder, this review makes me glad.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
the dealer messed up my order and did not include the unleashed system (or towing mirrors) so I had them reorder, this review makes me glad.
Good decision..
You don't know how glad you will be..
It's nothing short of awesome...They should compensate you for dropping the ball and setting your delivery date back..

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
I don't blame you. One of the main reasons I ordered a Platty is because of this sound system. I want to feel and experience the sound that comes out of the stereo. My bottom of the barrel speakers in my 2018 XLT are barely satisfactory and I cannot wait to climb into my new truck, bluetooth some Metallica and rock out on my maiden drive. I have dreams about that day.
Sponsored