• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
Last edited by a moderator:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Great information! Thank you!

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Not everyone will want to watch an almost 18-minute video and there are many stretches where he talks about how to switch your reservation over to him. But here are highlights, most of which is in the leaked memo thread (but that thread has devolved into moaning about priority):
  • Every reservation holder will receive an e-mail in January confirming they have a reservation and explaining the wave process. You will be told that not everyone will be invited.
  • Later in January, invitations will go to the first wave. Presumably all trims and options will be available to Wave 1.
  • Every two weeks, another wave of invitations will go out. Prior to each wave the configurator will be updated to show trims/options no longer available. So for example if they are only going to make so many XLT's in 2022 and those are all taken, then you won't be able to order an XLT.
  • If the trim/options you want are not available, you can 1) order something that is available, 2) defer your reservation to a later model year, or 3) cancel and get your deposit back.
  • The configurator will give an ETA on delivery to help you decide if you want to make an order, defer or cancel.
  • Once all capacity for 2022 is met, everyone who wasn't invited will receive an email letting them know that. They can cancel or stay on the list.
I do appreciate the video. I cringe every time he says they are a MSRP dealer but have a $300 dealer fee. That's not MSRP in my book but he's a sales guy, so there.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
First, thank you for summarizing the video for those of us without patience and bandwidth.

The hope-order-delivery process will require a bit of gaming strategy and luck.

My bet is that Ford will be able to push out up to 30,000 (15,000 retail/15,000 Pro/fleet) for 2022, which is double the original estimate. Jim Farley is as much as hinting this in interviews the past few days.

I am also betting that the tax credit/rebate of $7,500, but not the additional $5,000, will become law early in January. With the $80,000 MSRP limit that would exclude the Platinum and loaded Lariat trims. Ford makes the most profit on these models so I am guessing they may produce 20% of these for sale (3,000). The lower trims will disappear quickly.

What is unknown is what happens if Ford pulls a trim because those orders exceed their first estimate of possible build but later in the year they increase production enough to put them back on the order list. Will I be able to ask to be put on a waiting list for my requested trim and options and if it does not happen be rolled into a 2023?

Myself, if I am lucky enough to be invited in one of the first waves, I will buy the highest available trim and hope to trade it in the future for what I really wanted. I am not sure if I want a Lightning so much I would buy one without the rebate/tax credit. My pockets are not that deep.

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
First, thank you for summarizing the video for those of us without patience and bandwidth.

The hope-order-delivery process will require a bit of gaming strategy and luck.

My bet is that Ford will be able to push out up to 30,000 (15,000 retail/15,000 Pro/fleet) for 2022, which is double the original estimate. Jim Farley is as much as hinting this in interviews the past few days.

I am also betting that the tax credit/rebate of $7,500, but not the additional $5,000, will become law early in January. With the $80,000 MSRP limit that would exclude the Platinum and loaded Lariat trims. Ford makes the most profit on these models so I am guessing they may produce 20% of these for sale (3,000). The lower trims will disappear quickly.

What is unknown is what happens if Ford pulls a trim because those orders exceed their first estimate of possible build but later in the year they increase production enough to put them back on the order list. Will I be able to ask to be put on a waiting list for my requested trim and options and if it does not happen be rolled into a 2023?

Myself, if I am lucky enough to be invited in one of the first waves, I will buy the highest available trim and hope to trade it in the future for what I really wanted. I am not sure if I want a Lightning so much I would buy one without the rebate/tax credit. My pockets are not that deep.
I'm in the same boat. I don't need a new truck immediately, so getting pushed to a later model year doesn't bother me. But I'll cancel my Maverick order for a Lightning... as soon as the tax credit passes.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Yes, the tax rebate means a lot to me too. However a gas model is near those prices currently so......

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
I'm not sure I like the part about certain configurations possibly being unavailable at the time of your order. I'm around the first 20k reservations so I expect an early wave invitation, and I'll be really disappointed if for some reason there aren't any Pros available to order.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I'm not sure I like the part about certain configurations possibly being unavailable at the time of your order. I'm around the first 20k reservations so I expect an early wave invitation, and I'll be really disappointed if for some reason there aren't any Pros available to order.
It will be interesting to watch all the upcoming "wave" threads to see what is reported as unavailable. Besides trim you may also be restricted to either standard or extended battery.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It will be interesting to watch all the upcoming "wave" threads to see what is reported as unavailable. Besides trim you may also be restricted to either standard or extended battery.
Also, colors and options.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Options yes. Colors not so much. Colors are shared across multiple models, so if Ford starts running out of them, that's a sign of pretty serious problems.
They ran out of 2 colors for Mach-e production this year - blue and silver.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
They ran out of 2 colors for Mach-e production this year - blue and silver.
They didn't make blue, except 1st Edition and GT. Since then blue was expanded to all MME trims. They stopped making gray with a slight bluish hint and another shade of gray. And those colors were not used on any other models. Those colors were simply discontinued. Not a big loss. There are still other shades of gray available.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you look at the data granger ford is providing in the pricing and ordering forum it seems like ford is having trouble scheduling the higher trims for production due to parts shortages. If ford wants to produce as many trucks as they can they may have to produce more xlt and pros lightnings.
Obviously things could change in the next 6 months.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
They didn't make blue, except 1st Edition and GT. Since then blue was expanded to all MME trims. They stopped making gray with a slight bluish hint and another shade of gray. And those colors were not used on any other models. Those colors were simply discontinued. Not a big loss. There are still other shades of gray available.
Both of the discontinued grays on the Mach E, Infinite Blue & Carbonized Gray, were shared with several vehicles. Most of original MME color palette was simply the Explorer choices anyway.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Both of the discontinued grays on the Mach E, Infinite Blue & Carbonized Gray, were shared with several vehicles. Most of original MME color palette was simply the Explorer choices anyway.
Discontinued is the key word.
Sponsored