Sponsored

Vibration thru gas pedal

Deleted member 2919

I don’t notice it as much in neutral as I do in drive, especially up a hill or at highway speed. It’s definitely isolated to the pedal Bc In cruise control the truck feels fine. I’ve even taken my shoes off in cruise control and felt the pedal and it’s vibrating like a power tool
This is one of the most wild and crazy things I have ever heard. I personally would be very uneasy and completely unable to focus on driving if I was experiencing what you are describing. Best of luck to you friend.
Sponsored

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I don’t notice it as much in neutral as I do in drive, especially up a hill or at highway speed. It’s definitely isolated to the pedal Bc In cruise control the truck feels fine. I’ve even taken my shoes off in cruise control and felt the pedal and it’s vibrating like a power tool
I'm also experiencing some vibrations at moderate highway speeds and especially up hills. Not sure if this is the same sensation that you and others in this thread are reporting. Mine is almost a sense of slight bucking that you would feel if lugging a gear in manual transmission. It's not severe but enough to bug me pretty much every time I drive it. Can anyone confirm this is what you are experiencing or is mine a different issue?

burntire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I'm also experiencing some vibrations at moderate highway speeds and especially up hills. Not sure if this is the same sensation that you and others in this thread are reporting. Mine is almost a sense of slight bucking that you would feel if lugging a gear in manual transmission. It's not severe but enough to bug me pretty much every time I drive it. Can anyone confirm this is what you are experiencing or is mine a different issue?
I have an odd vibration around 60-70MPH only when slightly on the gas. Let off the gas pedal and it goes away. Change gears and its still there. I also notice the slight bucking when accelerating at highway speeds. I'm gonna take it in and see what service says.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
I am now getting vibrations on the gas pedal. Very noticeable at highway speeds and after a while the toes become numb? What going on Ford?

Millb67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I think it has something to do with the actual accelerator assembly. I took a peek at mine. If you have the adjustable pedals, push the button to bring the pedals all the way out (so the pedals are closest to you). Feel behind the accelerator and feel for a threaded rod. Try wiggling that rod. Mine is loose as anything. Maybe that’s the issue??

Sponsored

Millb67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just got back from the truck being at Ford. They claim it’s the adjustable pedals that are the issue.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have the same problem. Its gets really bad when I'm on an incline and trying to keep the speed the same. It almost feels like the entire truck is shaking.

Drove my wife's 2013 Ford Edge with 80k miled yesterday and sad to say that was a smoother ride. No peddle shake or rough idle.

I also have what I think is a pretty rough idle on cold start.

3.5 ecoboost Lariat
Adjustable pedals

Last edited:

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Anyone complaining about this issue really needs to mention if their truck has the adjustable pedals and which engine they have if anyone is to speculate on the problem.

Last edited:

Millb67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I currently have the 21 with the 3.5L & adjustable pedals.
I had a 19 5.0L and adjustable pedals with the same issue. That’s why I got rid of it. It’s like deja vu.

Sponsored

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
A little history, mind you that excessive vibration is subjective.

Mustangs 2016 GT, 2017 Eco, and 2020 GT no vibration at all
2012 and 2017 Edge 3.5 minor vibration
2018 Taurus AWD 3.5 minor vibration
2013 F150 Platinum 2x4 3.5 adjustable pedals the worst but still minor
2016 F150 XLT 4x4 2.7 minor vibration

This is just to let you know this is not new or exclusive to the F150.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Spoke to my dealer about this and they have a lot of customers complaining about it. They said they are currently waiting on Ford to provide some guidance on the issue he mentioned some type of update to the PCM is what he had heard.

andrew82

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
cdl driver
I just got my 2021 3.5 ecoboost last week. I test drove it and it was great. unfortunately, I didn’t take it in the highway. Big mistake. I figured it drove well and it’s a brand new truck. Well on the way home I noticed a vibration in the gas peddle and it’s pretty bad. Made my foot feel tingly. I mean, I’m sitting here on a Saturday night looking this up to see if I’m not alone, obviously I’m not. I got 400 miles on this truck and I’m already considering getting rid of it.

Lovett88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Got truck back after a total of 19 days at dealership, after many trial n error procedures finally got a fix on vibration issue...angle of driveshaft was off to the rear axel,some shims were ordered and installed and seems good so far but time will tell. Will update after some Miles are put on.?
Sponsored