Vibration thru gas pedal

sp468

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Anyone experiencing an intermittent vibration or light grinding feeling through the accelerator pedal? Seems to happen mostly at 1500+ RPMS. I thought it was because I have the adjustable pedals but I drove another 2021 with the adjustable pedals today and there was no vibration. There are several old threads on this issue and the theorys have been the adjustable pedals resonating with the engine or various issues with the exhaust being loose, unbalanced drive shaft, transmission issues. Etc. One thread on this issue from years past was 46 pages long but I dont see where anyone ever came up with a definite cause or remedy. I have an appointment with my dealer next week to look at this but they say they have never heard of this. Anyone else with this issue? Thanks
Sponsored

Silverr1ride

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Sales
Anyone experiencing an intermittent vibration or light grinding feeling through the accelerator pedal? Seems to happen mostly at 1500+ RPMS. I thought it was because I have the adjustable pedals but I drove another 2021 with the adjustable pedals today and there was no vibration. There are several old threads on this issue and the theorys have been the adjustable pedals resonating with the engine or various issues with the exhaust being loose, unbalanced drive shaft, transmission issues. Etc. One thread on this issue from years past was 46 pages long but I dont see where anyone ever came up with a definite cause or remedy. I have an appointment with my dealer next week to look at this but they say they have never heard of this. Anyone else with this issue? Thanks
I have it at 1300 rpm or 50 mph. Goes away at 53 mph.

Millb67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have the same issue too. Only 2000 miles on the truck. Started doing it around 1000miles or so. Very annoying. My 19 lariat did the same

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
Engine? My 2.7 does vibrate at stops. No fancy pedals tho.

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
yup my 2.7 for sure does this. Quite noticeable. Lariat 502a

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The dealers usually act like any problems on a new truck is some crazy anomaly they’ve never seen or heard of before. Even if there’s a manufacture’s TSB on it.

I also have the adjustable pedals. I have the 5.0 and feel nothing through the controls. No vibrations or anything, they almost feel like an arcade game. I would actually like more feedback from the steering and brakes.

There’s only about 500 miles on the truck, so it can change, I had the door squeak that people have been complaining about start at 200 miles.

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
I just came on here to search this as I've noticed the same thing since day 1 and it's either getting worse or I'm noticing it more.

Grinding type of vibration through the gas pedal. I haven't checked rpms yet but went through turning off the a/c, music etc to eliminate what I could.

I've got the 5.0 with adjustable pedals ..

Lovett88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Took our 2021 f150 lariat in for vibration so bad your foot goes numb,dealer had for 4days and says it’s normal. Not very happy. Hopefully Ford issues recall and fixes if enough complaints.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 days to say something is normal? I have driven hundreds of different cars and have never experienced anything close to what is described. Definitely not normal at all.

Vibration so bad that one’s foot goes numb is definitely abnormal. I have ridden 40 hours straight on a V-twin motorcycle and never had that problem. Are we talking using a chainsaw numb? Because that would be crazy and most certainly would require a recall if this is a common issue.

Looking at the parts catalog, it appears that there are two different types of pedals; one with a throttle cable and one without. It’s possible that the problem is with one of those and not the other, which one; who knows?

Ford F-150 Vibration thru gas pedal 7CD86211-AF4B-47D3-A327-AFCA5FFE0C2F

My truck has the 5.0, adjustable pedals and Copilot Assist 2.0

Ford F-150 Vibration thru gas pedal 85654D46-847B-4D4C-BA4B-D5D408F01C06

Ford F-150 Vibration thru gas pedal 7E5F243E-62B8-4787-B6DC-C6F32D1A68B7

it has the pedal with just a wire connection.

It’s also possible, with some work and only if you can feel the vibration badly at idle, or high idle; to visualize it with a timing light. If that is the case, you might be able to video record it. Since anecdotal reports are less impactful and more problematic to save for posterity than a rusty rear axle.

Good luck everybody!

Millb67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am curious if it’s got something to do with the pedal itself. Is there a way to change the pedal out to something different?

Sponsored

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Seems like this was a problem in the previous generation also. People seemed to fix it by placing dampening materials between the pedal assembly the the firewall. The feeling was that it was vibrations coming through the firewall and into the pedal. They thought the firewall was aluminum and that may be causing it to vibrate more but I have no idea if that is true. Seems like the thing they settles on was a sorbothane sheet and some people were using rubber washers on the bolts as well (and I am sure this required the use of longer bolts)

Lovett88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Seems like this was a problem in the previous generation also. People seemed to fix it by placing dampening materials between the pedal assembly the the firewall. The feeling was that it was vibrations coming through the firewall and into the pedal. They thought the firewall was aluminum and that may be causing it to vibrate more but I have no idea if that is true. Seems like the thing they settles on was a sorbothane sheet and some people were using rubber washers on the bolts as well (and I am sure this required the use of longer bolts)
Seen those posts also and will probably end up doing that,the vibration gets worse in the higher gears (7-10) in the 47-55 mph range an even worse at that range going up hills. You can feel in you feet on passenger side floorboard also. Making appointment at different dealership next to see if I get any acknowledgement of a problem. Will post that soon.

Lovett88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
4 days to say something is normal? I have driven hundreds of different cars and have never experienced anything close to what is described. Definitely not normal at all.

Vibration so bad that one’s foot goes numb is definitely abnormal. I have ridden 40 hours straight on a V-twin motorcycle and never had that problem. Are we talking using a chainsaw numb? Because that would be crazy and most certainly would require a recall if this is a common issue.

Looking at the parts catalog, it appears that there are two different types of pedals; one with a throttle cable and one without. It’s possible that the problem is with one of those and not the other, which one; who knows?

7CD86211-AF4B-47D3-A327-AFCA5FFE0C2F.png

My truck has the 5.0, adjustable pedals and Copilot Assist 2.0

85654D46-847B-4D4C-BA4B-D5D408F01C06.jpeg

7E5F243E-62B8-4787-B6DC-C6F32D1A68B7.jpeg

it has the pedal with just a wire connection.

It’s also possible, with some work and only if you can feel the vibration badly at idle, or high idle; to visualize it with a timing light. If that is the case, you might be able to video record it. Since anecdotal reports are less impactful and more problematic to save for posterity than a rusty rear axle.

Good luck everybody!
Have the adjustable pedal and vibration is way worse when closer to you than floor. Driving around town you barely notice but once your up to speed it’s extremely annoying and vibration can be felt on floorboard of passenger side also. Traded a 2016 in with same engine but not a 10 speed,it was a great truck.no vibration issues ever. Both 3.5.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does this vibration happen in neutral too? I wonder if it could be a drivetrain issue. A poorly balanced driveshaft can certainly cause issues with vibration. It might explain why sometimes the problem isn’t initially noticeable.

Millb67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I don’t notice it as much in neutral as I do in drive, especially up a hill or at highway speed. It’s definitely isolated to the pedal Bc In cruise control the truck feels fine. I’ve even taken my shoes off in cruise control and felt the pedal and it’s vibrating like a power tool
Sponsored