Vibration thru gas pedal

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Nope, if you had a Tundra your foot would not be asleep because it would be in the shop and not being driven! I'm speaking from experience, I just traded a 22 Platinum Tundra two weeks ago for my first Ford.

Unfortunately, my only complaint is this pedal vibration and a reverberation noise in the cab at highway speeds. Other than those two things, I love the truck.
Dang! That’s some bad luck re Tundra and new F150 issues. What was wrong with the Tundra?

Has Ford looked at your truck yet?

Mine is going in on Tuesday with a literal spreadsheet of issues, with the top issue being the diminished ride quality / vibrations. My salesman is going to take me out in another brand new Powerboost to compare.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Donas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired LEO
Dang! That’s some bad luck re Tundra and new F150 issues. What was wrong with the Tundra?

Has Ford looked at your truck yet?

Mine is going in on Tuesday with a literal spreadsheet of issues, with the top issue being the diminished ride quality / vibrations. My salesman is going to take me out in another brand new Powerboost to compare.
The primary Tundra issue was AC related. After waiting months for the build, it finally arrived and AC didn't work on the test drive. Long story short, spent over 30 days in service on the first visit due to lack of cooperation with corporate Toyota. It went back in 3-4 more times for AC and other misc issues. I will definitely never own that brand again, terrible, lying service from corporate case managers down to local service managers.

My Ford goes in this Wed for the vibration. Unfortunately, I noticed yesterday small puddles of oil in my garge...sheesh, can anyone just make a product that functions as it should, particularly in this price range! I will say, I'm loving the Ford though! Power went out today and I ran three refrigerators off it, no sweat.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The primary Tundra issue was AC related. After waiting months for the build, it finally arrived and AC didn't work on the test drive. Long story short, spent over 30 days in service on the first visit due to lack of cooperation with corporate Toyota. It went back in 3-4 more times for AC and other misc issues. I will definitely never own that brand again, terrible, lying service from corporate case managers down to local service managers.

My Ford goes in this Wed for the vibration. Unfortunately, I noticed yesterday small puddles of oil in my garge...sheesh, can anyone just make a product that functions as it should, particularly in this price range! I will say, I'm loving the Ford though! Power went out today and I ran three refrigerators off it, no sweat.
What a nightmare.

A lot of brands are struggling these days. My Canadian relatives (no lemon law!) spent three months in summer without AC in their brand new Honda Pilot - I had a terrible experience with a new Subaru (my older 2013 Impreza was flawless - 9 trouble free years til it was totaled).

I appreciate Ford’s innovation, features, comfort and looks but I will be really unsettled if I have to make too many more service visits. Keep us posted and I’ll do the same. These forums are really helpful.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The last couple of posts certainly give evidence of a global issue that crosses the boundaries of brands.
It's a mess and it's complicated.

Oh, and so are the products themselves. Complex, I mean.
If you get a Powerboost F150 and there's nothing wrong with it, you kinda wonder how's that possible?

They built 1500 F150's that same DAY and not one wire crimp, or hose clamp, or sensor was missed?

On mine there were only 4 bolts holding the tailgate work surface skin on. The other 6 or so bolts were in the driver's side door lower bin.

That's been the only sign so far of an assembly line gotcha. 1 year, 2 weeks in, I think I got a good one.

Jarrid_Watts_1969

First Name
Jarrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Managing Director
Update: I developed an additional vibration issue with my A/T3Ws which I wasn’t sure was relayed to the gas pedal vibration. Ultimately they swapped them for KO2s and the overall feel of the truck improved — less vibration in steering wheel, floor boards, etc. Unfortunately, my gas pedal is terrible. At least a tech will be able to sense it right away.

Some have suggested that this is a flaw with adjustable pedals. When I drop the pedals closest to the floor and continue holding the switch, pedal feels decent. When I let go, oscillating vibration returns. Anyone know if I can just get rid of the adjustable pedals or if this is the root of the problem? I’m waiting on corporate to give guidance to lt dealer before I go down a service rabbit hole… I’ve already spent an inordinate amount of time dealing with this.

Also, there is some play in the pedal. Can this be adjusted?
Mine did the same thing! There is a rivot pin in the plastic housing for the throttle position sensor. It is extremely loose and has thin plastic washers. I am convinced the issue lies somewhere in this general area!

Ford F-150 Vibration thru gas pedal IMG_8735

Sponsored

Donas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired LEO
I had a service appointment for this vibration, but prior to the appointment, my brand new truck developed what the service technician referred to as "the worst oil leak I've ever seen on a new truck". Nevertheless, I just got my truck back today after sitting in the service department for 10 days! According to the technician, they test drove my truck three times and cannot sense any abnormal vibration, sounds, or reverberation feeling.

To add insult to injury, they treated me like an absolute moron and said the vibration was the lane keeping assist! These people must forget with modern technology we can just look at the app and see when and how far the truck was driven. They test drove my truck one time on the first day it was in the shop for about 10 miles, stopping at Starbucks for 20 minutes on the way back.

An uninvolved party, at this Ford dealership, told me off the record he thinks it's the tires Ford is putting on the f-150s now. He tried to get the service department to switch tires and they refused. I did test drive a Lariat while I was there and the vibration in that truck / pedal was way worse than mine. I guess it made me realize I should just be happy with what I have. I don't know if they will sell that Lariat or not as bad as it drives.

I was told to call Ford and get a case manager assigned, which I did Monday. It seems the service received from these people may possibly be worse than the service department itself. This is my first venture into the Ford product line, not a stellar start!

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Mine did the same thing! There is a rivot pin in the plastic housing for the throttle position sensor. It is extremely loose and has thin plastic washers. I am convinced the issue lies somewhere in this general area!

IMG_8735.jpeg
“Normal”
I had a service appointment for this vibration, but prior to the appointment, my brand new truck developed what the service technician referred to as "the worst oil leak I've ever seen on a new truck". Nevertheless, I just got my truck back today after sitting in the service department for 10 days! According to the technician, they test drove my truck three times and cannot sense any abnormal vibration, sounds, or reverberation feeling.

To add insult to injury, they treated me like an absolute moron and said the vibration was the lane keeping assist! These people must forget with modern technology we can just look at the app and see when and how far the truck was driven. They test drove my truck one time on the first day it was in the shop for about 10 miles, stopping at Starbucks for 20 minutes on the way back.

An uninvolved party, at this Ford dealership, told me off the record he thinks it's the tires Ford is putting on the f-150s now. He tried to get the service department to switch tires and they refused. I did test drive a Lariat while I was there and the vibration in that truck / pedal was way worse than mine. I guess it made me realize I should just be happy with what I have. I don't know if they will sell that Lariat or not as bad as it drives.

I was told to call Ford and get a case manager assigned, which I did Monday. It seems the service received from these people may possibly be worse than the service department itself. This is my first venture into the Ford product line, not a stellar start!
Wow. I’m so sorry. You can check my other post — I’ve decided to trade mine over this issue rather than keep taking it in. I’m bummed about it and it’s going to cost me at least $10k.

Donas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired LEO

Wow. I’m so sorry. You can check my other post — I’ve decided to trade mine over this issue rather than keep taking it in. I’m bummed about it and it’s going to cost me at least $10k.

I got into this Ford by trading in a 2022 Tundra that was nothing but problems. I'm not ready to go down that road again. If it doesn't get any worse than it is now, I can live with it. Particularly, after driving another that was so bad.

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
I to have this same pedal vibration. I haven't found exactly what it is but I'm 90% sure its a wind based vibration. It gets way worse on windy days. Driving into the wind its quite bad, Turning around and going with the wind its more or less gone.
I kinda suspect those two fiber skid plates/Underbody shields. Especially the small one between the lower a arms. Not supported very well. Was thinking of taking one off at a time for a week each and see what happened.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is an incredibly interesting theory and not one I’ve heard before in my extensive reading of issue. If for some reason you’re right and it works on mine, I’m sending you a generous gift. I’m willing to try anything right now other than “take it in” and let them reiterate that it’s all in my head.

To your point, I’ve mentioned that sometimes one leg of an out and back trip will be worse and couldn’t wrap my head around why. So, very interesting indeed.

Sponsored

21F150Limited0702

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Steel industry Ultrasonic Tech
I to have this same pedal vibration. I haven't found exactly what it is but I'm 90% sure its a wind based vibration. It gets way worse on windy days. Driving into the wind its quite bad, Turning around and going with the wind its more or less gone.
I kinda suspect those two fiber skid plates/Underbody shields. Especially the small one between the lower a arms. Not supported very well. Was thinking of taking one off at a time for a week each and see what happened.
I too am going to try this.
I have a 21 Powerboost and the feedback/vibration is horrible at 50-60mph right in the sweet spot of my driving. I have been trying to do research and figure out what causes this as well.
Has anyone tried seeing if it could be the front plastic air dam that drops down at speed for aerodynamic? I have laid under the truck and that front piece seems pretty loose, as I know it's a functional piece that lowers at certain speeds to help with aerodynamics?
I'm willing to try anything as well, hopefully someone comes along and finds this fix.
Ford F-150 Vibration thru gas pedal IMG_20230429_162130025_HDR

Last edited:

LariatSpaceWhite2.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 2.7
I took am going to try this.
I have a 21 Powerboost and the feedback/vibration is horrible at 50-60mph right in the sweet spot of my driving. I have been trying to do research and figure out what causes this as well.
Has anyone tried seeing if it could be the front plastic air dam that drops down at speed for aerodynamic? I have laid under the truck and that front piece seems pretty loose, as I know it's a functional piece that lowers at certain speeds to help with aerodynamics?
I'm willing to try anything as well, hopefully someone comes along and finds this fix.
IMG_20230429_162130025_HDR.jpg
You've probably tried this already, but have you tried manually downshifting when you feel it a gear or two to see if with increased RPM the pedal vibration goes away. Wondering if it's not the wind but the extra load at low RPM lugging into a headwind making it worse.

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
You've probably tried this already, but have you tried manually downshifting when you feel it a gear or two to see if with increased RPM the pedal vibration goes away. Wondering if it's not the wind but the extra load at low RPM lugging into a headwind making it worse.
You can take this one step farther and turn off the engine when you feel the vibration. I've done this, My vibration is not caused by the engine.

LariatSpaceWhite2.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 2.7
You can take this one step farther and turn off the engine when you feel the vibration. I've done this, My vibration is not caused by the engine.
Very true. Crazy that it's not engine related...sounds like it's a high frequency vibration too, which my mind then goes to wind-related like has been mentioned here or maybe drivetrain or wheel related? Weird, weird issue.

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Very true. Crazy that it's not engine related...sounds like it's a high frequency vibration too, which my mind then goes to wind-related like has been mentioned here or maybe drivetrain or wheel related? Weird, weird issue.
I was heavily leaning towards a tire issue. But when I just rotated my tires nothing changed.
Sponsored