Vibration thru gas pedal

gagliano7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 XL STX BAP 5.0 3:73
2023 XL crew 5.0 4wd 3:73 this morning on the wat to work my started vibrating, humming and felt like grinding. The faster i went the worse it felt. Temp was 28 degrees to day but never had thsi problem before. I only have 273 miles on it. When i stopped at the stop sign i put it in 4H then back to 2H. Still had the problem then 15 seconds later problem was gone. The one thing i noticed my trans temp barely moved on my whole ride. Every other time the trans temp is half way on the gauge.
Sponsored

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
I have this issue on a brand new one. What’s funny is my Wrangler with MT tires vibrates 10,000% more but doesn’t bother me or really cause any physical discomfort. The F150 cabin is so utterly quiet and composed, however, not only do I notice it more, but my foot and leg tingle. Not good. I’m guessing I will be using cruise control a lot past break in period.

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 302A SCrew 5.0 157" 4x4
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing
I recently felt a humming/buzzing/vibrating under my feet and when I posted about it, I was directed to a long thread about the left front (IWE) integrated wheel end. Trying to put itself into 4wd without being asked to. Prevalent at temps below freezing.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2023 XL crew 5.0 4wd 3:73 this morning on the wat to work my started vibrating, humming and felt like grinding. The faster i went the worse it felt. Temp was 28 degrees to day but never had thsi problem before. I only have 273 miles on it. When i stopped at the stop sign i put it in 4H then back to 2H. Still had the problem then 15 seconds later problem was gone. The one thing i noticed my trans temp barely moved on my whole ride. Every other time the trans temp is half way on the gauge.
Good afternoon! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I recently felt a humming/buzzing/vibrating under my feet and when I posted about it, I was directed to a long thread about the left front (IWE) integrated wheel end. Trying to put itself into 4wd without being asked to. Prevalent at temps below freezing.
Hi Glen. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Sponsored

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did the thread lead you to believe that there’s a definitive dealer diagnosis and resolution?

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing
Did the thread lead you to believe that there’s a definitive dealer diagnosis and resolution?
Not really.

There was a suggestion that the lube in the hub at temps below freezing did not allow the hub to disengage properly.

Another was that due to the low temps, the system was trying to engage 4wd because it either needed to get warmed up internally or that it assumed slippery conditions when that cold.

A lot of people took their trucks in to their dealers and got the “can’t duplicate the condition” line. Some got their IWE replaced under warranty and had success.

Like many issues, it sounds like a PITA to get resolved. I took delivery of my 2023 302A February 6th. This issue did not appear until 2,200 miles on a 21-degree morning. Since it has warmed up in Tennessee, I have not felt this condition repeat itself.

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not really.

There was a suggestion that the lube in the hub at temps below freezing did not allow the hub to disengage properly.

Another was that due to the low temps, the system was trying to engage 4wd because it either needed to get warmed up internally or that it assumed slippery conditions when that cold.

A lot of people took their trucks in to their dealers and got the “can’t duplicate the condition” line. Some got their IWE replaced under warranty and had success.

Like many issues, it sounds like a PITA to get resolved. I took delivery of my 2023 302A February 6th. This issue did not appear until 2,200 miles on a 21-degree morning. Since it has warmed up in Tennessee, I have not felt this condition repeat itself.
It’s been mostly around freezing where I live since buying this truck, so I’m definitely curious if it will improve with the weather. I hope so because I plan on doing a lot of road tripping this summer.

A PITA indeed… one I don’t want / need. I will live with it until there’s a critical mass of people who swear they resolved it without any pushback from the dealers.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My first 4WD F150 without IWE's.

Not sure why Ford would delete them on my 2022 KingRanch Powerboost, but not on my 2021 Platinum Powerboost. But I'm happy to be done with them honestly.

Ford has a TSB for the previous generation F150, and if equipped with 4A transfer case, Ford recommends removing vacuum from the IWE and cap the lines off. Effectively disabling them.

Sponsored

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing
It’s been mostly around freezing where I live since buying this truck, so I’m definitely curious if it will improve with the weather. I hope so because I plan on doing a lot of road tripping this summer.

A PITA indeed… one I don’t want / need. I will live with it until there’s a critical mass of people who swear they resolved it without any pushback from the dealers.
https://www.f150forum.com/f129/front-end-roar-sounds-like-bad-wheel-bearing-517992/

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing
I did the same. No effect.

Intermittently came back.

I don’t have 4A, either.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
My first 4WD F150 without IWE's.

Not sure why Ford would delete them on my 2022 KingRanch Powerboost, but not on my 2021 Platinum Powerboost. But I'm happy to be done with them honestly.

Ford has a TSB for the previous generation F150, and if equipped with 4A transfer case, Ford recommends removing vacuum from the IWE and cap the lines off. Effectively disabling them.
Haha ha, you just hit 8k

gagliano7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 XL STX BAP 5.0 3:73
This morning 23 degrees 5 minutes into my ride the roar started. Stopped right away this time and while parked put it into 4H then back to 2H and after driving for about 15 seconds the roar went away. Trans temp never increased on my ride to work which is about 20 minutes up and down hills. Last week it read half way before i made it to work. On the way home yesterday with temp around 50 degrees no problems. I will bring it to the dealer next week but just want to see if it does it when it is warm in morning. Because it is warming up here and i don't want the dealer to say we can't duplicate.
Sponsored