Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 5.0 302a
Occupation
Engineer
Hey Hockeyman,
Any chance you have any more details on what your Dealer did, or if they followed a sanctioned Ford remedy for those rubber washers? I’ve only got about 10,000 miles on my 21 f150 tremor, but the vibration has been getting worse the last few thousand miles and I had it at the dealer today, but they said they were no issues found. Thanks!
I don't think it was a Ford remedy, just something the tech must have come up with. They removed the bolts holding the pedal to the firewall and added 1/8th inch rubber washers. It helped a fair amount but is still noticeable. The true solution would be to eliminate the hard connection to the firewall (not an easy tast as we're talking a custom solution) I think the remaining vibration is coming through the bolts themselves then to the pedal assembly.
Sponsored

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
I don't think it was a Ford remedy, just something the tech must have come up with. They removed the bolts holding the pedal to the firewall and added 1/8th inch rubber washers. It helped a fair amount but is still noticeable. The true solution would be to eliminate the hard connection to the firewall (not an easy tast as we're talking a custom solution) I think the remaining vibration is coming through the bolts themselves then to the pedal assembly.
Thanks, I’ll pass this along! Appreciate it.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Wondering if the bolts are long enough to add rubber washers underneath the pedal assembly and between the bolt head and pedal assembly, or if maybe slightly longer bolts might be required.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Just picked up my XLT two days ago. having the exact same issue. Mine is a 2.7 XLT built in Dearborn Facility. It is not speed related, the steering wheel is fine, brake pad is fine. I thought it has something to do with the engine, but after seeing people having same issue on all engines, I am leaning towards the transmission issue. And also I have noticed that a lot of times the gear just jumped from 1 to 3, skipped the 2nd gear.
Skipping gears is by design. Not an issue.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey Hockeyman,
Any chance you have any more details on what your Dealer did, or if they followed a sanctioned Ford remedy for those rubber washers? I’ve only got about 10,000 miles on my 21 f150 tremor, but the vibration has been getting worse the last few thousand miles and I had it at the dealer today, but they said they were no issues found. Thanks!
Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s vibration concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Man I thought it was just me going crazy... 2 day old 2022 Termor with a buzz in the gas pedal... Ford where is the fix... Obviously something is wrong or poorly designed.
Poorly designed, and probably no fix coming.

For all of the cool, advanced things these trucks are capable of, Ford somehow went backwards on the basics that were mostly ironed out decades ago. I'm very torn on how I feel about mine every time I drive it.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s vibration concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
It would be great to mix these messages up a bit. Insert puns. Make them entertaining.

For example here you could wrap it up by saying “Send us your VIN in a DM and we’ll buzz along and get started on it.”

On ProPower issues you could make puns about being shocked.

On paint/glass problems you could say this isn’t reflective of who you are.

On suspension issues you could say you’re feeling rattled.

On OTA issues you could say “We will keep you updated”.

Just mix it up a bit to entertain us because you know just as well as we do that those support tickets do nothing.

Costjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost FX4
Hi

I have been reading about gas pedal vibrations for two weeks now. I don't think it is the pedal assembly because it just started a few weeks ago and I have over 230, 000 km on my truck.

I have a 2011 F150 3.5 Ecoboost with 230,000 km and the vibration started a few weeks ago. I have the vibration between 40km to 85 km per hour and I also hear a light humming from either my tires or somewhere in the front end. But the humming could be me being oversensitive to everything going on. When I go 100 to 120 km per hour no vibrations :) I cannot figure this out.

Last week I did the following
  1. Replaced both front O2 sensors - Bank 1 - sensor 1 and Bank 2 - sensor 2
  2. Replace the sparkplugs and gapped at .30 - the engine is running awesome.
  3. I rotated the front tires to the back two days ago - no change in pedal vibration
  4. Inspected the front brakes - even wear on the pads, no issues with the rotors
  5. Checked the front differential fluid level - Good.
I don't know what to do. I don't want to take it to the dealer and pay $150 hr for them to say the same thing. I feel like I am on a ticking time bomb and will have a catastrophic failure on my truck.

Any help is appreciated!

Sponsored

JonesyTremor

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Tremor
Anyone experiencing an intermittent vibration or light grinding feeling through the accelerator pedal? Seems to happen mostly at 1500+ RPMS. I thought it was because I have the adjustable pedals but I drove another 2021 with the adjustable pedals today and there was no vibration. There are several old threads on this issue and the theorys have been the adjustable pedals resonating with the engine or various issues with the exhaust being loose, unbalanced drive shaft, transmission issues. Etc. One thread on this issue from years past was 46 pages long but I dont see where anyone ever came up with a definite cause or remedy. I have an appointment with my dealer next week to look at this but they say they have never heard of this. Anyone else with this issue? Thanks
Do you have Torsen front axel?

codeblue48

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 401A package w/torsen
I just picked up my 2022 Tremor 401A and noticed the buzzing gas pedal at around 300 miles on the ODO. It's annoying and really ruins the driving experience for me. I also have the front torsen LSD.

Im wondering if the tires need to be rebalanced? Anyone try this?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I just picked up my 2022 Tremor 401A and noticed the buzzing gas pedal at around 300 miles on the ODO. It's annoying and really ruins the driving experience for me. I also have the front torsen LSD.

Good morning! I would like to check out your pedal vibration concern. Please send over your VIN and Ford dealer information in a private message.

JonesyTremor

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Tremor

Same dang issue! Balanced tires yesterday and nope. Dang waste of a good truck. Same set up you have.
Sponsored