Sponsored

Vibration thru gas pedal

gagniertom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor on order...
21’ Tremor 9k miles- adjustable pedals and torsen diff here. I experience the pedal vibration significantly at highway speeds (55-75)and intermittently at speeds below now for the past 3-4k miles. Very frustrating to say the least.

Would very much appreciate are fix here…

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Sorry guys.

This is designated by Ford as "normal"

Just another one of their "normal" stamps that shouldn't be applied to $70k trucks.

JonesyTremor

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Tremor
Sorry guys.

This is designated by Ford as "normal"

Just another one of their "normal" stamps that shouldn't be applied to $70k trucks.
What about a resonator delete to maybe change tone to alter Harmonic vibration??? Seems to have helped raptor guys with our exhaust set up.

Sponsored

JonesyTremor

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Tremor
UPDATE! Read a ton on forums and came across issues with a raptor… So for $12 what the heck. Used JB weld around clamps connecting exhaust and where resonator meets cats, has two bolts connecting, and the buzz/vibration is 95% gone. I have done after market exhausts before with clamps and had this issue and had a shop weld up… All I really feel now is road feedback which I have no issues with. Anyways now a little more pleasurable to drive. Still feel there is design or issue with how pedal
Connects to firewall or driveline design cause vibration…. Again this experiment helped me be able to at least drive the thing.

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
UPDATE! Read a ton on forums and came across issues with a raptor… So for $12 what the heck. Used JB weld around clamps connecting exhaust and where resonator meets cats, has two bolts connecting, and the buzz/vibration is 95% gone. I have done after market exhausts before with clamps and had this issue and had a shop weld up… All I really feel now is road feedback which I have no issues with. Anyways now a little more pleasurable to drive. Still feel there is design or issue with how pedal
Connects to firewall or driveline design cause vibration…. Again this experiment helped me be able to at least drive the thing.
Hey man glad to hear that! I’m not much of handy mechanic/never worked on cars. Mind sending me a private message with a little more detail?? Thanks!

JonesyTremor

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Tremor
What about a resonator delete to maybe change tone to alter Harmonic vibration??? Seems to have helped raptor guys with our exhaust set up.
Honestly changed to work shoes and feels the same. Learning to live with or going to Ram I test drove. Honestly love ford but quality is bad and never did I have issues with my Ram Rebel. Thing was a beast.

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
My 2.7 EB has 1100 miles. The last few hundred, when I press the accelerator I feel a slight rough feeling with some minor vibration. It is annoying. It was not like this new. Does this sound like the issue you all are describing? It only happens when I have my foot on the gas, even slightly. It is no longer butter smooth like it was at first.

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
It's getting worse. Feels like shit and like something is rubbing against something that shouldn't. Vibrating and humming feeling, like its got metal somewhere it shouldn't. Did not have this at all in first few hundred miles. Calling local ford dealer tomorrow.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It's getting worse. Feels like shit and like something is rubbing against something that shouldn't. Vibrating and humming feeling, like its got metal somewhere it shouldn't. Did not have this at all in first few hundred miles. Calling local ford dealer tomorrow.
Good afternoon. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this vibration concern for you? Thank you!

ABOB747

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
parts sales
I have a 2022 XLT FX4 3.5EB that is doing this exact same thing. There is a heavy rotational vibration/grinding at pretty much any speed and road condition. This truck was a special order, and the pedal has felt like shit since day 1. The truck has 4,000 miles on it and it's been to the dealer three times already. Colley Ford has been exceptionally useless at identifying any problems as their service process is to go drive other trucks on the lot until they find one that vibrates. At that point they gas light your ass and act like you're complaining about nothing. I believe this is a trained service procedure at most Ford dealerships now.
This is extremely annoying/dangerous for a brand new $65k truck to have this issue and be totally ignored. I don't trust this truck and honestly don't want to hook my 12,000lb trailer up to it. Let alone drive my family in it. At this point I'm not going to sell the truck I'm going to look into my legal options. I'm in the process of getting a second party review and doing a VSS isolation on the pedal itself. Ford advising that a heavy vibration in a CONTROL DEVICE is "normal" is going to come back to bite them in the ass.

ttnuagmada

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4 5.0
I have something going on with mine that I can barely feel in the pedal. From 50-55mph there's a bit of a whine/hum that I think is coming from the rear, that I think is related. Not tied to engine speed or gear, but it does seem related to throttle position. IE if I have to give it a little throttle to keep from losing speed up a hill, it seems a little louder. It's fairly subtle though, if I'm not on a quiet road with the stereo off and AC down, I can't really hear it.

Im pretty sure it's been there from day one (im at 8k miles, this is a 2021). I've had the tires rotated since then, so Im pretty sure it's not tires. I also don't think it's gotten worse, if it has, it's only a little bit. I mostly think I've just become more aware of the sound when I hear it.

I'm taking her to the dealer next week to have a couple of recalls taken care of, but I brought this up to them and they're supposed to check it out, though I don't have high hopes that they're going to do anything.

JonesyTremor

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Tremor
So looks like my truck will go in for TSB 22-2224 and that should also reset transmission. Hope this fixes my issue. Drove a Ram limited with etorque and the engine and transmission is so smooth it’s cra cra. Damn ford you are going to loose market share if quality does not improve!

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
So looks like my truck will go in for TSB 22-2224 and that should also reset transmission. Hope this fixes my issue. Drove a Ram limited with etorque and the engine and transmission is so smooth it’s cra cra. Damn ford you are going to loose market share if quality does not improve!
I test drove a few Rams before settling on the F150, and I think about how smooth they were every time I feel a jerky shift, rough EV-ICE transition, or acceleration vibration in my truck....which is every day. It's too bad about the gas mileage in those trucks.
Sponsored