Millb67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I
Goodness. This is so sad that it’s still happening on the newer models. I bought a 2015 3.5 ecoboost adjustable pedals last year and love every single thing about it except this vibration. It’s not even that bad but it drives me crazy. To answer a question some had, it’s not just the adjustable pedals. Yesterday I swapped mine with base model brake and gas pedals off of a wrecked truck and it’s still there. Exact same. Maybe that it’s still happening on the new ones Ford will actually do something about it. I’m pretty sure it’s the actual bolts transferring the vibration but no idea what’s actually causing it.
I too think it’s the bolts touching the frame of the truck. I even put soborothane pads in btwn the actual pedal and the wall and I still have vibration. It didn’t fix anything. The bolts are the only thing still touching the truck.
Sponsored

JBoost

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
I

I too think it’s the bolts touching the frame of the truck. I even put soborothane pads in btwn the actual pedal and the wall and I still have vibration. It didn’t fix anything. The bolts are the only thing still touching the truck.
Exactly. Male to male anti vibration mounts are my next try.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Almost like clockwork, as soon as my truck was approaching 1K miles, I started feeling the vibration. It's only noticeable at speed and at low speeds, it is almost a grinding feeling almost like what is felt through a violin bow but if you are driving at highway speed the vibration worsens significantly and it i like resting your foot on a small two-stroke engine. I can definitely see it getting old quickly on the highway. It's like pressing your foot down on a joy buzzer, it's ridiculous!

The crazy thing is how the vibration was totally absent for the first 900 miles that I drove the truck.

I am wondering if it is a driveshaft balance issue and that the lightweight accelerator pedal assembly is just especially sensitive to it because of the lightweight construction.

My truck is a 5.0 reg. cab longbed with the adjustable pedals.

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have the vibration. I think it's the "slop" between the mounting bracket and the power adjustment module which is loose so it can pivot. I set the pedal the way I wanted it and saved the setting. Then I ran it all the way out and put a thick piece of foam between the back of the module and the bracket, set it back to the memory position which compressed the foam and took some of the movement out of the assembly. I'd say it removed 60-70% of the vibration which I can live with.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have the vibration. I think it's the "slop" between the mounting bracket and the power adjustment module which is loose so it can pivot. I set the pedal the way I wanted it and saved the setting. Then I ran it all the way out and put a thick piece of foam between the back of the module and the bracket, set it back to the memory position which compressed the foam and took some of the movement out of the assembly. I'd say it removed 60-70% of the vibration which I can live with.
Is it safe to be doing all the modifications to the peddles? Will these mods interferer with braking or acceleration?

I understand Ford doesn't want to or know how to fix this but I am hesitant to mess with my peddles because of Ford incompetence .

Sponsored

Solidero

First Name
Pearse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 platinum 3.0 diesel
I have seen a few threads on this very subject and nobody that I have seen has had a fix. Pads , screws , clamping wires together , reflashing trans. changing out transmission fluid , drive shafts. On and on and obviously driving lots of customers crazy. Here is something I noticed and this should help with a fix, I am assuming that ford service is serious about a fix. It makes business sense as, Not to often but I do see people on these threads that sold and changed brands. I have had a 2013 ford F150 Lariat and now a 2018 f150 platinum diesel. Both 2wd and adjustable pedals and both with the issues. Not a 4wd thing so we can put that to bed. One of the issues here is that when dropped off at a dealership it seems as though most technicians dont seem to notice or are able to duplicate and as a defense say "this is normal" Here is a way for every technician to be able to feel the vibration. Start engine and leave running. get out of vehicle, move seat back to give yourself room. Hold the gas pedal in your fingers and you will feel a vibration/buzz Then while still holding move adjustable pedals to lowest setting and do not stop when you reach lowest setting , keep button held down. As soon as lowest setting is engaged and held the buzz disappears. And will stay gone until you let the button go. As soon as you let the button go you feel the buzz again. Same can be done while driving.. when you feel buzz engage pedal tolowest position, hold it there.. for the lengt of time you hold it, vibe is gone.So obviously the standing position of some of the adjustable pedals is tighter that others and this is the problem. Given that nugget, surely someone at ford can come up with a remedy.

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This is insane. Never heard of such before reading this thread. I wonder if this problem happens to powerboosts too. So far i have seen ecoboost 3.5 , 2.7 and 5.0 mentioned. But not powerboost hybrids. Did they escape this vibration issue somehow due to a different design?

Deadnova

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 XL
Occupation
Law Enforcement
This problem drives me crazy. I have a 2021 3.5 xl (no adjustable pedal). The vibration started around 2000 miles and is a little worst at 3000 miles. Its not constant and its not strong enough to put numb my foot but It makes me hate my new truck I'd otherwise enjoy. I thought maybe it was the turbo but I see the v8 has the issue as well.

agyc1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have the same issue with my 2021 F-150, no adjustable pedals. Has anyone found a solution for this problem as it's really annoying?

suprasteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
My 2.7L XLT 3.73 payload package does it was well. Non-adjustable pedals.

Noticed from new, on the first drive home once I got out of the city. 3,000km on it now. I was trying not to be too picky, but my wife noticed it as well. Every car has some level of vibration in the controls but I've never owned anything this noticeable and consistent frequency like this. It's really not pleasant on a long drive.

For me, it is most noticeable between 60-70 km/h(37-43mph) which is a very common speed to drive, so it's super irritating. It's most noticeable when you coast down from 75km/h-60km/h, without depressing the accelerator pedal, but resting your foot on it lightly. I feel it at other vehicle speeds as well, but it is worse at that speed. Trans is usually in 8th or 9th gear.

It's higher frequency. At first, I would have guessed its the same speed as the pinion gear/gear mesh but the intensity seems to change when I shift up and down gears and maintain the same speed; so it's likely engine-speed related.

You can't feel it in the brake pedal and can barely feel it in the floor or other cab parts; if I didn't have the accelerator pedal problem, I don't think you would notice it in any other part.

The worst thing is that I doubt there is anything wrong with anything, it very well could be a design issue with the natural frequency of the pedal assembly lining up with an engine input frequency.

I'm taking it to the dealer Nov 18, and I will be shocked if they can diagnose anything wrong. It's not the type of problem techs will have the skills or tools to deal with. It would need instrumentation and engineering effort to pinpoint. I'm praying for a TSB to exist on the issue already or this is going to be a nightmare or never get fixed. Hopefully if enough complain, something will get done about it. Best we can all do for now is tell our dealers/ford and keep talking about it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I'm taking it to the dealer Nov 18, and I will be shocked if they can diagnose anything wrong. It's not the type of problem techs will have the skills or tools to deal with. It would need instrumentation and engineering effort to pinpoint. I'm praying for a TSB to exist on the issue already or this is going to be a nightmare or never get fixed. Hopefully if enough complain, something will get done about it. Best we can all do for now is tell our dealers/ford and keep talking about it.
There are tools for such problems and some small time independently owned shops use them for diagnostic purposes.

https://www.picoauto.com/products/noise-vibration-and-balancing/nvh

I expect most dealerships will play dumb though, pretend that it's perfectly normal.

Mine didn't start until 900 miles and it got more noticeable around 1000 miles. I would not be surprised if it was a drivetrain vibration and harmonic issue with the pedal, which wouldn't be the first time that this happened.

I am even tempted to add a few ounces of weight to the pedal assembly and see if it does anything, though I might just wait and be hopeful for a real fix.

TheObiJuan

First Name
TheObiJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F-150 Tremor 402A
There are tools for such problems and some small time independently owned shops use them for diagnostic purposes.

https://www.picoauto.com/products/noise-vibration-and-balancing/nvh

I expect most dealerships will play dumb though, pretend that it's perfectly normal.

Mine didn't start until 900 miles and it got more noticeable around 1000 miles. I would not be surprised if it was a drivetrain vibration and harmonic issue with the pedal, which wouldn't be the first time that this happened.

I am even tempted to add a few ounces of weight to the pedal assembly and see if it does anything, though I might just wait and be hopeful for a real fix.
I just hit 900mi and my smooth Tremor starting having pedal vibrations. On the road there’s even a small vibration in the steering wheel.

The dealer says it’s normal but it didn’t do it before 900mi and my 7k miles on the 21 PB never did it.

Puckett88

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor 402A Package - MX4 Cover & Bed Liner
Same issue here on my tremor. You guys are describing your problem as a "vibration", mine feels more clunky than anything. I can be coasting down the road with my foot on the accelerator pedal (not pressing it down) and i still feel the clunking. I have 900 miles on the truck so far. Will be taking it into the dealer after i get my new wheels / tires installed on Friday. Will post any updates i hear of from them.

agyc1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Same issue here on my tremor. You guys are describing your problem as a "vibration", mine feels more clunky than anything. I can be coasting down the road with my foot on the accelerator pedal (not pressing it down) and i still feel the clunking. I have 900 miles on the truck so far. Will be taking it into the dealer after i get my new wheels / tires installed on Friday. Will post any updates i hear of from them.
I will be taking my vehicle to the dealer on 11/11 and will post an update. I am already expecting them to say it's normal but I didn't feel the vibration when the vehicle was brand new. To answer the previous post, it almost feels like there is a foot massager in the gas pedal.
Sponsored