Sponsored

Vibration thru gas pedal

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Got truck back after a total of 19 days...seems good so far but time will tell. Will update after some Miles are put on.?
Glad to see a dealer that’s committed to fixing an issue, rather than saying it’s normal, or there’s a software fix coming eventually.

NVH issues are some of the hardest to fix and diagnose.
Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Anyone complaining about this issue really needs to mention if their truck has the adjustable pedals and which engine they have if anyone is to speculate on the problem.
I have the Lariat with 3.5 and adjustable pedals and plenty of vibration

Lovett88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Still have vibration in pedal but whole truck doesn’t shake after drive shaft angle fix,going to put anti vibration material on pedal and possibly under floor mats next. Post results soon.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
I have a 3.5 Lariat with the adjustable pedals, I have 5,877 miles on my truck and actually just started noticing the vibration last week.

andrew82

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
cdl driver
I currently have the 21 with the 3.5L & adjustable pedals.
I had a 19 5.0L and adjustable pedals with the same issue. That’s why I got rid of it. It’s like deja vu.
Which pedals do you have in your truck?
Which pedals do you have in your truck?
I have the stx package so my peddle is just a basic peddle. Went to the dealer today and they said they couldn’t duplicate it. They balanced the tires and it didn’t do a thing. So now I have foam behind the peddle assembly and foam ducked taped on the peddle itself. It helps, but the vibration is still there. I’m going to try another dealership sometime this week.

Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Got truck back after a total of 19 days at dealership, after many trial n error procedures finally got a fix on vibration issue...angle of driveshaft was off to the rear axel,some shims were ordered and installed and seems good so far but time will tell. Will update after some Miles are put on.?
I wonder where they are shimming the drive line at ? I have a 157" wheel base., and noticed it has a third member drive shaft.

Millb67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I just put a soborothane pad under the assembly like some have suggested. Did nothing. I assume it’s gotta be vibrating thru the 3 bolts that hold the assembly to the firewall.
The vibration is worse under strain. Nothing when I rev the engine in neutral.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Got truck back after a total of 19 days at dealership, after many trial n error procedures finally got a fix on vibration issue...angle of driveshaft was off to the rear axel,some shims were ordered and installed and seems good so far but time will tell. Will update after some Miles are put on.?
Can you let me know what dealer you went to so I can have my dealer contact them. I'm getting the same response from my dealer that I got with the rust issue...waiting on Ford to provide a solution.

andrew82

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
cdl driver
I just put a soborothane pad under the assembly like some have suggested. Did nothing. I assume it’s gotta be vibrating thru the 3 bolts that hold the assembly to the firewall.
The vibration is worse under strain. Nothing when I rev the engine in neutral.
I put 2 rubber washers between each bolt and the fire wall. I also put foam between the washers. Then just snugged it up not to tight. It helps a little, but it’s definitely still there. I just took everything out and drop it off at bayshore ford a little while ago. I don’t have much hope.

andrew82

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
cdl driver
I wonder where they are shimming the drive line at ? I have a 157" wheel base., and noticed it has a third member drive shaft.
Please keep us updated!

Sponsored

stevie605

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 302a F150 2.7
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Just got back from the truck being at Ford. They claim it’s the adjustable pedals that are the issue.

not to bring up the post from almost a month ago but i do not have the adjustable pedals and have pedal vibration. noticed it when i first bought my truck asked my salesman he said he wasnt sure. my '18 2.7 never had this issue and my '21 2.7 does. if i cruise at a constant 46mph with out using cruise control you can definitely feel the pedal issue. feels as if it is coming from the front right wheel in my case. i have also noticed up hills it is starting to get worse.... i am just standing by hoping someone gets a fix found because my dealer wont do any thing for it :(

10DOTSCOTT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD
I am also having the same issue, 5.0 adjustable pedals. Very annoying.

Phrozenfenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 2.7L STX
2.7L STX, non adjustable pedals. Had this start at around 2,500 miles. At 3,000 and it's definitely getting worse. Seems to happen most around mid to high 50's with light acceleration.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
there is an absolute length/diameter limit on driveshafts, mostly for balancing torsional strength.
All of my long bed regular cab pickups have had carrier bearings and two piece shafts, but the same trucks with automatics have single shafts. The 4spd trans is very short and a single shaft exceeds allowed length and the 4spd does not have a slip in the trans.
The slip is incorporated just aft of the carrier

JBoost

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Goodness. This is so sad that it’s still happening on the newer models. I bought a 2015 3.5 ecoboost adjustable pedals last year and love every single thing about it except this vibration. It’s not even that bad but it drives me crazy. To answer a question some had, it’s not just the adjustable pedals. Yesterday I swapped mine with base model brake and gas pedals off of a wrecked truck and it’s still there. Exact same. Maybe that it’s still happening on the new ones Ford will actually do something about it. I’m pretty sure it’s the actual bolts transferring the vibration but no idea what’s actually causing it.
Sponsored