First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
Very true. Crazy that it's not engine related...sounds like it's a high frequency vibration too, which my mind then goes to wind-related like has been mentioned here or maybe drivetrain or wheel related? Weird, weird issue.

I am sure there are several different root causes for these vibrations- maybe why a single diagnosis hasn't/won't remedy everyone's issues.

Specifically in my case, the vibration isn't caused by the engine, but it appears to be exacerbated by it, as it does intensify (and then taper off completely) at specific engine RPM's (it's worst at almost exactly 3k RPM).

In my case, it's annoying but not the deal breaker it appears to be for some of you folks- though I imagine it's only a matter of degree- and could get worse (or better!) at any time. I didn't have any issues with this for the first 1500 miles or so.
Sponsored

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I am sure there are several different root causes for these vibrations- maybe why a single diagnosis hasn't/won't remedy everyone's issues.

Specifically in my case, the vibration isn't caused by the engine, but it appears to be exacerbated by it, as it does intensify (and then taper off completely) at specific engine RPM's (it's worst at almost exactly 3k RPM).

In my case, it's annoying but not the deal breaker it appears to be for some of you folks- though I imagine it's only a matter of degree- and could get worse (or better!) at any time. I didn't have any issues with this for the first 1500 miles or so.
What I find odd is that there is no mechanical connection, with the exception that it is bolted to the firewall, it is throttle by wire. When you feel the vibration can you also feel it in the brake pedal with your left foot?

The fact that the vibration occurs at very specific rpm’s makes me think of resonance. Can you replicate by holding the engine at the rpm range while parked? Have you tried removing whatever underbody skid plates and fiber mat and then see if the vibration goes away?

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
What I find odd is that there is no mechanical connection, with the exception that it is bolted to the firewall, it is throttle by wire. When you feel the vibration can you also feel it in the brake pedal with your left foot?

The fact that the vibration occurs at very specific rpm’s makes me think of resonance. Can you replicate by holding the engine at the rpm range while parked? Have you tried removing whatever underbody skid plates and fiber mat and then see if the vibration goes away?
Yeah- I think the vibration might be from the drive axle specifically: it’s either unbalanced, out of alignment or both. Yes, the vibration does occur at roughly the same rpm’s at idle. In my case- it comes and goes- so that on some occasions it’s almost imperceptible.

I’m going to mention it whenever I get in to the dealer- thankfully I’m not having any other issues- and I change my own oil, so it may be awhile. Not that I’m optimistic about them being able to diagnose it correctly.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Hrm, thinking about this it could be due to a slight vibration and resonance. Not sure if there's a safe way to change the mass of the pedal. Just something to think about for those who can't find a fix. Might also try applying a dense sound deadening material around the pedal area as well to soak up some of the energy. Just throwing some shit at the wall :)

21F150Limited0702

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Steel industry Ultrasonic Tech
Well, I have no replicated this a few times. I have the gas pedal vibration at 50-60 mph that's very noticable (feel). I manipulated the truck to go into electric mode only at these speeds and the vibration is non existent?
So I'm feeling in my specific situation, I am proving that my vibration is in correlation with the ICE 3.5 and NOT a driveline issue such as driveshaft, wheels(balancing etc.).

Upon a Google search of pedal vibration, one link did mention it could be an exhaust leak. This could be a path to go down as well if I can eliminate the vibration once ICE motor shuts off at speed? One forum mentioned a raptor owner used jb weld on his exhaust straps and connections to eliminate his pedal vibration. He did not go into specific details of the locations on his exhaust that might have been the root cause, if anyone does or have tried this could you share your experience?

I am still hoping to get this truck into a dealership for further diagnosis but I have simulated this scenario 3 times now and pedal vibration is non existent when the ICE motor shuts off at speeds.

Also....I do notice it's not as bad in Sport mode, it definitely still has a pedal vibration in sport mode at 50-60 mph but not as abrupt.

I was almost ready to try and disable the active air dam deploying as I thought maybe the wind or speeds were causing it to vibrate heavily. Hopefully I can get to a resolution on this pedal vibration, that's the only thing I have to complain about this truck. Especially at the 50-60mph speeds, the most frequent traveled speed for me I experience this and loose the joy driving when not in cruise.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Well, I have no replicated this a few times. I have the gas pedal vibration at 50-60 mph that's very noticable (feel). I manipulated the truck to go into electric mode only at these speeds and the vibration is non existent?
So I'm feeling in my specific situation, I am proving that my vibration is in correlation with the ICE 3.5 and NOT a driveline issue such as driveshaft, wheels(balancing etc.).

Upon a Google search of pedal vibration, one link did mention it could be an exhaust leak. This could be a path to go down as well if I can eliminate the vibration once ICE motor shuts off at speed? One forum mentioned a raptor owner used jb weld on his exhaust straps and connections to eliminate his pedal vibration. He did not go into specific details of the locations on his exhaust that might have been the root cause, if anyone does or have tried this could you share your experience?

I am still hoping to get this truck into a dealership for further diagnosis but I have simulated this scenario 3 times now and pedal vibration is non existent when the ICE motor shuts off at speeds.

Also....I do notice it's not as bad in Sport mode, it definitely still has a pedal vibration in sport mode at 50-60 mph but not as abrupt.

I was almost ready to try and disable the active air dam deploying as I thought maybe the wind or speeds were causing it to vibrate heavily. Hopefully I can get to a resolution on this pedal vibration, that's the only thing I have to complain about this truck. Especially at the 50-60mph speeds, the most frequent traveled speed for me I experience this and loose the joy driving when not in cruise.
Hi Aaron. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

21F150Limited0702

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Should Report as spam at this point 🤣🤣
Yeah, no kidding. They tried contacting me before and all they do is point you towards a local dealership. Definitely a waste of money for Ford to be paying employees to surf forum pages with no real solutions to us Ford owners. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Jakeo32

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
Anyone with an answer on this?? 21 lariat here with the coyote. 26k miles and I’ve been noticing Over the last couple k miles it’s there but super minor. Just took a 1000 mile trip and it became so bad it was just not enjoyable to drive and I used cruise control the majority of the way home. It’s pretty consistent and honestly at any speed. Seems to be worse at highway speeds. Feels like a power tool on the pedal. I just had my truck in for a bad upper ball joint and they replaced that so I’m not sure it’s related in anyway unless it’s an alignment or balance thing. Made an appointment to go into Ford Wednesday so I’ll keep y’all updated on what I hear. I am not accepting “it’s normal” as a response so I’ll be pushing back if they imply nothing is wrong because is certainly is.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone with an answer on this?? 21 lariat here with the coyote. 26k miles and I’ve been noticing Over the last couple k miles it’s there but super minor. Just took a 1000 mile trip and it became so bad it was just not enjoyable to drive and I used cruise control the majority of the way home. It’s pretty consistent and honestly at any speed. Seems to be worse at highway speeds. Feels like a power tool on the pedal. I just had my truck in for a bad upper ball joint and they replaced that so I’m not sure it’s related in anyway unless it’s an alignment or balance thing. Made an appointment to go into Ford Wednesday so I’ll keep y’all updated on what I hear. I am not accepting “it’s normal” as a response so I’ll be pushing back if they imply nothing is wrong because is certainly is.
Hey there, Jake. Could you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into these pedal concerns for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!

Sponsored

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche

“Lose the joy driving when not in cruise”. Yup, same here. Normally I do all the driving but there were times when I pulled over and had my spouse drive so that my foot could recover.

You should see people’s faces when I say I traded a brand new truck over a vibrating gas pedal, but I did and I have no regrets other than taking a nearly $15k loss on the trade and wasting my time dealing with this. You’re not crazy for being frustrated… it’s the most annoying issue I’ve ever experienced on any vehicle.

Some folks have gone to the end of the earth to solve this on their own with little to no help from Ford. I get it, people love their trucks. We all have different thresholds for pain I guess 😬

Upon further reflection and after 1500 utterly blissful miles on the new Ram, this will likely be my first and last Ford. Vehicles have problems, but corporate’s unwillingness to assist the dealer in resolving or even acknowledging this particular issue is a total dealbreaker for me. Also, this was my only vehicle in 25 years to experience a no start situation.

Bummer! I was really enthusiastic about the brand for a short while.

Good luck!

Last edited:

21F150Limited0702

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
“Lose the joy driving when not in cruise”. Yup, same here. Normally I do all the driving but there were times when I pulled over and had my spouse drive so that my foot could recover.

You should see people’s faces when I say I traded a brand new truck over a vibrating gas pedal, but I did and I have no regrets other than taking a nearly $15k loss on the trade and wasting my time dealing with this. You’re not crazy for being frustrated… it’s the most annoying issue I’ve ever experienced on any vehicle.

Some folks have gone to the end of the earth to solve this on their own with little to no help from Ford. I get it, people love their trucks. We all have different thresholds for pain I guess 😬

Upon further reflection and after 1500 utterly blissful miles on the new Ram, this will likely be my first and last Ford. Vehicles have problems, but corporate’s unwillingness to assist the dealer in resolving or even acknowledging this particular issue is a total dealbreaker for me. Also, this was my only vehicle in 25 years to experience a no start situation.

Bummer! I was really enthusiastic about the brand for a short while.

Good luck!
Wow,
That is horrible man. Yes I've only owned this F150 for a short time and I'm really hoping I can find the issue or I too will be looking to sell or trade in. It is a bummer, these Fords have a great look to them and I AM a brand loyal guy. However, if this brand does start turning it's back on customers like myself, itll be easy to walk away and search for that next brand.
Thank you for sharing your experiences.

starr_stealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F 150
The reference to wind seems to be the strongest case, at least for me. Today I took my hood off and did some driving. The reason I decided to try this is because I noticed my hood shake pretty bad, and while it may be mind tricks it seemed to be in the same pattern as the gas pedal.

Well, my findings are interesting, without a hood the vibration was basically constant, but lighter, the first drive I had the lift supports still on, took those off since the driver side one was shaking so bad I thought it was going to rip off. Yet again, it did for some reason smooth it out some. BUT, one thing to note without the hood on, the brake pedal finally vibrated too, no where as near as much as the gas pedal, but I think that is solely because its more "solid". So the assumption there is all the air coming into the engine bay and make its way into the structural bits around the pedals.

I am no closer to understanding what is different from my truck than one that doesn't have this issue. Is my hood missing supports? Is there padding missing around the gas pedal.

- Just a rant, so probably don't read further.

I am very close to joining those that sold their trucks :'( . Its going to be a massive loss, I got a 65k XLT, paid more than a lot of Lariats out there, wanted the nicest working towing truck I could spec with an 8ft bed. The worst part about this specific issue, frankly no one cares. Ford made their money, selling it off just continues to advertise for them. The dealer won't care, they get to sell it again and make even more off it, and they sure will try to get you another one. I canceled my 2024 Mustang order because of this, and its going to break my heart to get rid of my 75th anniversary edition truck. My first Ford will most likely be my last. Simply because dealer will not put enough effort into tracking it down, Ford won't incite them to do so, and its highly unlikely we are going to track this down on our own.

ps. In regards to the dealer struggling with this. I honestly understand it, as they need to fit as much work in a day as they can to be profitable. Not only that, but they aren't driving these trucks day in day out, some of us took a while to notice this problem, a nice new toy preoccupied our minds. I truly hold nothing against my dealer, their network has been nothing but stellar to work with, its a same they don't have a GMC/Chevy or Dodge one.

kcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT 2.7, 2022 F150 Platinum
Well, I am joining this group here. 13,500 miles on my 22 PB Platinum and the pedal vibration is probably my single greatest complaint of this truck besides all of the creaks and rattles. Happens in full-electric and engine on. I am one month away from my 1 year anniversary with this truck, and the gas pedal will be the reason I don’t buy an extended warranty and trade this thing in on another brand. I will say that everything else about this truck is amazing, and ownership over 11 months has been great.

I took a road trip down to Kentucky in the truck and had a coworker drive so I could sit in the back and knock out some work. I felt the “oscillating vibration” from the gas pedal in the floor in the back seat. My feet were buzzing after 5 hours sitting back there, behind the passenger seat. I typically feel it the worst between 50-60 mph. Might as well call cruise control a foot rest. Good news, we got nearly 27 mpg across a 5 hour drive. Love that.

Crawled under the truck after the road trip and noticed my axle boot on the driver side is leaking. I remember seeing a clear oily liquid on my garage floor back in March/April but thought nothing of it.

Just dropped the truck off at the dealer 4 hours ago to address the leaking axle boot and see if there is a correlation between that and the gas pedal vibration. Also addressing the rattling back glass. And my rattling glove box. And my driver side power running board that decided to stop working yesterday lol.

I’ll report back if the dealer finds anything.

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 platinum 701a on order
I just hit 3400 miles on my powerboost and I'm feeling a really light vibration. Makes my foot tingly and irritates me. Not entirely sure if it's as bad as what I'm seeing in this thread, but anyone have any luck with fixing it or identifying the problem?
Sponsored