Vibration at highway speeds 75MPH

NDUD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
Having the same issue after a level. Currently back at the Dealer for repair.

Sponsored

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
Well glad I’m not alone - same issue here. Took it in once and they replaced an entire tire and road force balanced them all but issue still is there. My issue seems to be at or around 75-80 mph.

my passenger seat shakes like a tuning fork. I’m gonna get it back in and be without my truck for another 5 days :/

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Well glad I’m not alone - same issue here. Took it in once and they replaced an entire tire and road force balanced them all but issue still is there. My issue seems to be at or around 75-80 mph.

my passenger seat shakes like a tuning fork. I’m gonna get it back in and be without my truck for another 5 days :/
Keep documentation of everything and check your states lemon laws

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
Has anyone had this fixed? I’m seeing road force balancing but that didn’t resolve my issue. Curious what other might have found since this thread is older?

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Hey all,

The wobble issue has still not been resolved on my Black Widow. The last information I received from my dealer was Ford told them that running it in Sport mode was the temporary fix, which we all know is bullshit.

I've uploaded a few videos to my YouTube channel showing the vibration/wobble. Sorry for the quality of the video, it was actually hard to capture for some reason.

I got the same wobble I have a 4 inch bds lift with 35 12.5 20 ko2 on aftermarket rims. Just had them road force the other day still a small vibration. I’m afraid the deal ship is going to blame the lift kit

Sponsored

muddyh2o

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Black Widow
Occupation
IT Engineer
I got the same wobble I have a 4 inch bds lift with 35 12.5 20 ko2 on aftermarket rims. Just had them road force the other day still a small vibration. I’m afraid the deal ship is going to blame the lift kit
I received a voicemail Friday afternoon from the Service Manager wanting to set up an appointment. He had just spoken with SCA again, and they told him they had narrowed the issue down to the steering gear.

I wasn't home so didn't get to speak with him, but I will be calling him in the morning and will update with any news.

My dealer has been great with this, they know it's not normal. One of their Techs has one (stock truck, not SCA) and his also does this.

Mike D

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT sport 302A
Occupation
Gov
I had this problem with a new 4-Runner I purchased for my wife, only fix was to replace wheels and tires. They came from factory out of round. traded it in for an Explorer, zero problems so far.

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
I received a voicemail Friday afternoon from the Service Manager wanting to set up an appointment. He had just spoken with SCA again, and they told him they had narrowed the issue down to the steering gear.

I wasn't home so didn't get to speak with him, but I will be calling him in the morning and will update with any news.

My dealer has been great with this, they know it's not normal. One of their Techs has one (stock truck, not SCA) and his also does this.
I’m going to my tire guy in the morning to make sure everything is 100%. Tuesday I go for my first oil change I’m deff going to bring this up. I noticed as soon as I get to highway speeds it starts. And it feels like tire issues but I got a feeling it’s something with the steering

muddyh2o

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Black Widow
Occupation
IT Engineer
I’m going to my tire guy in the morning to make sure everything is 100%. Tuesday I go for my first oil change I’m deff going to bring this up. I noticed as soon as I get to highway speeds it starts. And it feels like tire issues but I got a feeling it’s something with the steering
I dropped it off yesterday, the Service Manager stated SCA requested they do a deep dive analysis, so I'm not sure how long they'll have it, but will certainly keep this thread updated with any new information that comes across.

I know SCA's response to the tires being the problem is they stated if it was, it would get worse the faster you go. In my case anyway, that doesn't appear to happen, rather things tend to smooth out in the mid to upper 60's. The wobble is still there, but not as severe.

I'll let you all know when I hear something.

muddyh2o

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Black Widow
Occupation
IT Engineer
Update for the Black Widow folks.

Service Manager called to ask to keep the truck for another few days. I messaged them and asked/suggested they put on a set of stock wheels/tires, to either eliminate them as being the problem, or they'd have more info to send to SCA/Ford.

Well they did

Ford F-150 Vibration at highway speeds 75MPH {filename}

They then send me 2 videos driving the truck (up to 75mph) and there is zero wobble in the steering wheel.

They are going to force balance and perform another alignment (2nd time for both) and see what happens. If it wobbles, then it appears the issue is the tires, mine has BFGoodrich 35's

I'll continue to keep you all updated, but it appears despite what SCA has been saying, the tires and or wheels/tires appear to be the cause as other folks have stated in this thread, or something about the wheels/tires is affecting something else causing the wobble.

Erik

Sponsored

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Update for the Black Widow folks.

Service Manager called to ask to keep the truck for another few days. I messaged them and asked/suggested they put on a set of stock wheels/tires, to either eliminate them as being the problem, or they'd have more info to send to SCA/Ford.

Well they did

Ford F-150 Vibration at highway speeds 75MPH {filename}

They then send me 2 videos driving the truck (up to 75mph) and there is zero wobble in the steering wheel.

They are going to force balance and perform another alignment (2nd time for both) and see what happens. If it wobbles, then it appears the issue is the tires, mine has BFGoodrich 35's

I'll continue to keep you all updated, but it appears despite what SCA has been saying, the tires and or wheels/tires appear to be the cause as other folks have stated in this thread, or something about the wheels/tires is affecting something else causing the wobble.

Erik
Holy crap buddy tell them to put ur aftermarket rims and tires back on and pick up your truck. I have 35x12.5 20 bfg ko2 about half life and I’m in the same boat as you. My tire guy said they are cupping and when I was at Ford the other day for a oil change they said it was the tires. I’m going to live with it till the spring and I’m done with the bfg ko2. Great tire but you as any tire person and they will all say the same thing. Hard to balance and always have issues with them if they are not new. I’m going to get the toyo open country at 3. Apparently they don’t have the issues like the bfg ko2 has and they are easy to balance. I was told changing to those tires I wouldn’t be disappointed

muddyh2o

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Black Widow
Occupation
IT Engineer
Holy crap buddy tell them to put ur aftermarket rims and tires back on and pick up your truck. I have 35x12.5 20 bfg ko2 about half life and I’m in the same boat as you. My tire guy said they are cupping and when I was at Ford the other day for a oil change they said it was the tires. I’m going to live with it till the spring and I’m done with the bfg ko2. Great tire but you as any tire person and they will all say the same thing. Hard to balance and always have issues with them if they are not new. I’m going to get the toyo open country at 3. Apparently they don’t have the issues like the bfg ko2 has and they are easy to balance. I was told changing to those tires I wouldn’t be disappointed
Haha, yeah it's not pretty with these wheels/tires. I'll be picking it back up tomorrow with the aftermarket wheels/tires back on it. They said if it still shakes (and I'm assuming it will), they are going to reach out to SCA for a tire swap of some sort.

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Haha, yeah it's not pretty with these wheels/tires. I'll be picking it back up tomorrow with the aftermarket wheels/tires back on it. They said if it still shakes (and I'm assuming it will), they are going to reach out to SCA for a tire swap of some sort.
Yeah man. I’ve always liked bfg ko2 but I’m done with having this problem when they are half life check out the toyos

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
How is the vibration presenting for you guys? My passenger seat shakes like a tuning fork when empty. My steering wheel has an ever so slight vibration. The entire truck just feels mildly shaky at 80 mph. I’ve had it in twice already and had 2 differ tires replaced.

Have a 18 hour cross country drive coming up to Colorado for elk season so I’d love to fix it before then.

im almost getting into lemon law territory with a 3rd service aren’t i? Indiana if it helps.

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Still no fix for me what tires do you have
Sponsored