First Name
Fischer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Sales
They found two of my tires a couple ounces off using the road force balance machine. I didn't get to hear which ones they were nor asked, I should have. Right after that I drove 70 miles to visit some friends and it was definitely a much better ride. Majority of that was highway speeds too. I highly recommend anyone that haven't tried this machine to give it a go.
Good deal!
Sponsored

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced rough transition between electric to ice after the latest update was done to their trucks. My truck still shudders in the top three gears but now the transition between electric/ice is severely rough. This sis so annoying !

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced rough transition between electric to ice after the latest update was done to their trucks. My truck still shudders in the top three gears but now the transition between electric/ice is severely rough. This sis so annoying !
Good morning. Can you please send over a private message with some more details on your F-150 concerns, along with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist!

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Supervisor

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
Good morning. Can you please send over a private message with some more details on your F-150 concerns, along with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist!
pm sent

Sponsored

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
Update - Had the truck in on Monday for the shudder and harsh transition from electric to ice. Didn't go so well when they tried to update the BCM which ultimately crashed, truck was completely dead ! Had to replace the BCM and download whatever software needed. The truck seems good now in regards to the electric to ice, perfectly smooth transition. However, shudder issues is still present !

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
Update from me on the vibration. After skimming through this thread it is clear that some have a truck issue and others may have a tire issue. My journey has been very frustrating the last few months wondering if there was an issue with my truck or was it really just the tires? The Ford dealership and two different tire shops have been trying to get to the bottom of my issue. The dealer referred me to a truck shop that had different equipment to balance my tires. They informed me that 3 of the 4 tires were out of round and therefore defective. But they would not do the warranty claim for me since I did not buy the tires from them. These are Nitto Recon Grapplers that I bought new on the truck from the dealer out of town. The out of town dealer was willing to help but it was a 5 hour drive so I called Nitto and they recommended that I go to Discount Tire for the warranty claim. I did so and they informed me that the tires were fine and that they just were not balanced correctly. I was skeptical but they were insistent and offered to road force balance free of charge and asked me to drive it before they did the warranty claim. Much to my surprise, the truck rides as smooth as can be after they balanced the tires. I was shocked to say the least. I couldn’t believe that the dealership and two other tire shops could not balance my tires correctly. Discount Tire said they calibrate their machines weekly and other shops may not so that could be the reason they could fix a simple issue. They also said it appears the previous shop performed a static balance technique vs. a dynamic balance technique. I forget exactly what that means but I am just relieved the issue is fixed and wanted to post this to help others with the same issue as me. I suspect that with good help being hard to find that inexperienced workers may have contributed to my issue. I hope this helps someone else…

glockcopbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Project Manager
Discount Tire is great. every time i purchase a new truck(every 4-5years) i take it to Discount Tire and pay them to rebalance the new truck tires. at least one of the tires needed re-adjustment.

I then purchase a tire warranty. (Yes they will sell you a tire warranty on a new vehicle. I think within 30days of purchase). Most of the tires that come on new vehicles are softer (provides a better test drive) and do not last as long. i have had Micheline give me 20% off towards new tires due to this but i don't always want Micheline. The Discount warranty allows me to purchase any brand along with the free repairs and rotations.

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
Discount Tire is great. every time i purchase a new truck(every 4-5years) i take it to Discount Tire and pay them to rebalance the new truck tires. at least one of the tires needed re-adjustment.

I then purchase a tire warranty. (Yes they will sell you a tire warranty on a new vehicle. I think within 30days of purchase). Most of the tires that come on new vehicles are softer (provides a better test drive) and do not last as long. i have had Micheline give me 20% off towards new tires due to this but i don't always want Micheline. The Discount warranty allows me to purchase any brand along with the free repairs and rotations.
They offered me the warranty as well but I said I wanted to drive it a few days to verify things were corrected. Now that I know I’m good I’ll swing back by there to take out the warranty. They were super helpful!!!

Csvt18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 SCEW (current), 2022 f150 (ordered)
Is it weird that I have a slight vibration as well but on say newly paved roads (Michigan) I have a smooth ride?

Sponsored

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
Is it weird that I have a slight vibration as well but on say newly paved roads (Michigan) I have a smooth ride?
So my truck rode perfectly smoothly up until 58 mph, then at about 70 it was better but not perfect. The road force balance at Discount Tire got things perfect at all speeds.

Capecod

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 Max Tow
Occupation
retired
I've had many fords,all ran smoothly but not this one,this is definitly my last ford.
I now have all new tires, new torque converter, new driveshaft and the latest TSB. The truck still vibrates the same. Ford knows it is an issue which is good, but they believe they can still fix it. I am beginning to think it is either a bad design or some bad transmission out there. I have been with our my truck 3 out of the 6 months I have owned it.
I noticed the vibration/ rumbling at highway speeds the day i took delivery. Dealer has replaced driveshaft and said there has been an improvement but still an issue. Waiting for a phone call so I can road test. Will keep everyone posted. Appreciate reading everyones posts.

GCouch

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor, 2016 F150 XLT
Ford declared my truck as within some arbitrary vibration spec. I sold it back at a loss. Wasn't worth the time and frustration anymore.

Capecod

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 Max Tow
Occupation
retired
Ford declared my truck as within some arbitrary vibration spec. I sold it back at a loss. Wasn't worth the time and frustration anymore.
So sorry ! Understand the frustration . Have not heard that declaration YET. Hope my dealer will persevere and conquer the issue.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I am sorry to hear!
Sponsored