First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I had the latest update done last week, the truck seems to shift smoother with no shudder in gears 8, 9 and 10. However, I still feel a light vibration in the steering wheel and in the drivers seat ! This is getting so freakin annoying ! !
Sponsored

• Angry
Reactions: sbi

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s vibration concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Dear @Ford Motor Company

Please...please stop with these "generous" offers to help. You just pretend to even be able to help, but you can't do anything.
This is the email I received from Ford after giving you my info:

Good morning,

I am reaching out to you in reference to the case that was created yesterday. I would recommend you make an appointment at your local Ford dealer to get this issue resolved. We here at the customer relationship center do not have any technical information we can provide. My role is to partner with the service manager while the vehicle is in service. Once the vehicle is at the dealer, I will be happy to assist. You may also ask the service manager would this repair be covered under warranty.

Ford Motor Company ®
Please...just stop.
We don't need to send you our VIN number just to hear "call the service dept.". We are mature enough to know this without your "help".

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I called my dealership yesterday to have the tires '' road force balanced '' as a last try to get this thing fix, but I'm doubtful. This is the last time I'm going to spend anymore time and energy on this truck. If this don't work, she will be going up for sale. Looking at getting Acura MDX Type S. The Acura is what I was thinking about getting before getting my limited, I should have just got the Acura right from the get go !

Hutch2121

First Name
Fischer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Sales
Update: took the truck in to the local dealership recently to have the vibration issue looked at again. They had it all day (7:30am-5:30pm) only to call me and tell me that it is the tires. Give me a break….How unlucky is it to have a bad set of BFG KO2s and now a bad set of toyo AT3s smh. Has anyone had any luck with a solution? Is there a actual problem with the drivetrain in the 21 models? I’m at a loss.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Update: took the truck in to the local dealership recently to have the vibration issue looked at again. They had it all day (7:30am-5:30pm) only to call me and tell me that it is the tires. Give me a break….How unlucky is it to have a bad set of BFG KO2s and now a bad set of toyo AT3s smh. Has anyone had any luck with a solution? Is there a actual problem with the drivetrain in the 21 models? I’m at a loss.
Lots of us 2022 guys are affected, as well. Just trying to get used to the vibration personally, but yeah... It sucks.

Sponsored

Hutch2121

First Name
Fischer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Sales
Lots of us 2022 guys are affected, as well. Just trying to get used to the vibration personally, but yeah... It sucks.
I hear ya. Hard to get use to it when they are as expensive as they are.

GCouch

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor, 2016 F150 XLT
Same story here. It is not the tires. It is in the torque converter/transmission. It is a known issue. Ford declared mine characteristic, which means they will not fix it. I just sold my truck back to the dealer.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I called my dealership yesterday to have the tires '' road force balanced '' as a last try to get this thing fix, but I'm doubtful. This is the last time I'm going to spend anymore time and energy on this truck. If this don't work, she will be going up for sale. Looking at getting Acura MDX Type S. The Acura is what I was thinking about getting before getting my limited, I should have just got the Acura right from the get go !
Update - well I had the update performed On July 19th, Still not 100%. I felt it for the first time last Friday going home since the update was performed !! What a joke !!

Hutch2121

First Name
Fischer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Sales
Same story here. It is not the tires. It is in the torque converter/transmission. It is a known issue. Ford declared mine characteristic, which means they will not fix it. I just sold my truck back to the dealer.
Sounds like a trade in is in the near future. But for what? 🤔

Reactions: sbi

Sponsored

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
One thing I have noticed since the latest update was performed is that the transition from electric to ice is really rough now. Never noticed this pre update !

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
Looks like I'm joining the vibrations club. Just a little over 200 miles on the truck so far. Taking it to Discount Tire tomorrow to see about the Road Force balance and tire/rim match. Hoping it'll fix it but after reading this thread I'm not too sure it will now.

Hutch2121

First Name
Fischer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Sales
Looks like I'm joining the vibrations club. Just a little over 200 miles on the truck so far. Taking it to Discount Tire tomorrow to see about the Road Force balance and tire/rim match. Hoping it'll fix it but after reading this thread I'm not too sure it will now.
Let us know!

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
Let us know!
They found two of my tires a couple ounces off using the road force balance machine. I didn't get to hear which ones they were nor asked, I should have. Right after that I drove 70 miles to visit some friends and it was definitely a much better ride. Majority of that was highway speeds too. I highly recommend anyone that haven't tried this machine to give it a go.
Sponsored