Ventilated Seats

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
My guess would be that it has more to do with the seat cushions not rebounding as well anymore, and becoming more compressed in a way that chokes off the air flow, as your cumulative time in seat increases.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
My guess would be that it has more to do with the seat cushions not rebounding as well anymore, and becoming more compressed in a way that chokes off the air flow, as your cumulative time in seat increases.
Has nothing to do with the cushions. Sounds more like direct sunlight heating the covers themselves / heat soaking them. The cushions have holes all the way through them to pass the air through. The MCS bladders could be most impactful. I've got just about every seat part from every trim right now. Took a few photos, I'll take some more. Might make a thread with just loads of pics of seats / internals.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Has nothing to do with the cushions. Sounds more like direct sunlight heating the covers themselves / heat soaking them. The cushions have holes all the way through them to pass the air through. The MCS bladders could be most impactful. I've got just about every seat part from every trim right now. Took a few photos, I'll take some more. Might make a thread with just loads of pics of seats / internals.
Ok

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Didn't even realize that was you -- how's things on your end? Still waiting on parts? I've had a little lock trim piece on BO for 4mo now -- stupid $16 part.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here's the back of the vent'd seat. Fan sucks from this connection point. Inside the white bladder thing is a series of mesh plastic springy stuff that prevents the 'bag' collapsing as negative pressure is applied, it's open to....
-backside of cushion foam-
Ford F-150 Ventilated Seats 1686006829230

These series of holes through the cushion which is the air passages. You can see the springy mesh through the holes...

Front side of cushion foam, the white is the fabric in which the seat heaters are sewn to and stuck to the foam via adhesives along the sides only.

Ford F-150 Ventilated Seats 1686006960539

This is the reverse side of the seat cover that makes contact with the above surface. It's just under 3/4" thick and contains 2 different types of springy mesh that opens to the little holes on the cover that you can see...

Ford F-150 Ventilated Seats 1686007290815

Ford F-150 Ventilated Seats 1686007356195

If the truck is lumbar only, that can push against the top image white bag causing the lower section of the seat back to have weaker flow. That'd be my guess as to a potential issue -- the seat lumbar. The upper part of the seat is where the fan is located so for best results, best to sit back into the seat itself.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was going through the cushions and found the raptor's 'foam' seat bottom measures in about 58mm thick whereas the platinum / KR foam only comes in around 42mm. This is the bottom of the seat, not the side bolsters. The rears appear to be about the same thickness (where the back rests, though the side bolsters are larger in the R for slightly sporty / snug fit) Foam density feels identical.

Ford F-150 Ventilated Seats 1686031681250

The bottom side bolsters on raptor measure in at 150mm vs the plat / KR only 114mm thick

Ford F-150 Ventilated Seats 1686031781596
Sponsored