Ventilated Seats

RickDawgFL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB Rapid Red with BAP
Has anyone noticed their seats are not ventilating as well? Until recently, when I turned on the ventilated seats I felt the coolness immediately both where my thighs rest on the seat and my back. Lately I only feel it around my thighs and not the back nearly as much. Not sure how the mechanics work and what could cause that. I have made no modifications. My hope it is something simple that I can fix without going to the dealership just be told it is working normally.

I have a 22 Lariat Powerboost.

Let me know if there is already a thread about this. I did not see one after a quick search.

Thanks
Sponsored

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Has anyone noticed their seats are not ventilating as well? Until recently, when I turned on the ventilated seats I felt the coolness immediately both where my thighs rest on the seat and my back. Lately I only feel it around my thighs and not the back nearly as much. Not sure how the mechanics work and what could cause that. I have made no modifications. My hope it is something simple that I can fix without going to the dealership just be told it is working normally.

I have a 22 Lariat Powerboost.

Let me know if there is already a thread about this. I did not see one after a quick search.

Thanks
I have a 2021 F150 Powerboost. I noticed the same issue. Its just not the same volume of air that use to come out. Im going to take it to the dealer next week.

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
I just figured that my butt is so heavy after COVID lockdown that I'm choking it to death.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
The vents "pull" air into the seat. It doesn't blow air out. You can see if it's working with a tissue and seeing that it gets sucked to the seat.

OP
OP
RickDawgFL

RickDawgFL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 2021 F150 Powerboost. I noticed the same issue. Its just not the same volume of air that use to come out. Im going to take it to the dealer next week.
At least I’m not the only one. Validates me a bit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RickDawgFL

RickDawgFL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just figured that my butt is so heavy after COVID lockdown that I'm choking it to death.
I’m right there with you. If it was the seat and not the back, I could run with that. 😁

OP
OP
RickDawgFL

RickDawgFL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The vents "pull" air into the seat. It doesn't blow air out. You can see if it's working with a tissue and seeing that it gets sucked to the seat.
Yeah, that I knew. I appreciate you replying all the same. But whether it is pulling the air (as it’s designed to do) or pushing it, it’s not working like I did just a month it so ago. Guess I’ll check with the dealership.

Thank ya.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
21 lariat and I just noticed it this week. Usually after a good mt bike ride I put the cooled seat on high and it cools off my sweaty back and butt, but the back isn’t working nearly as well as it was just last week.

i fairly regularly clean the”leather”, so I know it’s not dirt clogging the perforations…and with all of the complaints at once I am suspecting a software update?

Sponsored

mdn14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat PB SCREW
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Also noticed this recently but I know I'm still way behind on updates. My solution is to turn it off after I get driving for a bit, much more noticeable once you get nice and warm

OP
OP
RickDawgFL

RickDawgFL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 lariat and I just noticed it this week. Usually after a good mt bike ride I put the cooled seat on high and it cools off my sweaty back and butt, but the back isn’t working nearly as well as it was just last week.

i fairly regularly clean the”leather”, so I know it’s not dirt clogging the perforations…and with all of the complaints at once I am suspecting a software update?
That crossed my mind, too. Mine was updated to 4.2.4 back on May 8, about the same time I noticed a difference. Thought it could’ve been coincidence.

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
Yup, I have experienced the exact same thing. I thought something was wrong, but then I recognized if I was parked down several levels in a cooler basement garage the seats were immediately cool. You won't really feel the cooling effect from the ventilation until the AC cools down the cab air. Yay Summer.

OP
OP
RickDawgFL

RickDawgFL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup, I have experienced the exact same thing. I thought something was wrong, but then I recognized if I was parked down several levels in a cooler basement garage the seats were immediately cool. You won't really feel the cooling effect from the ventilation until the AC cools down the cab air. Yay Summer.
Yeah, I think you may be right. I did what rpold150 suggested and it seems to have plenty of pull. It is just getting too damn hot.

It'll be several weeks before I would be able to make it to my dealership. If you do end up taking yours in next week and they do find something wrong, let me know.

ks54703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22,XLT,302a,2.7EB,19Escape,87 GLHS 79 Magnun GT
Occupation
Retired IBEW Local 14 inside wireman
After having a 16 501a lariat, traded to get better system in a 18 501a Lariat that was up graded to a 19 701a Platinum now back to the cloth seats in a 22 302a XLT and am enjoying sitting in the truck.

Ford DOES NOT know how to make a ventilated seat system.
Sponsored