Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Hey guys,
I could have sworn my ventilated seats felt great the day i picked up my truck (1 week ago) but now I hear this loud air sound under the seat and it hardly blows up through the seat cushion. I’ve attempted to take a photos under the seat of the small blower (black box looks like a mini turbo) and the end is just blowing out air no hose attached. Seems like something has popped off but I don’t see anything. Anyone else experienced this?

Ford F-150 Ventilated Seats Not working 100% 178BBEC7-63C5-4223-B5D7-D77CB84C78CB
Sponsored

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
I think the way ventilated seats work is it pulls air down through the seat instead of pushing it up. That way you dont get a nose full of butt on a hot day!!

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think the way ventilated seats work is it pulls air down through the seat instead of pushing it up. That way you dont get a nose full of butt on a hot day!!
Lol I never knew that. Do you have that load hissing noise coming from under your seats?
Here is a video

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Lol I never knew that. Do you have that load hissing noise coming from under your seats?

Don't have mine yet but my brother in law has an Explorer with the option. Next time I see him I'll snag a video, I dont remember them making much noise at all.

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat

Here is a video

Mine has a pretty loud hissing noise when it's on full blast. I thought something was wrong at first, as well, until I looked under the seat while it was on and figured out it was just the blower down there. As far as I know, that's the way it's supposed to sound?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you. It’s odd because I’m 99% sure it was more powerful on the first day. Could have been the new truck excitement!

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m confused now. The video below shows a rubber hose connected to the end of the blower. So that would mean it blows into the seat vs sucking air out of the seat.

Zhenya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I don’t know how it works but mine is very loud on a max setting as well.

Hudnut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Auto industry
I’m confused now. The video below shows a rubber hose connected to the end of the blower. So that would mean it blows into the seat vs sucking air out of the seat.

that is an aftermarket system. not the OEM seat cooling

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Hey guys,
I could have sworn my ventilated seats felt great the day i picked up my truck (1 week ago) but now I hear this loud air sound under the seat and it hardly blows up through the seat cushion. I’ve attempted to take a photos under the seat of the small blower (black box looks like a mini turbo) and the end is just blowing out air no hose attached. Seems like something has popped off but I don’t see anything. Anyone else experienced this?

178BBEC7-63C5-4223-B5D7-D77CB84C78CB.jpeg
I'm having the exact same issue with my driver's seat. The passenger seat seems to be fine as my fiancé says it works quite well. They do in fact blow up through the seat.

Mine are also both quite loud when on high, and I've found that how I'm positioned in the seat (full back, back straight vs forward slightly and leaning back) seems to affect how much air comes through. I just assumed it had to do with constricting the passageways for the air flow.

I'm interested to see what else you find out about this, because I also thought it was weird that a blower motor would have an output venting to the cabin rather than up through the seat.

Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm having the exact same issue with my driver's seat. The passenger seat seems to be fine as my fiancé says it works quite well. They do in fact blow up through the seat.

Mine are also both quite loud when on high, and I've found that how I'm positioned in the seat (full back, back straight vs forward slightly and leaning back) seems to affect how much air comes through. I just assumed it had to do with constricting the passageways for the air flow.

I'm interested to see what else you find out about this, because I also thought it was weird that a blower motor would have an output venting to the cabin rather than up through the seat.

Good luck.
Does your passenger seat also have quite a bit of air venting to the cabin? I noticed my passenger seat has a clear tube going from the blower to the seat. I don’t see this on the driver seat. I’m thinking the connections inside the seat have popped off.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Does your passenger seat also have quite a bit of air venting to the cabin? I noticed my passenger seat has a clear tube going from the blower to the seat. I don’t see this on the driver seat. I’m thinking the connections inside the seat have popped off.
Both of blowers vent quite a bit to the cabin. I would say roughly the same amount.

My passenger seat has a clear tube that runs from the bottom of the seat to some kind of sensor mounted in front of the blower, but not to the blower. It looks like the blowers themselves are mounted directly to the seats, and pass air directly into the cushions. I'm not sure what the clear tube is for. I'll try to get a clear picture of it later, but the clear tube definitely is not attached to the blower, and the driver's side does not have the sensor or the tube.

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Both of blowers vent quite a bit to the cabin. I would say roughly the same amount.

My passenger seat has a clear tube that runs from the bottom of the seat to some kind of sensor mounted in front of the blower, but not to the blower. It looks like the blowers themselves are mounted directly to the seats, and pass air directly into the cushions. I'm not sure what the clear tube is for. I'll try to get a clear picture of it later, but the clear tube definitely is not attached to the blower, and the driver's side does not have the sensor or the tube.
Same setup here. Lol I just didn’t explain it very well.

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@apMechorse - are you still having issues with your cooled seats? Now that it’s getting hot again I’m really starting to notice that mine still don’t cool very well. I may take mine again again.

Good luck.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The OEM cooled seat system is nothing like the aftermarket one. You have a blower on the bottom(In the Picture) and one in the lean back. They blow directly into the seat. The seat has a air distribution webbing that is encased and is sealed minus a hole that lines directly up with the blower. It blows fairly well. In fact mine are the best performing cooled seats I have ever had.

That blower isnt missing anything and is held in by a screw that is only accessible once you pull the seat foam off.

If it isnt performing to the level you expect you could have a blower that is bad. There are 4. @ per seat. You can feel the air through the perforations. The blowers are all controlled from the Driver seat module. If you had an issue you will have a DTC. It detects what the motor speed shoudl be and if it isnt performing it will set a code.

Edit, I checked you have no codes regarding this. You do have a large OTA coming through. I would get a battery charger on your truck if possible. Also You do have some DTCs, Did you have a headlight issue?

Ford F-150 Ventilated Seats Not working 100% 1655770738980
Sponsored