Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
If I had an issue would it actually throw a check engine code or would the dealer actually have to run a test to find the issue?

The OEM cooled seat system is nothing like the aftermarket one. You have a blower on the bottom(In the Picture) and one in the lean back. They blow directly into the seat. The seat has a air distribution webbing that is encased and is sealed minus a hole that lines directly up with the blower. It blows fairly well. In fact mine are the best performing cooled seats I have ever had.

That blower isnt missing anything and is held in by a screw that is only accessible once you pull the seat foam off.

If it isnt performing to the level you expect you could have a blower that is bad. There are 4. @ per seat. You can feel the air through the perforations. The blowers are all controlled from the Driver seat module. If you had an issue you will have a DTC. It detects what the motor speed shoudl be and if it isnt performing it will set a code.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If I had an issue would it actually throw a check engine code or would the dealer actually have to run a test to find the issue?
Its not a check engine light it would be a DTC codes stored in modules. to help know if there is an issue

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
same problem here. doesn't feel like they are always ventilating when turned one. dealer looked at it once, said no issue. last night I turned them on, definitely no breeze on my backside....
Sponsored