Using an EQ with Carplay?

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
Has anyone figured out a way to use an EQ while using Carplay? I know IOS does not allow the built in EQ to be used. You are limited to the Bass, Mid, and Treble settings in Sync. But has anyone found a way around this or discovered a different solution? Just curious. As always I love you people and appreciate any feedback.

Update: I suppose I could play music from my phone just using the Bluetooth connection (sans carplay). I think that would allow the EQ. But that would come with a loss in Audio quality I think. I am currently using wired carplay for the full bitrate. But another question then arises. If I sacrificed the bitrate for EQ use then how would I keep the standard Sync EQ and the IOS EQ from fighting each other. Oh this is all stupid.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Not directly an answer, but have you tried Apple Spatial audio in your truck yet? It really seems to sound better to me.

OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not directly an answer, but have you tried Apple Spatial audio in your truck yet? It really seems to sound better to me.
Yes I have and yes it does. But 99.9% of the music I have in my library is not configured for spatial audio.

FlyFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 SC Lariat 502A BAP
This is a great question, and I've always wondered how to connect to sync via wired (USB-C) connection versus wireless. I do appreciate the convenience of wireless, but loss of quality audio and lag when skipping songs is annoying. How do I revert back to wired CarPlay connection?

Trying to get the most out of my B&O Unleashed system.

Thanks in advance!

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
This is a great question, and I've always wondered how to connect to sync via wired (USB-C) connection versus wireless. I do appreciate the convenience of wireless, but loss of quality audio and lag when skipping songs is annoying. How do I revert back to wired CarPlay connection?

Trying to get the most out of my B&O Unleashed system.

Thanks in advance!
Just plug the phone in, and it will use CarPlay via wired connection.

Sponsored

FlyFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just plug the phone in, and it will use CarPlay via wired connection.
Thanks for that. I thought that would work, but I find it still connects wirelessly and lags. I figured the hard wired connection would take precedence, but it doesn’t seem so. I dunno, I found response between control and response much quicker on my 2020 Sync 3.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Thanks for that. I thought that would work, but I find it still connects wirelessly and lags. I figured the hard wired connection would take precedence, but it doesn’t seem so. I dunno, I found response between control and response much quicker on my 2020 Sync 3.
Maybe you’ve never paired is via wire before. Disable the wifi and then connect the phone.

OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Go to CarPlay setting and click “forget this car”. Then plug in. When prompted select use WIRED CarPlay vs. wireless. This will work. I have done it many times when trying to decide if I wanted to stick with wireless or wired.

FlyFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Go to CarPlay setting and click “forget this car”. Then plug in. When prompted select use WIRED CarPlay vs. wireless. This will work. I have done it many times when trying to decide if I wanted to stick with wireless or wired.
Awesome, I’ll do this, thanks a ton! Especially if I’m going to be on a longer drive and want that better quality audio without lag.

Thanks guys!

pelon222

First Name
Lupe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB
Occupation
Engineering
Any one played with this in forscan
Ford F-150 Using an EQ with Carplay? IMG_3347

Sponsored

OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry this has nothing to do with your question but, Man love your Avatar Name, Is there a story behind it?
Years ago my wife was sound asleep laying next to me in bed. While fully asleep she dramatically flailed her arm out and punched me in the chest. Still while completely asleep she proclaimed “Rocket Fist!” To her horror I explained it all back to her in the morning. It has been an inside joke ever since. Mooga is a weird nickname I have for my labradoodle Louie. And unrelated as I have literally just found out, is also the name for some sort of cow inspired yoga. Rocket Fist Mooga my friend.

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Years ago my wife was sound asleep laying next to me in bed. While fully asleep she dramatically flailed her arm out and punched me in the chest. Still while completely asleep she proclaimed “Rocket Fist!” To her horror I explained it all back to her in the morning. It has been an inside joke ever since. Mooga is a weird nickname I have for my labradoodle Louie. And unrelated as I have literally just found out, is also the name for some sort of cow inspired yoga. Rocket Fist Mooga my friend.
Love it, thanks for the back story, unique names like that always have a great back story, hahah.!! Hope you have a great weekend lined up! Thanks!
Sponsored