First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
you guys getting power back up yet? i saw on news lots was restored but they were devoid of specifics
stay hydrated
Yup got power back on Sunday afternoon (around 3pm). We were lucky (we are inland). The Ft Myers area was devastated :(
Sponsored

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Thanks. Specifically meant the range of the cars modem to your devices. If it has enough strength to be parked outside and reach devices inside your home appropriately. Or if you need to be in or pretty near the truck.
If your talking about the in car wifi, I could go most places in my house and get Wifi from the truck parked right out front. Now, I can't tell you if it was the wifi or ATT (due to the hurricane), but the connection sucked. Some of it I attributed to the sunscreens i put in place ot keep people from seeing the truck was running at night (Ford really should let you turn off the interior lights) and some was probably my CBS house.

Again, it was hard to tell what the issue was. Android will swap back over to Cellular data (even if there is no data connection) if the wifi is bad. It appears it will even just flat out disconnect if it can't detect internet.

xaiverson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 501a Powerboost
If your talking about the in car wifi, I could go most places in my house and get Wifi from the truck parked right out front. Now, I can't tell you if it was the wifi or ATT (due to the hurricane), but the connection sucked. Some of it I attributed to the sunscreens i put in place ot keep people from seeing the truck was running at night (Ford really should let you turn off the interior lights) and some was probably my CBS house.

Again, it was hard to tell what the issue was. Android will swap back over to Cellular data (even if there is no data connection) if the wifi is bad. It appears it will even just flat out disconnect if it can't detect internet.
Okay, kinda what I figured. I'm sure they used the minimum they could for that connectivity. But maybe enough to get us by.

Yeah they kinda dropped the ball with "Generator Mode". They should at least have some options to save a preset for when it's enabled. Like shutting all the screen/lights/unnecessary accessories off.

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Okay, kinda what I figured. I'm sure they used the minimum they could for that connectivity. But maybe enough to get us by.

Yeah they kinda dropped the ball with "Generator Mode". They should at least have some options to save a preset for when it's enabled. Like shutting all the screen/lights/unnecessary accessories off.
note that in the truck the wifi works really well :) even probably as far as 10' away. I could get it in my house 30' away, but I had to hold my phone...JUUUUUUUUST right...LOL

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I see a huge benefit when towing through a long construction zone while on an interstate. When stopped, no ICE is running. When we start up, the ICE runs until we settle at 10-15 mph. Then ICE stops and electric motor takes over.

Unless I'm going up and down mountains, I'm not in Tow/Haul mode.
same. I tow in normal 90% of the time, and I change over to tow when approaching large up or down hills. I find that with most loads the system will kick into electric only and can provide enough torque to stay at speeds up to approximately 35 mpg while on flat ground. Of course there is gained efficiency in stop and go traffic and while stopped at lights. We take a payload hit and the hybrid system doesn’t help a lot at highway Speeds.

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Thanks. Specifically meant the range of the cars modem to your devices. If it has enough strength to be parked outside and reach devices inside your home appropriately. Or if you need to be in or pretty near the truck.
Mines about 40 feet.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
note that in the truck the wifi works really well :) even probably as far as 10' away. I could get it in my house 30' away, but I had to hold my phone...JUUUUUUUUST right...LOL
You could extend it much further with a small electronic device if desired...
Or you could serve it to the neighborhood if you wanted to take it another step further from that....

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Or you could serve it to the neighborhood if you wanted to take it another step further from that....
If I honestly thought I would use it long term I might, but I'm not. It got me through the hurricane and now I'll shut it down. I just don't drive enough to warrant that expense.

Maybe in the wife's car where she drives the kids around more and we use for family trips, but even that I questionable for our use. We normally just set my wife's phone to hotspot when we need it.

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
On second thought. You have me intrigued. Maybe there's a hidden ethernet port I could come to my unifi network and hotspots too,l? Or are you talking a repeater, which could also work.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
The truck's ethernet is encrypted I believe -- just using a dual band AP as a client repeater on discrete bands. Connect to the truck on 5ghz as a client, then route to 2.4 side of WLAN AP.

Truck sees a single device, the AP on 2.4 via the router = discrete network w/ truck as WAN.

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
The truck's ethernet is encrypted I believe -- just using a dual band AP as a client repeater on discrete bands. Connect to the truck on 5ghz as a client, then route to 2.4 side of WLAN AP.

Truck sees a single device, the AP on 2.4 via the router = discrete network w/ truck as WAN.
Nice! I have to do that also.
Sponsored